Status
Not open for further replies.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Maybe your taste buds woke up and you started noticing the bad taste? In my experience, a cartomizer is only capable of vaporizing 6-10 ml of ejuice before the flavor and vapor production begin to diminish. Perhaps a bit more if you vape clean, clear juices, maybe a bit less if your juices are dark and sweet or NETs. Tanked cartos last longer because they are constantly kept fully saturated. But you can't expect miracles--cartomizers are by their very nature very disposable.

How many milliliters was that? I have never been able to enjoy a cartomizer for 3 weeks (2-3 ml a day or so?)--no matter what kind of juice I used.

Your GS Air tanks come with dual-coil atties, so right there your juice consumption almost doubles (depending on your wattage, also). A GS Air tank is like vaping two single coil cartomizers at once. :D
I know this thread is really supposed to be about Itty Bitty Mods...but wanted to comment real quick: My juice is very clear and I use mostly PG, so maybe that is why the cartos lasted well for me. I only vape one flavor, and always have (I used carto tanks for nearly 4 years, interspersed with my experiments with other gear). The flavor did mute a little after a week or so, but would still taste good and the vapor continued to be satisfying. Perhaps that was because I DIY a very strong tasting menthol.

Don't know why some cartos lasted 3 weeks. But they did. I used 45mm cartos. Averaged around 6 to 8 ml. a day. My husband still uses the carto tanks with a more colored juice (double mint) also high PG, and he sometimes gets 3 weeks. Most usually around 10 days to 2 weeks, though. He is a medium vaper though. Not as heavy vaping as I am.

The dual coil thing makes sense, and thank you for reminding me! Makes me feel a bit better that I'm not going completely nuts going through so much juice!

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
And the man of the East and I do apologize for being somewhat influential in that vape lifestyle change, 4th. I do hope that eventually the "newer" style of vaping begins to be your friend.

You may not know this, but I went KICKING AND SCREAMING to my first Nautilus tank. I made fun of it. I laughed at it. I filled it (straight from the box/no cleaning) and thought it was meh. I did not want to give up my karto tanks. Not at all.

Then, it began to change. I gave them a chance and started preferring them. Now my kartos glare at me and do not understand my silence towards them.

I glare back. They're taking up a ton of valuable vape real estate.
Oh Kat! Don't apologize! You saved my (vaping) life! You and the Man from the East! If you hadn't taken the time, effort, and generosity to get me set up with iSticks and some tanks to try I was looking at having to give up vaping! And what would that mean? It isn't a happy thought. Going back to smoking was a grim prospect. I am in no way ready to let go my "habit". I might have whittled the nicotine down to nearly nothing, but the habit still has a vice grip on me! So I owe you!! And DPL. And always will!!! I'm happy enough...I like the vape. Just unhappy about the increased juice consumption. And perhaps a little miffed at the fiddle factor with tanks. But not enough to give up!!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Interesting RDA that Achilles. I can see why it's very much leak resistant if not leakproof. How would you describe the draw on it? Tighter than a Kayfun? Tighter than a GS-Air M series?

Original or clone? Where did you get it?

Even though it's much bigger than I prefer, I've recently been thinking that I should at least try a Kayfun, as it seems to have become the standard against which flavor is judged. However, I'm afraid the draw on it may be too tight for my liking. If this thing is looser....

EDIT: Nvmd. I saw a pic on ebay, and I think the draw would be way too tight for me.

Yes, the draw is very comparable to a carto/cartotank -- which is why I love it so much, aside from all the other great things; when I take a hit, it actually resists the pull a little -- just the way a cigarette did. And since I'm vaping in order to knock off a 39-yr smoking habit, that makes it perfect.

It's a clone; they aren't making the authentics anymore for whatever goofy reason. I got it from Frog in Fog in Hong Kong; $18.95, $6-ish shipping, took about 2 wks.

DarlingKat -- that Nebox you posted... HATE that driptip! I don't mind if the inner edge, going into the hole, is flat/perpendicular, but I hate an edge on the outer edge that lips encounter -- without rounding, it's just not comfortable.

Andria

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Do you fire with your thumb and is it comfortable to hold even though neither side is curved?

I'm ambipushbuttonrous; I use both my thumb and index finger (but not at the same time). The button is very nice. The hand feel ( :ohmy: ) is fine, although I still prefer curves. I've gotten used to the hand feel ( :ohmy: ) even while switching back and forth with the D2, Subbox, and iStick 40TC, all of which have better hand feel ( :ohmy: ).

Jumpin'...I agree with VT...I pick up my VTC Mini with either hand (depending on where I'm sitting). And...depending on how I pick it up...since the button is so large...use either my index finger (tip or either joint) or my thumb (tip or joint).

I can feel the difference between the VTC Mini's "boxy" sides and my mods with curved sides...but it's not uncomfortable and when I'm vaping with it I don't even think about it.

There are spring loaded Kbox minis now available at gearbest and 3Fvape

WOW!!!

Now all Kanger has to do is add TC (and keep the price unchanged)...and they could become competitive with all the similarly sized and similarly priced TC mods currently available!

What's the opinion on the Cloupor Mini +?

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/cloupor-mini-plus-50w-tc.696775/page-2

I'm happy enough...I like the vape. Just unhappy about the increased juice consumption.

Me personally...I kinda' gave up thinking about "juice consumption" after running across Derall's great tasting juice at $4.50/30ml.

http://www.derallecigs.com/category_s/2072.htm

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Me personally...I kinda' gave up thinking about "juice consumption" after running across Derall's great tasting juice at $4.50/30ml.

http://www.derallecigs.com/category_s/2072.htm

Not a bad price! 30ml. would last me about 2 and a half days, however. At $4.50 that is going to add up alarmingly, I'm afraid! ;) But...yes, that isn't a bad price at all. Something that I'm very grateful for is having learned DIY and have been making my own juice for the past 3 years. It really helps with the cost factor....but still it adds up. And, really, one of my biggest gripes is having to make it more often. I like the savings I get with DIY. Making the stuff...not so much. It's not hard or anything. Just kind of annoying.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
It's not as big as I thought. Mr. Busardo has a picture of it on his site, it still seems to fit in the palm of his hands. http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordp...e-queue-kanger-nebox/#PhotoSwipe1444386246877

Did you notice the size of his hands?
wink.gif
:lol:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Up the nic and lower the vaping?

I'm perfectly happy with my 18, and, while I change flavors throughout the day so it's hard to be certain, probably vape about 3 - 5 mls daily, tootling happily along.

Nic, without the combustion products from burning plant matter, is about as harmful as caffeine, and is being shown to have more and more actual benefits...

:2c:

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Up the nic and lower the vaping?

I'm perfectly happy with my 18, and, while I change flavors throughout the day so it's hard to be certain, probably vape about 3 - 5 mls daily, tootling happily along.

Nic, without the combustion products from burning plant matter, is about as harmful as caffeine, and is being shown to have more and more actual benefits...

:2c:
I'm thinking about easing the nic back up. Currently I'm at about 2.2mg but am thinking if I went back up to 3.5mg. or even 4mg. I'd still not be risking too much with the physical addiction thing. My big problem is nervous habit. Like biting nails. Or snacking all the time. I vape. Used to be I smoked (3 packs a day at my worst). Going up a bit with the nic might slow down my consumption some. I can give it a try and see, right?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'm thinking about easing the nic back up. Currently I'm at about 2.2mg but am thinking if I went back up to 3.5mg. or even 4mg. I'd still not be risking too much with the physical addiction thing. My big problem is nervous habit. Like biting nails. Or snacking all the time. I vape. Used to be I smoked (3 packs a day at my worst). Going up a bit with the nic might slow down my consumption some. I can give it a try and see, right?

You could also try to dilute your expensive juices with PG/VG (with or without nic) if you don't mind a slight loss of flavor. I do it all the time, not to save money but because most flavors just annoy me after a while...:D I even vape unflavored on occasion.

Reactions: Oregon Linda

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

As I recall, you DIY your juice, so yeah, why not?

There are some studies that indicate that nic isn't the primary addictive part of smoking tobacco. Other alkaloids, additives, and, as we all know - the process! - are.

For myself, even at my regular 18, there have been many times that I've gone hours without vaping (hospitals, etc...), other than one or two stealthed draws. Knowing how little is actually absorbed per draw vs. smoking, not near enough to "satisfy" any nic urge, but enough to pacify - i.e. the process.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
As I recall, you DIY your juice, so yeah, why not?

There are some studies that indicate that nic isn't the primary addictive part of smoking tobacco. Other alkaloids, additives, and, as we all know - the process! - are.

For myself, even at my regular 18, there have been many times that I've gone hours without vaping (hospitals, etc...), other than one or two stealthed draws. Knowing how little is actually absorbed per draw vs. smoking, not near enough to "satisfy" any nic urge, but enough to pacify - i.e. the process.

For me, I think the process is actually the most addictive part. Last week I had several days in a row I couldn't get much sleep. I figured I was getting too much nic, because that's usually the warning sign for me. So I made up some of my DIY with 0 nic and vaped it for 10 hours the next day. No cravings at all. I just needed that hand to mouth motion and to be puffing on something. It really shocked me, because it never would have happened while I was smoking.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I still (firmly) believe our bodies talk to us and let us know in no uncertain terms what we need (nic wise).

When I've lowered my nic, even just 6mg, I found I vaped more and more and more, and that's without paying attention to what was in the tank.
So, it's not a conscious effort, but more just listening to the body.

I also don't believe that the nic is harmful to me, so I proceed enjoying it, at higher levels than most report.

:vapor:

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
I still (firmly) believe our bodies talk to us and let us know in no uncertain terms what we need (nic wise).

When I've lowered my nic, even just 6mg, I found I vaped more and more and more, and that's without paying attention to what was in the tank.
So, it's not a conscious effort, but more just listening to the body.

I also don't believe that the nic is harmful to me, so I proceed enjoying it, at higher levels than most report.

:vapor:

I wish I could, Kat! But when I get too much nic, I can toss and turn all night without getting any sleep. So for me, it's just better to drop the nic lower. This seems to happen to me every time I change what I'm vaping. Back in my t3s days, I could vape 12mg or even more with no problem. When I switched to GS Airs, I had to drop to 6, then later to 3. Now I'm vaping several RTAs and seem to be getting even more nic with them. So I really think the tank has a lot to do with the efficiency of the nic delivery.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Sounds more like caffeine, although I've never had that problem with either.
Idon'thaveanyproblemswithcaffeineeventhoughIdrinkaboutfourquartsofcoffeeperday.Itjustneveraffectsmethewayitaffectssomeotherpeople.Ican'timaginelifewithoutmycoffee.MydictorsaysIshouldcutbackbutIdon'tunderstandwhy...infact,Ididcutbackandnowdrinkfewercups,butthecupsarelarger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread