Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Lol. The pin is one of the best sealed pins I've seen - as discussed way back it is 'spongy' rather than rigid but definitely not spring load in the true Kangers. On the Gearbest site - in the Q&A someone asks 'is this the new one with the spring loaded 510' and the answer is yes. Kanger, as I've understood from a few sources considered it but had some problems with the kbox regular mod. One comment (quick search) gives what problems they had with it:

"Be very careful to not over tighten the 510. The rubber O-Ring will break and the spring loaded pin will push its O-Ring back into the box."

So with the Kbox mini they went with a good sealed pin fixed. There was some discussion on the Kangertech facebook page from the poster 'Kanger techguy' or something indicating that he works there.

Thanks, Kent.

And Kat (since I see you haven't left quite yet), please take notice. ;)

Reactions: Katdarling

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Welp, Kent (and DPL), I'm seeing something different. From what I'm reading on the site, it's a fixed pin.

"Question::
Will this unit come equipped with a sping-loaded pin or a fixed pin? Also, has Kanger upgraded the chip to calculate voltage via RMS or does is still use Mean?

Reply:
Hi Rick,
It is recessed 510 threading connection with solid center pin."

Am I misunderstanding?

And right now, this may or may not be something I'm getting in 10 to 25 days, cuz ya know that DPLongo.... he's a BIG tease! :D

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Welp, Kent (and DPL), I'm seeing something different. From what I'm reading on the site, it's a fixed pin.

Will this unit come equipped with a sping-loaded pin or a fixed pin? Also, has Kanger upgraded the chip to calculate voltage via RMS or does is still use Mean?

Reply:
Hi Rick,

Am I misunderstanding?

And right now, this may or may not be something I'm getting in 10 to 25 days, cuz ya know that DPLongo.... he's a BIG tease! :D

Whoopsie!

Right. Then there's THAT. :blink:

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
Does anyone have any experience with this mod?

Koopor Mini 60W TC - SMOK, Koopor - Electronic Mods

koopor-mini-black-1_1.jpg

I found it for a great price tomorrow, and thinking of pulling the trigger.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

Reply:
Hi Rick,

Am I misunderstanding?

Ran into this before... :- )

On the link that was given above..

Kanger Kbox Mini 50W Variable Wattage Box Mod VV VW Mod

kbox mini (just the batt box) in the Q&A it says

"
Question::
This is upgraded version with new spring loaded 510 pin? Or its old version with a fixed 510 pin?

Reply:
Hi,Artur!
This item is the latest version with new spring loaded 510 pin.
Thanks for your inquiry.

On the kit (although I haven't looked recently) the same question was asked and answered as in your post. So I'm guessing the kit is fixed and the solo kbox mini is spring loaded. Whether the kit is Kanger and the kbox mini is a clone - not sure other than what both Wayne and Phil has said - directly from Kanger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread