Status
Not open for further replies.

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
I'm not very trusting of Eleaf batteries. I am curious about the tank - will it take regular GS Air coils too? .15 ohm sounds a bit extreme.

the tank will take regular GS coils. the 0.15 ohm coil is made with the special Temp Control metal- it translates differently for TC mods than regular mods made for Kanthal.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
That is a head for temp control only:

GS Air TC Head
Heating wire: Nickel 200
Resistance: 0.15Ω

If I'm thinkin' I'll probably (someday) buy a TC Mod...and I buy a "GS Air TC Head" now...can I use it on my 30-iStick, etc.?

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
If I'm thinkin' I'll probably (someday) buy a TC Mod...and I buy a "GS Air TC Head" now...can I use it on my 30-iStick, etc.?
it's my understanding that the metal used for TC mods will only work for TC mods- and.. the ohms may be too low for the regular iStick to read.

Cloudmann

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
North Charleston, SC
it's my understanding that the metal used for TC mods will only work for TC mods- and.. the ohms may be too low for the regular iStick to read.
That is correct. Even if it does read and fire on a non TC mod, you risk catastrophic battery failure. Only use TC coils on compatible TC mods... and only in the correct TC mode (ni200 or titanium etc), NEVER voltage or wattage regulated modes.

Last edited:

Callipleura

Apr 21, 2015
ON, Canada

Short answer is no.
The iStick 30W isn't rated to fire the 0.15Ω GS Air TC coil.
The rated resistance range for the iStick 30W is 0.4Ω-5Ω. Source

If you are planning on buying the new GS Air Atomizer when it comes out, use only the older silica/kanthal coils (1.5Ω) or newer cotton/kanthal coils (1.2Ω) with your iStick 30W.

The cotton/Ni200 coils (0.15Ω) aren't for an iStick 30W or mod without TC.

-1.jpg

Last edited:

Buster282

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
FL USA
f you are planning on buying the new GS Air Atomizer when it comes out, use only the older silica/kanthal coils (1.5Ω) or newer cotton/kanthal coils (1.2Ω) with your iStick 30W.

I was confused on Eleaf's new tank as well. They are calling it the GS-Tank Atomizer. The new heads are still referred to as GS Air heads - pure cotton or TC. (those air-heads) ;)

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Calli plural........ all the GS Air tanks will take the "normal" non-subohm GS Air coils, yes? Just to be klear, if I want the short squatty GS Air V2 (22mm 3ml nuovo tank), I can still use my existing GS Air 1.5s and 1.2s, eh?

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Calli plural........ all the GS Air tanks will take the "normal" non-subohm GS Air coils, yes? Just to be klear, if I want the short squatty GS Air V2 (22mm 3ml nuovo tank), I can still use my existing GS Air 1.5s and 1.2s, eh?

This is correct, Your Boopedness.

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Alden Booped me!!!!!!!!

(but in the kindest and most gentile-est of ways)

Thanks dear one. I like the 22ml-ness of it, but I prefer the 4ml-ness of the "M". That being said.......... deals, please, gerrymi?

Eleaf, should you wish to please me, you'd make a squatty 3.5ish ml tank. Too much to ask? ;)

Callipleura

Apr 21, 2015
ON, Canada
Any of the (3) GS coils will fit in any of the (4) GS tanks (all pictured above). If anyone is unsure just buy whatever GS tank you like and use the 1.5Ω or 1.2Ω kanthal coil.

The Ni200 coil (blue o-ring) should only be used with a temperature control mod in Ni mode. SubΩ vs non-SubΩ is one thing... kanthal vs nickel is another.

Last edited:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I like the 22ml-ness of it, but I prefer the 4ml-ness of the "M". That being said.......... deals, please, gerrymi?

Kat I agree...I like the 4ml-ness of the "GS Air M" over the 3ml-ness of the "GS Air V2".

Best price (I've seen) on the M is $9.49.

Electronic Cigarette - Best Electronic Cigarette - Vapor Cigarette Buy the Best Eleaf GS AIR M from www.evape.us

V2 $12.40 "AVU10OFF"or"PLF10OFF" for 10% Off

Eleaf iStick GS-Tank Atomizer for iStick TC 40W - Cvapor.com

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Ahh! Everytime I look at this thread, I feel like my wallet cowering in fear. Now I want the new iStick TC and the Presa. But I JUST got the Coolfire 4 soooo..... I'll spare you this time wallet.

Well, there's tomorrow.... :w00t: :lol:

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Danger. ECF threads!! All these new mods do turn my head for a minute, too. But then reality (and my BFF) takes over, and I realize the answer to the question....... HOW MUCH CAN I VAPE?

These days, the new and improved device HAS to have something special and for a need in order to consider it. They are ALL cute....... but.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread