Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Last edited:

Callipleura

Apr 21, 2015
ON, Canada
There's more data on Innokin's Cool Fire IV and it's MSRP is about $45.

Just saw a review at Innokin's FB page AND noticed their new ad shows more colors -- an actual red, silver, black, blue, purple (probably istick red) and amethyst (a lavender).

Looking for a preorder on the amethyst. :w00t:
The Cool Fire IV does seem nice! (I was thinking about an iStick 30 but the components and build quality on them seemed lacking).

I sort of don't like the name plate as I find it takes away from the really nice aesthetics of the Cool Fire IV.
2000mah battery... I guess I was hoping for a little more (It might be a more accurate spec though of the battery)... to beat the spec of an iStick 30 at least (which might be "over" spec'd).
Still the Cool Fire IV should come in at a nice retail price if that is the MSRP.
Cheers

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
They don't seem to mention the dimensions of the Cool Fire IV...(not that that would be important information to list :shock: )

Kanger recently announced their new Subox Mini. The starter kit comes with a matching SubTank Mini and is available in black, white or silver. $82.90 MSRP; replaceable 18650

How about $52.55 ??? (With an additional $5 OFF if sign up for their newsletter.)

BLACK:

Kanger SUBOX Mini Black Starter Kit

WHITE:

Kanger SUBOX Mini White Starter Kit

eddiea

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2014
Laguna Niguel, CA USA
They don't seem to mention the dimensions of the Cool Fire IV...(not that that would be important information to list :shock: )

85x42x24 per Pauly's info:
rNQIVhW.jpg

Here's his YouTube video:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
85x42x24 per Pauly's info:

Thanx edd for the Cool Fire IV dimensions. Now...I'm a little "disappointed" (whatever that means).

Around when this tread started I scored an IPV Mini. I was fooled by the "Mini" in it's name. (But I did get it at a GREAT "clearance sale" price.) It looks (and feels) like a GIANT when sitting next to my 20W/30W-iSticks!!! :shock:

The IPV Mini is 94 x 40 x 23. Thus...although the Cool Fire IV is 9mm shorter than the IPV Mini...it's 2mm wider and 1mm thicker.

(Or...using aldenf's volumes...the CF IV's 85,680 mm³ is barely smaller than the IM's 86,480mm³.) (versus the iStick's 51,660mm³)

Oh well...

mudram99

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2014
South Jawja, United States
Thanx edd for the Cool Fire IV dimensions. Now...I'm a little "disappointed" (whatever that means).

Around when this tread started I scored an IPV Mini. I was fooled by the "Mini" in it's name. (But I did get it at a GREAT "clearance sale" price.) It looks (and feels) like a GIANT when sitting next to my 20W/30W-iSticks!!! :shock:

The IPV Mini is 94 x 40 x 23. Thus...although the Cool Fire IV is 9mm shorter than the IPV Mini...it's 2mm wider and 1mm thicker.

(Or...using aldenf's volumes...the CF IV's 85,680 mm³ is barely smaller than the IM's 86,480mm³.) (versus the iStick's 51,660mm³)

Oh well...
Go on, call it a stump. We know you wanna :)

eddiea

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2014
Laguna Niguel, CA USA

Oh well...
Yeah the IPV Mini wasn't truly a mini which is why I decided to get a Cloupor Mini instead. I like the design of the Coolfire 4 and I'm confident the board in it will be accurate and the overall build quality will be solid. I'm looking forward to knowing the size of the new Kanger Subox...it appears smaller in width but I'm curious about the height and the material of the box.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Thank you, Mr. Mud. Having spent just a couple of days with her, I'm really not confident I'd recommend this one. It IS tiny tiny, but for some reason, I just haven't fallen in love with it..... specifically the hand feel.

Hand feel - important.

(Another life lesson learned via vaping. I'll put it in Chapter 22.)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I'm looking forward to knowing the size of the new Kanger Subox...it appears smaller in width but I'm curious about the height and the material of the box.

Not official by any means, but I did some measurements of the pictures and did the extrapolation type algebra? a is to b as c is to d :- ) and came up with this on the Subox. That I already had the Subtank Mini helped as some sizes stated on some sites include the 510 connection - ie. 68,5mm when the part showing is really 64mm. Anyway, after failing to find any spec info at Kanger and Kanger FB (someone asked but not answered), I got this:

H: 84.75 mm
W: 33 mm
D: 22 mm (the size of the subtank)

For comparison, my Heatvape Defender is:
H: 85.75 mm
W: 35 mm
D: 23.2 mm

Materials listed at Kanger are glass and Stainless Steel. It was mentioned on the FB page that it has a ceramic coating, when someone asked about a sillycone skin. :)

Here's a picture of the Defender with a Lemo (L) and AeroTank Mega (R) The Lemo is 85.5 mm high, AeroTank M is 66 mm (x22mm). Again, Subtank 64mm (all including mouthpiece, but not 510 connection).

160096210.jpg

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
Thank you, Mr. Mud. Having spent just a couple of days with her, I'm really not confident I'd recommend this one. It IS tiny tiny, but for some reason, I just haven't fallen in love with it..... specifically the hand feel.

Hand feel - important.

(Another life lesson learned via vaping. I'll put it in Chapter 22.)
Darn, shoot!! I should have read the whole thread before I asked the question. [emoji17]

Reactions: mudram99

eddiea

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2014
Laguna Niguel, CA USA
Not official by any means, but I did some measurements of the pictures and did the extrapolation type algebra? a is to b as c is to d :- ) and came up with this on the Subox. That I already had the Subtank Mini helped as some sizes stated on some sites include the 510 connection - ie. 68,5mm when the part showing is really 64mm. Anyway, after failing to find any spec info at Kanger and Kanger FB (someone asked but not answered), I got this:

H: 84.75 mm
W: 33 mm
D: 22 mm (the size of the subtank)

For comparison, my Heatvape Defender is:
H: 85.75 mm
W: 35 mm
D: 23.2 mm

Materials listed at Kanger are glass and Stainless Steel. It was mentioned on the FB page that it has a ceramic coating, when someone asked about a sillycone skin. :)

Here's a picture of the Defender with a Lemo (L) and AeroTank Mega (R) The Lemo is 85.5 mm high, AeroTank M is 66 mm (x22mm). Again, Subtank 64mm (all including mouthpiece, but not 510 connection).

160096210.jpg

Thanks for that info Kent (sounds like it would be nearly identical to the size of my Smowell DPV-50 which is fine with me). Got my eye on the Subox as well as the Coolfire 4. It's only a matter of time when they offer the Subox separately rather than the complete kit, and the 18650 feature is appealing compared to the built-in 2000mah of the Coolfire 4 - although the accuracy and performance of Innokin's boards is swaying me towards the Coolfire 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread