ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
look what's coming from provari ;) might not be under a 100 bucks though :D

specs and other details available on 10-13

Hahaha... We were just talking about it in another thread. Interesting. Why no TC, though? Not that I need it, but it's nice to have options. :unsure:

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
How do you like your Subtank mini? I saw the new(er) version (unpainted) but I wonder if it is a suitable tank for MTL peeps. I also hear some grumbling about leaking. But I do like the building deck design.
I have both the old sub tank mini and the new one. I think that the new one's smaller holes are much better for mtl than the single hole on the old version. Plus the 1.5 coils have much smaller wicking chambers and have a tighter draw as well.

Would it be the same as a carto, no. But it is tighter than an aerotank completely opened, or a nauty mini on the 2 holes.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
How do you like your Subtank mini? I saw the new(er) version (unpainted) but I wonder if it is a suitable tank for MTL peeps. I also hear some grumbling about leaking. But I do like the building deck design.

I Love it.

Running on OCC or VOCC Mode it is a Good Tank. Nothing to Sneeze at. But in RBA Mode, it is a Great Tank.

The Deck is Dead Simple to build on. Flavor is Great. Good Air Flow Control. And if you have Any experience wicking Coils, I don't think you are going to have any Issues with Leaking.

And even if One has No Experience with Building Coils, I would still Highly Recommend it. Because you have the Option to run the OCC or VOCC Heads why you Hone your Building Skills.

Great Set-Up all the way around.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Thanks, I thought so. A bit biggish for my taste. How do you like it so far?
That's biggish? It's tiny!

b73da8b526783110d3ae2d860a1aaa71.jpg

It's about half the size of a Smoke cube II, and just shy of twice the size of an iStick 20/30/40. Smaller than the iStick 50 and the eVic VT.

2b60094ea1ec5824920ff03d94aa2a3f.jpg

I'm liking it... mostly. I've run through a full tank on the Goblin Mini (3 ml) with the coils built to .6 and the mod set to 30 watts. There's a short delay when firing thar might be an annoyance. It feels solid! Looks suhweet!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
3489700-2.jpg

GS Air MS
2.5ml

cheaper, less fuss w/precoils :- ) for MTL tootle Puffers

I've got a Couple of those. As well as a couple of these...

3484000-2.jpg

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3006/10012242/3484000

GS Air M
4ml
19mm

As well a one of these...

2906200-7.jpg

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10011884/2906200-authentic-eleaf-gs-tank-bottom-coil-clearomizer

GS-Tank
3ml
22mm

For a "Head" type Tank, I think the eLeaf GS Tanks are Very Hard to Beat. Very Good Tanks. Damn Inexpensive also.

And if you have Good Eyes (or a Good Magnifier) and Steady Hands, the 1.5 Ohms Heads can be Rebuilt.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I've got a Couple of those. As well as a couple of these...

Have all three plus the regular GS air that I run on one of the few eGos I still have running :) Right now, all my itty bitty mods plus the VT and the iJoy (kanthal TC) mod are wearing them.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I have both the old sub tank mini and the new one. I think that the new one's smaller holes are much better for mtl than the single hole on the old version. Plus the 1.5 coils have much smaller wicking chambers and have a tighter draw as well.

Would it be the same as a carto, no. But it is tighter than an aerotank completely opened, or a nauty mini on the 2 holes.

Sounds perfect for me! Thanks, pokemom! :)

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I Love it.

Running on OCC or VOCC Mode it is a Good Tank. Nothing to Sneeze at. But in RBA Mode, it is a Great Tank.

The Deck is Dead Simple to build on. Flavor is Great. Good Air Flow Control. And if you have Any experience wicking Coils, I don't think you are going to have any Issues with Leaking.

And even if One has No Experience with Building Coils, I would still Highly Recommend it. Because you have the Option to run the OCC or VOCC Heads why you Hone your Building Skills.

Ditto this, and I have to add that I've (almost) never had a leak. The (almost) refers to a single instance with a poorly wicked Subang V1 rba...

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I Love it.

That's what I wanted to hear! I want to use it mainly as another RTA. I like the deck because you don't have to pull on the legs to install the coil, which inevitably distorts the coil--unless one is very careful!

Thanks!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Have all three plus the regular GS air that I run on one of the few eGos I still have running :) Right now, all my itty bitty mods plus the VT and the iJoy (kanthal TC) mod are wearing them.

I alternate between GS Air's and eGo ONE Tank for by Out-n-About set-up.

I really like the eGo ONE CLR Heads because they are So Easy to Rebuild. But I Don't like the eGo ONE Tanks because it is Hard to see Clear e-Liquids thru those Silly Small tank Windows.

Whereas the GS Air tank are Perfect, but the Heads are Harder to rebuild.

So it's Kinda a Toss Up.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That's what I wanted to hear! I want to use it mainly as another RTA. I like the deck because you don't have to pull on the legs to install the coil, which inevitably distorts the coil--unless one is very careful!

Thanks!

For the Type of Vaper you are Kat, I think a Subtank Mini would be a Perfect Fit.

It's just a Darn Good Tank.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I alternate between GS Air's and eGo ONE Tank for by Out-n-About set-up.

I really like the eGo ONE CLR Heads because they are So Easy to Rebuild. But I Don't like the eGo ONE Tanks because it is Hard to see Clear e-Liquids thru those Silly Small tank Windows.

Whereas the GS Air tank are Perfect, but the Heads are Harder to rebuild.

So it's Kinda a Toss Up.

Understood. I quit rebuilding and you're soooooo right on the eGo One 'windows' (more like shutters) :- ) I'm trying to figure out if the one I'm using (on an eGo One batt) needs refilled lol....

I had some leaking problems (see 'grumble' above Kat) with the Subtanks. And someone mentioned shutting off the air - like with the KF4 - before filling. I haven't tried that but I'm going to... Just didn't think it could be just that. If it is, I may go back to some rebuilds..... ;- )

Reactions: Katya

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Oh dear. I know the question wasn't directed at me...but I have to confess I'm a heavy vaper. Tootling all the way, but heavy (as in chain). I can easily go through 2ml. in 2 hours. Easy. As a rule, my GS Ms will last me 3 to 3.5 hours if I'm nervous. If my hands are busy, and I'm calm I can stretch it to last more like 5 hours (even 6 on a good day!). Believe me, I try to find things to keep me busy, but lately I've been betwixt and between....and my juice supply is suffering! A 2ml. tank would be such a hassle to keep full. And it would not be a good tank to take if I went out anywhere!

I vape pretty much constantly, or it seems I do, anyway, though I've calmed down about it quite a lot since I first quit smoking -- in fact sometimes I realize I haven't vaped in 15-20 minutes, or maybe even longer sometimes, and really haven't missed it; other times it seems I barely put it down.

I ran a worst-case computation for mine; if I vape a full 6ml in a day, and I'm awake for only 15 hrs, then I vape about .4ml per hr. However I think I'm usually closer to 5ml and 16 hrs, so my rough estimate of .3ml per hr is pretty close to the mark.

It has a lot to do with the atty one uses; my Achilles has such a tight draw and low airflow, and I run it only at about 9w, 9.5w at the most, with coils around 1.7 ohms, it doesn't vaporize a great deal of liquid -- in fact it's very similar to a carto in juice consumption, and those are very conservative ejuice-burners.

So even though the Achilles is *technically* an RDA, it performs much more like an RTA, albeit a small one. Really it combines the best parts of both into one very lightweight titanium jewel. :thumb:

Andria

Reactions: fourthrok

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Understood. I quit rebuilding and you're soooooo right on the eGo One 'windows' (more like shutters) :- ) I'm trying to figure out if the one I'm using (on an eGo One batt) needs refilled lol....

I got Disgusted the Other Day and cut out the windows dividers on my 2.5ml eGo ONE with a Dremel Cut-Off Wheel.

It wasn't a Perfect job. But the Difference is Night-n-Day. I can Actually see the e-Liquid level Now!

BTW - I hope that the Tank that comes on this Semi-Mech Mod takes eGo ONE Coils. It looks like it does...

1436392015757-P-2815590.jpg

201507091142264047.jpg

http://www.gearbest.com/starter-kits/pp_211740.html

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I got Disgusted the Other Day and cut out the windows dividers on my 2.5ml eGo ONE with a Dremel Cut-Off Wheel.

It wasn't a Perfect job. But the Difference is Night-n-Day. I can Actually see the e-Liquid level Now!

BTW - I hope that the Tank that comes on this Semi-Mech Mod takes eGo ONE Coils. It looks like it does...

1436392015757-P-2815590.jpg

201507091142264047.jpg

http://www.gearbest.com/starter-kits/pp_211740.html
That tank sorta looks like a Eleaf GS-Tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread