Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
look what's coming from provari ;) might not be under a 100 bucks though :D

specs and other details available on 10-13

12122487_10153676321338699_3935447083667137890_n.jpg

Hahaha... We were just talking about it in another thread. Interesting. Why no TC, though? Not that I need it, but it's nice to have options. :unsure:

I'd venture a guess that it will most definitely not be under 100 smackeroonies. :lol:

As far as Temp Limit goes, Provape had this to say:

I see some comments about TC and the big question...Is ProVape ready for TC?

Temp Control/Temp Limiting or as some refer to it as 'temperature guessing', I see a lot of comments on both sides. Please don't do it or I really hope you have it.

What I can say at this time regarding TC is until it's been perfected we won't put it out. I've heard about a lot of negative experiences with TC and many have commented that they are tired of fiddling with it. Sometimes it works, other times it does not and everything in between.

It has not been perfected yet and until it has, we won't put our name on it just to say we have it.
Once we feel it's ready, accurate, hassle-free and a great experience, then it will be the right time.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
It has a lot to do with the atty one uses; my Achilles has such a tight draw and low airflow, and I run it only at about 9w, 9.5w at the most, with coils around 1.7 ohms, it doesn't vaporize a great deal of liquid -- in fact it's very similar to a carto in juice consumption, and those are very conservative ejuice-burners.

Andria
I'm glad you brought that up. I've been vaping quite awhile now, and up until just the past few months I used carto tanks exclusively. Okay..I took a foray into squonking and did try the early clearomizers and I tried my hand and rebuilding my own coils for awhile, played with mechs, etc. in 2013, but ended up going back to carto tanks by the end of that year...and there I stayed. I vaped as constantly then as I do now and only averaged around 6 to 8 ml. a day. A Day. I long for those days again!!! The ONLY reason I went with the new clearos like the GS Air coils and tanks was because I felt forced to do so. I don't know what happened, but it got to where ...out of the clear blue...my cartos would start going nasty tasting within 24 hours. I used to average well over a week (sometimes up to 3 weeks) on a single carto. Why this happened I have no idea. But it did. 'Bout broke my heart. So now...I'm trying to deal with the tanks and coils and the VV/VW stuff (I was perfectly happy with my eGo PTs before this Terrible Thing happened). I came back here to ECF hoping for support and I'm trying to accept the changes that happened. I'm learning a lot. Not quite as happy as I was with my carto tanks and egos....but I'm trying! I hate how much juice I go through now, though!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I'm glad you brought that up. I've been vaping quite awhile now, and up until just the past few months I used carto tanks exclusively. Okay..I took a foray into squonking and did try the early clearomizers and I tried my hand and rebuilding my own coils for awhile, played with mechs, etc. in 2013, but ended up going back to carto tanks by the end of that year...and there I stayed. I vaped as constantly then as I do now and only averaged around 6 to 8 ml. a day. A Day. I long for those days again!!! The ONLY reason I went with the new clearos like the GS Air coils and tanks was because I felt forced to do so. I don't know what happened, but it got to where ...out of the clear blue...my cartos would start going nasty tasting within 24 hours. I used to average well over a week (sometimes up to 3 weeks) on a single carto. Why this happened I have no idea. But it did. 'Bout broke my heart. So now...I'm trying to deal with the tanks and coils and the VV/VW stuff (I was perfectly happy with my eGo PTs before this Terrible Thing happened). I came back here to ECF hoping for support and I'm trying to accept the changes that happened. I'm learning a lot. Not quite as happy as I was with my carto tanks and egos....but I'm trying! I hate how much juice I go through now, though!

Well, if you like the tight draw of a carto, you'd probably love the Achilles too, and since you know how to build coils... no biggie. I find it just a smidge easier than a Kayfun to build; just a bit more space, and the mounting screws are just a bit larger; it seems much easier to get the wire around them, and I confirmed that recently when I got one of my Kayfuns setup; the Achilles really is easier; the Kayfun seemed cramped, after using just the Achilles for some months.

And it never, ever leaks -- supposedly that's true of Kayfuns too, but I saw a few leaks occasionally with a couple of mine -- never from the Achilles.

Andria

Reactions: gerrymi

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR

I went to GS Airs from T3S tanks and pretty much doubled my juice consumption when I did. Some of that was the higher wattage. i don't think I ever vaped a t3s over 5 watts, but the GS Airs didn't taste right to me below 8 watts. And the other part was that they gave me a much better flavor, so I wanted to vape more. Now I've ventured into RTAs and find my juice consumption has once again gone up. I guess it's a good thing I DIY! :D

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'd venture a guess that it will most definitely not be under 100 smackeroonies. :lol:

As far as Temp Limit goes, Provape had this to say:

I see some comments about TC and the big question...Is ProVape ready for TC?

Temp Control/Temp Limiting or as some refer to it as 'temperature guessing', I see a lot of comments on both sides. Please don't do it or I really hope you have it.

What I can say at this time regarding TC is until it's been perfected we won't put it out. I've heard about a lot of negative experiences with TC and many have commented that they are tired of fiddling with it. Sometimes it works, other times it does not and everything in between.

It has not been perfected yet and until it has, we won't put our name on it just to say we have it.
Once we feel it's ready, accurate, hassle-free and a great experience, then it will be the right time.

Hehehe... That's pretty much how I feel about TC myself.

But I also like Brandon and I'm very grateful to Evolv that they had the guts and the vision to try something new and potentially beneficial to all vapers. ProVape decided to play it safe and just watch what others are doing. That's fine too. There's nothing wrong with taking a wait and see approach...

"Once we feel it's ready, accurate, hassle-free and a great experience, then it will be the right time." In other words, once somebody else invests the money and talent and takes the risk and perfects the technology, we at ProVape will buy their chip? Kinda weak for a trailblazer and innovator like the ProVape, isn't it? Leading from behind?
wink.gif

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I don't know what happened, but it got to where ...out of the clear blue...my cartos would start going nasty tasting within 24 hours.

Maybe your taste buds woke up and you started noticing the bad taste? In my experience, a cartomizer is only capable of vaporizing 6-10 ml of ejuice before the flavor and vapor production begin to diminish. Perhaps a bit more if you vape clean, clear juices, maybe a bit less if your juices are dark and sweet or NETs. Tanked cartos last longer because they are constantly kept fully saturated. But you can't expect miracles--cartomizers are by their very nature very disposable.

I used to average well over a week (sometimes up to 3 weeks) on a single carto.

How many milliliters was that? I have never been able to enjoy a cartomizer for 3 weeks (2-3 ml a day or so?)--no matter what kind of juice I used.

I hate how much juice I go through now, though!

Your GS Air tanks come with dual-coil atties, so right there your juice consumption almost doubles (depending on your wattage, also). A GS Air tank is like vaping two single coil cartomizers at once. :D

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Wow - just got an email for a preorder for this: http://www.kangeronline.com/collections/kangertech-starter-kit Am I late to the party? Never even heard a whisper about this one!

Hi Amanda--we talked about it briefly here and there. This mod comes with an integrated atomizer, like the eGrip, which may or may not be a good thing--depending on your preference. I like my own toppers so for me any mod that doesn't allow me to use them is a non-starter, at least on paper.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I like the eGrip. It has the benefit of being very small. This, though, is not small. The internal tank holds 10 ml... that's larger than the Subang Plus... I have to agree with @Katya in that this is a non-starter in much the same way that the Disruptor which only uses its own batteries. IF you do not mind being locked into ONE companies tech, then either will work. IF you want upgrade options or adaptability, then no...

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

And the man of the East and I do apologize for being somewhat influential in that vape lifestyle change, 4th. I do hope that eventually the "newer" style of vaping begins to be your friend.

You may not know this, but I went KICKING AND SCREAMING to my first Nautilus tank. I made fun of it. I laughed at it. I filled it (straight from the box/no cleaning) and thought it was meh. I did not want to give up my karto tanks. Not at all.

Then, it began to change. I gave them a chance and started preferring them. Now my kartos glare at me and do not understand my silence towards them.

I glare back. They're taking up a ton of valuable vape real estate.

Hehehe... That's pretty much how I feel about TC myself.

But I also like Brandon and I'm very grateful to Evolv that they had the guts and the vision to try something new and potentially beneficial to all vapers. ProVape decided to play it safe and just watch what others are doing. That's fine too. There's nothing wrong with taking a wait and see approach...

"Once we feel it's ready, accurate, hassle-free and a great experience, then it will be the right time." In other words, once somebody else invests the money and talent and takes the risk and perfects the technology, we at ProVape will buy their chip? Kinda weak for a trailblazer and innovator like the ProVape, isn't it? Leading from behind?
wink.gif

Needless to say (ha ha) I adore the Brandonator. He, to me, is a man of vision and definite courage. Please don't shoot the messenger, sweetie. At this point, none of us know what Provape has up their sleeve and whether or not they are working on improvements or new tech in this arena.

And for me, it's really just for interest in watching where vape goes. Right now I have little to zero interest in temp limit vaping, but I do find it fascinating to watch our progression.

Hey Brandon, this one's fer you, honey. :toast:

darwin kat.jpg

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Well, if you like the tight draw of a carto, you'd probably love the Achilles too, and since you know how to build coils... no biggie. I find it just a smidge easier than a Kayfun to build; just a bit more space, and the mounting screws are just a bit larger; it seems much easier to get the wire around them, and I confirmed that recently when I got one of my Kayfuns setup; the Achilles really is easier; the Kayfun seemed cramped, after using just the Achilles for some months.

And it never, ever leaks -- supposedly that's true of Kayfuns too, but I saw a few leaks occasionally with a couple of mine -- never from the Achilles.

Andria
Interesting RDA that Achilles. I can see why it's very much leak resistant if not leakproof. How would you describe the draw on it? Tighter than a Kayfun? Tighter than a GS-Air M series?

Original or clone? Where did you get it?

Even though it's much bigger than I prefer, I've recently been thinking that I should at least try a Kayfun, as it seems to have become the standard against which flavor is judged. However, I'm afraid the draw on it may be too tight for my liking. If this thing is looser....

EDIT: Nvmd. I saw a pic on ebay, and I think the draw would be way too tight for me.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Needless to say (ha ha) I adore the Brandonator. He, to me, is a man of vision and definite courage. Please don't shoot the messenger, sweetie. At this point, none of us know what Provape has up their sleeve and whether or not they are working on improvements or new tech in this arena.

And for me, it's really just for interest in watching where vape goes. Right now I have little to zero interest in temp limit vaping, but I do find it fascinating to watch our progression.

Hey Brandon, this one's fer you, honey. :toast:

I'll hold my fire. :)

The Darwin??? Teehee! Is it still working?

Kat, honey, this one's for you--just because...

Brandon-300x223.jpg

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I'll hold my fire. :)

The Darwin??? Teehee! Is it still working?

Kat, honey, this one's for you--just because...

Brandon-300x223.jpg

Whew! I'll stop ducking now.

YES, it's still working! And it's one of my old loves. Much like a soft ole shoe. No, Salvation Army, you CAN'T have it.

By the way, I rarely vape over 10ish watts, so it's FULLY FUNCTIONAL (thank you, Mr. Data).

Oh love the B. pic! <insert silly kissy noises here>

Nobox?

This thing ain't itty bitty, love!
proxy.php

If I keep sitting at this computer, I ain't gonna be either. :facepalm:

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hi Amanda--we talked about it briefly here and there. This mod comes with an integrated atomizer, like the eGrip, which may or may not be a good thing--depending on your preference. I like my own toppers so for me any mod that doesn't allow me to use them is a non-starter, at least on paper.

Widish :- )

Reactions: Katya

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread