Hello there, Pepper!

Reactions: Sgt. Pepper

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
YES! I love Innokin batteries. They are beautifully made and dependable. I still have two MVP2s that just won't die one me...

Funny how one company makes such great mods but can't make a decent tank. ;)
The new iSub V is quite nice...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
And how do we like the Pioneer4You IPV D3 Temperature Control ?
Just saw them on sale--any good?

These are very good mods and very comfortable in the hand. I have 1 and a blue one on the way. It was blue...had to have it. :facepalm: I love this mod. Also the D3 has buck & boost where the D2 doesn't. I have 2 of those.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Thank you so much! Decisions, decisions...

I see that the buck boost issue was already mentioned. Another consideration is TC. The D3 (and D2) only handle Ti and Ni200. No SS, no TCR. Finally, no micro USB for charging or firmware. Instead, it's a 9 volt barrel charger and it does not come with charger... just a cable. Might not be an issue if you have an external charger...

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
@pufZeppelin, just won a 2nd tank from HG. I've ordered from them before (@Katdarling :sneaky: ). (won a Youde Simba and now a Griffin 25!!!)

I chose DHL shipping (requires signature) but I think they're excellent!

Their clearance rack was sweet.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
AVAIL | Sale
on sale
classic - $59
stout - $44
lite - $39

well thanx for this...

last time it was posted, Avail (was that you ?)
sure, nice price but not in stock :-x

but this time they were, so I bought a couple...

:banana:

now if I could find some desent 26650's... :rolleyes:

Frocket

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2013
north Carolina

I have the IPV D3 (blue), and it's an awesome little mod. My Goblin Mini lives on it for a pocketable "stealth" setup. I had a couple IPV D2's as well, but lost one. The other got beat all to hell and eventually stopped working. Can't really blame the mod, I have no idea how many times it went flying while driving like an idiot in my HMMWV.

Waiting to see how the IPV 6 is gonna work out. I love the form factor of single 18650 mods, but for a lot of my tanks @ 60w, it's just not enough battery. The IPV 4 is a bit too large for my liking, and the IPV 5 doesn't look too small either.

BOOM!

Reactions: Katya

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
yepper, the Presa surprised me also - love the ANY GRASP works...

but this is what seems to be in my hand most, as of late...

it is same size as presa 75

With the sale prices being posted here...figure I gotta' consider this VF Lite thingy...

pufZ...since the Presa 75 has the "Any Grasp" Fire Bar...vs. the rather mundane Fire Button of the VF Lite...

and...since they're the "same size"...

what, exactly, has elevated the VF to the head of your "Top Picker-Uppers List"???

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I have the IPV D3 (blue), and it's an awesome little mod. My Goblin Mini lives on it for a pocketable "stealth" setup. I had a couple IPV D2's as well, but lost one. The other got beat all to hell and eventually stopped working. Can't really blame the mod, I have no idea how many times it went flying while driving like an idiot in my HMMWV.

Waiting to see how the IPV 6 is gonna work out. I love the form factor of single 18650 mods, but for a lot of my tanks @ 60w, it's just not enough battery. The IPV 4 is a bit too large for my liking, and the IPV 5 doesn't look too small either.

BOOM!
The iPV5 is big, yup. It's also one of the most conlmfy mods I've ever held on to...

Reactions: Katya

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Who makes the best kabuki clone? I know opinions may vary just like mileage...
The only one I know is sold by Angelcigs, I've not seen another on the market yet. But that doesn't mean they aren't out there.

Not to argue with the ones that have had good luck with them, I've got a buddy that's have four of the Pioneer 4 you products and he tells me he'll never buy another product from them. Says they all trash out pretty quickly and is very disappointed with them?

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
The only one I know is sold by Angelcigs, I've not seen another on the market yet. But that doesn't mean they aren't out there.

Not to argue with the ones that have had good luck with them, I've got a buddy that's have four of the Pioneer 4 you products and he tells me he'll never buy another product from them. Says they all trash out pretty quickly and is very disappointed with them?

I have to agree, I have had two Pioneer 4 You products and won't buy another.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
With the sale prices being posted here...figure I gotta' consider this VF Lite thingy...
pufZ...since the Presa 75 has the "Any Grasp" Fire Bar...vs. the rather mundane Fire Button of the VF Lite...
and...since they're the "same size"...

what, exactly, has elevated the VF to the head of your "Top Picker-Uppers List"???

@gerrymi, I'll tell ya what - it's simply the QUALITY /the feel/look/operation JUST STUNNING IN MY EYES
simple & elegant, does everything right (Only fault is ½ the display is tiny)

and unlike the Pico (which is pretty cool) it just fits PERFECT in my hands
the Pico is NEVER where I want it, I always have to fumble around with it...

then BECAUSE of the Presa being of sound mind (feel, performance) it is what I based my $$$ on,
and ordered several of the VF devices... (money where my mouth is) :D

and I base this on a device that will compete with my all time favorite TC60w
which I consider the perfect mod (symmetrically, price, function)

I've been "eye-ballin" the new VF line since it was first released
but the price-to-device ratio was way off (prothingy in same category)
WELL (to make a long story longer) they both dropped their prices and I now own each
so it is all about "What I think the value is"

and funny enuff, I never think of the smallish fire button, my finger just always lands on it...

oh and just between me and you, couldn't help myself and bought a Presa 100w :shock:

it's all Wismec, all the time
•VF Lite
•VF Stout
•Presa 100
•Venti
somebody stop me - can I get a hallelujah

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I have to agree, I have had two Pioneer 4 You products and won't buy another.
That just shows to go you how much opinions can vary. The ipv D2 with its lack of step down and buck was terrible. The ipv4 with its leaky barrel charge port was terrible. The ipv D3 and the ipv5 are both pretty good.

Meanwhile, I think Aspire products (outside of some of their tanks) are just god-awful! After the debacle that was the Pegasus V1 and Triton V1, I'll never buy another Aspire mod. I might never buy another Aspire tank. Yet other people love them!

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
That just shows to go you how much opinions can vary. The ipv D2 with its lack of step down and buck was terrible. The ipv4 with its leaky barrel charge port was terrible. The ipv D3 and the ipv5 are both pretty good.

Meanwhile, I think Aspire products (outside of some of their tanks) are just god-awful! After the debacle that was the Pegasus V1 and Triton V1, I'll never buy another Aspire mod. I might never buy another Aspire tank. Yet other people love them!

Yeah, I took it with a grain of salt as well, I've got another buddy that thinks all Kanger mods are a waste of a battery and the vape shop he works for wont sell Eleaf products because of all the problems with them, so............

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
It's all about what one owns and has either had problems with, or not.
I have the Aspire Pegasus (won it) and although I don't use it often, haven't had any problems with it.
Keep in mind that I don't use TC on any of my mods, strictly kanthal.

I have the Aspire Triton 2 tank and don't like it very much, although I like it much better than both the Lemo or Lemo2 tanks that I bought and hated them so much that I gave them away.
I also had an Istick that broke within one month of buying it.
So Eleaf is not one of my favorite brands.

I have had very good performance from all of my Innokin stuff, so they rate high with me.

It's kinda like Ford/Chevy, some people love one and hate the other.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread