51-VK5e-QyL._SL1000_.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I don't want to be a fly in the ointment, but I'll openly voice concern for the cuts. I'd love to know if anyone used the ones on Amazon, because we've seen some horrendously cut wraps before.

I've actually taken to using just one vendor, even though I really like another too (personally speaking). This is because "said vendor" is the only one that I seem to get perfect cuts from, each and every time. Failures, none.

I don't like badly cut wraps, and the Rolo is full of potential "issues". :unsure:

Do we know anyone who has actually installed a couple?

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
I don't want to be a fly in the ointment, but I'll openly voice concern for the cuts. I'd love to know if anyone used the ones on Amazon, because we've seen some horrendously cut wraps before.

I've actually taken to using just one vendor, even though I really like another too (personally speaking). This is because "said vendor" is the only one that I seem to get perfect cuts from, each and every time. Failures, none.

I don't like badly cut wraps, and the Rolo is full of potential "issues". :unsure:

Good questions! I'm so bad with wraps that I'm not sure the quality of the cuts would matter (I'll miss or over shoot one area), but it is equally as frustrating when you do everything right and it is the wrap that isn't working.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Good questions! I'm so bad with wraps that I'm not sure the quality of the cuts would matter (I'll miss or over shoot one area), but it is equally as frustrating when you do everything right and it is the wrap that isn't working.

Yeah - there are some mods that are very tough to wrap, even with perfect cuts. Great looking mods, but man, they don't make it easy on us. ;)

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii

It also strikes me that many of them may only look great on a black-on-black RX75.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.

Hey DPL...may I inquire:

"using just one vendor"...who???

"I really like another too"...who???

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Hey DPL...may I inquire:

"using just one vendor"...who???

"I really like another too"...who???

Hi Gerry.

I like VaporSkinz (expensive) and JWraps (semi-expensive). I've had better luck with their stuff than some of the Ebay sellers, and am too impatient to want to save $2-4 for an uncertain product (in MY experience).

Both do great work, and are fantastic people. I've got a JWraps stand that one might get shot for if they tried to steal it. Alon and his team are off-the-charts friendly, and always helpful, even with special orders.

That being said, I've yet to receive anything that was less than an absolutely perfect cut from Miguel at VaporSkinz. In fact, one of my orders had omitted a skin by accident. Within a day he shipped out a new one, but actually sent TWO (not just one) for my troubles. Tough to complain about customer service like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread