Not open for further replies.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
The Cloupor does have reverse battery protection. The mini has my vote. I have 3 of them !! Here is Cloupor's info page.
Check out number 11 on features.
Cloupor Mini 30W VV/VW Mode Box Mod for Sale
OMG, that looks so tiny. However, my istick is smaller yet looks bigger in my hand than that looks in his hand. He must have some big hands!

Thanks for the link. Everything I could ever want to know about the Cloupor Mini (besides the actual real person reviews, of course).

I have both of these mods. I would recommend the Cloupor. The Sig is a nice device but I had a really hard time getting any of my Kayfuns to fit. They were all too tight. I had the same recommendation for the cooling fan and did have one in my FT cart but I got a few new kayfun bases that fit the Sig nicely. The threads in the Sig are way too soft. I believe they will give me issues down the road. I have had the Cloupor for about 3 months and I can't find a thing wrong with it.
Thank you all for your reviews. It seems the Cloupor is definitely the way to go. And, it's so cheap right now!

I was looking for my brother. But, I like! I guess I'll be getting one too.

Thank you all so much for your help.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
What's the advantage of having a 50 watt mod if I already have a 30 watter and usually vape at 11 or 12 watts because I don't want to waste ejuice? (and I'm happy with the amount of vaper I'm getting)

Like it's always said in the computer world "You can never be too young, handsome or have enough vaping power"

Kivrin

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2015

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
hi everybody! hi Kat ! I found my way back after the wardrobe change. And I have two new itty bittys to play with.

First to arrive is the SmokJoy Ivapor50w, right at 88mm, 1.75" screen with a dashboard display like the SMY60w. Can be set for auto or manual. Magnetic back, single 18650. I think it's 16amp? The buttons on the one I received are actual buttons instead of the rocker switch seen on the prototype. Featherweight compared to the heft of the MVP2. It has all the bells and whistles, and of course is way over-powered for a tootle puffer like me. I've always liked Smokjoy, tho, and I just had to satisfy my curiosity as to how this differs from the Simeiyue60, so I'll be playing with it a bit this week. It's rated at 0.3-9.9ohm (!) and 7-50w.

no vendor link for you yet, but stats/photo are here: http://www.smokjoy.com/product/62268192.html

Second is for the vacopolypse stash box - "USB Powered Stick" (snatched off ebay). It's a $17 plus cheap shipping, Jantystick clone, looks to be a 1:1 Comes with two 10440 batts marked "joye" (320mah - the original JS are 360mah), 5-801 carts, one unbranded 801 attny, EU to American wall wart adapter, a usb cord for onboard charging/passthru function (haven't tested the passthru yet) and the stick with a raised visible button without logo in a gift box. White or black. About 68mm, or 6 or 7 mm shorter than the original, and so about the size of a fat bic lighter. Vapes the same as the original. imo, worth picking up if you had an original and now miss it. My original JS is well over 5 years old and looks like it will probably outlive availability of 801 attnys.

That's all for now :)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Even with my newer iSticks, Defender and Athena Smart-30, my 2 MVP2s are still going strong and in the rotation.

This is my problem with them--I need more mods with a 510 native connection, but my two MVPs (and my VV V3) just won't die... No matter what I do.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
The Cool Fire 4 (what happened to the CF 3?) looks very interesting. I'm waiting to see details, including $price$.
Read somewhere that 4 is an unlucky number in China??? But I read it on the Internet so it must be true LOL

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
hi everybody! hi Kat ! I found my way back after the wardrobe change. And I have two new itty bittys to play with.

First to arrive is the SmokJoy Ivapor50w, right at 88mm, 1.75" screen with a dashboard display like the SMY60w. Can be set for auto or manual. Magnetic back, single 18650. I think it's 16amp? The buttons on the one I received are actual buttons instead of the rocker switch seen on the prototype. Featherweight compared to the heft of the MVP2. It has all the bells and whistles, and of course is way over-powered for a tootle puffer like me. I've always liked Smokjoy, tho, and I just had to satisfy my curiosity as to how this differs from the Simeiyue60, so I'll be playing with it a bit this week. It's rated at 0.3-9.9ohm (!) and 7-50w.

no vendor link for you yet, but stats/photo are here: http://www.smokjoy.com/product/62268192.html

Second is for the vacopolypse stash box - "USB Powered Stick" (snatched off ebay). It's a $17 plus cheap shipping, Jantystick clone, looks to be a 1:1 Comes with two 10440 batts marked "joye" (320mah - the original JS are 360mah), 5-801 carts, one unbranded 801 attny, EU to American wall wart adapter, a usb cord for onboard charging/passthru function (haven't tested the passthru yet) and the stick with a raised visible button without logo in a gift box. White or black. About 68mm, or 6 or 7 mm shorter than the original, and so about the size of a fat bic lighter. Vapes the same as the original. imo, worth picking up if you had an original and now miss it. My original JS is well over 5 years old and looks like it will probably outlive availability of 801 attnys.

That's all for now :)

Hiya TTRP! That SmokJoy looks very interesting. I actually love the rocker switch on it. Too bad it was prototypical only.
You don't need to give me the stats on this (or any other new device) anymore. I've turned The Sheet over to public domain. Feel free to add in the info that you have, and add more when you get more. :)

Do you have a link for the Ebay Janty stick clone?

MVP fan here.

I want the Cool Fire 4. :D

I really like the look of that one too. It seems our vape cosmetic style has definitely gone the route of the C shapes and Zen shapes. I've also been a great fan of Innokin (not so much the MVP as I found it too brick-like) and my V3s are still in play, too. They are consistent and yeppers, they just don't seem to die!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I've also been a great fan of Innokin (not so much the MVP as I found it too brick-like) and my V3s are still in play, too. They are consistent and yeppers, they just don't seem to die!

Tehee... I actually like the heft of my MVPs--they feel so solid in my hand. The MVP 3 is too big though. The V3 is too flimsy for me. And the 800 mAh... forget it. :lol:

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
my V3s are still in play, too. They are consistent and yeppers, they just don't seem to die!

My VV V3's are slowing dying. Thought of trying the VV V4...but it appears that it has a fixed (not floating, not even "just" adjustable) 510 connection pin.

Is this correct???

Reactions: Oregon Linda

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I own a gaggle of iSticks---five iStick 20Ws, two iStick 30Ws, and one iStick 50W. While I’ve encountered the usual problems with them---bad fixed 510 pins on the 20W, occasional misfires, etc.---they’re all still in service and working fine. While iSticks are no longer my preferred mods, they represented a significant turning point. For me (and, I presume, for many of us), the appearance in the marketplace of the iStick 20W in autumn 2014 kicked off what became a frenzy of higher-wattage regulated boxes, followed by the subsequent tsunami of sub-ohm tanks.

Sure, cloud chasers had already been vaping for quite awhile at 50-100 watts using RDAs/RTAs on mech mods and regulated boxes, but back in early 2014 that kind of vaping was pursued largely by a distinct subset of vaping enthusiasts. The rest of the vaping world, which I’ll divide for purposes of this post into two camps---new vapers and more experienced vapers---remained skeptical of high-wattage vaping on sub-ohm builds. New vapers had their Blu stick ecigs and eGo batts with CE4 clearos. More experienced vapers, including much of the membership of ECF and other internet vaping forums, had their 15-watt mods (VAMOs, ZMaxes, iTaste MVPs, and other moderately-powered VV/VW tubes and boxes) and were happy with the then-current generation of tanks---Aspire Nautilus, Kanger Protanks, etc.---using replaceable heads with coils that ranged from 1-2 ohms.

After eight months of the exploding hardware marketplace, during which many of us were seduced toward higher power and lower resistances, some experienced vapers have returned to their former vaping style. Why? Well, for one thing, high-wattage/sub-ohm vaping virtually requires direct-lung inhaling, and that’s not comfortable for everyone. Some of the so-called “tootie-puffer” mouth-to-lung vapers have found that they don’t need or even want increased wattage in their vaping. They’re very happy with an eLeaf GS Air tank at 10-15 watts.

For others of us, however, higher-wattage/sub-ohm vaping has proven to be an unexpected revelation, almost a revolution in our vaping. An eGo Twist/Vision Spinner topped with a 1.5 ohm clearo was (and still is) a decent vaping setup, but vaping ultra-low nic juices at 25-50 (or even higher) watts on a sub-ohm tank---such as an Aspire Atlantis, Kanger Subtank, Joyetech Delta II, or any of the newer tanks and RTAs (Arctic, Starre/Maganus, SilverPlay, Goblin/Goliath, etc.) is a qualitatively different experience. It’s not necessarily “better,” but it’s definitely more intense. Over time, I’m finding that intensity to be preferable.

I’ve been rebuilding my own coils and heads for almost two years, and I switched over long ago on my bottom-feeder REOs and Phids to small-chamber RDAs with lower ohm builds (0.8-1.2 ohms). The big change for me came more recently with the gradual introduction of direct-lung inhaling. I still do mouth-to lung about half the time, as that works very well for me with much of my existing hardware. For instance, even with my Taifun GT-T V2 RTAs built with 0.7 ohm rayon-wicked single coils vaped at 25 watts, I usually inhale mouth-to-lung, and it’s completely enjoyable, with deep flavor and thick mouth-feel. Basically, I still have to be careful about direct-lung inhaling, since my lungs can’t always handle it (40 years of smoking…). The main challenge for me is not to inhale too deeply or too long, to take in some air along with the vapor, and to keep the nic content as low as possible. I'm still not a cloud-chaser, but I do appreciate the copious vapor that I get.

Luckily, I’ve been DIYing my own juices for a long time, so reducing the nic content of my juices from 12-18mg down to 3-6mg (and even some zero-nic mixes) is easier and much less expensive than if I vaped retail juices.

At this point, in my fifth year of vaping, I’m well into in the process of replacing my sizable inventory of old hardware and juices in favor of higher-wattage regulated boxes, sub-ohm tanks/RTAs, and ultra-low nic juices.

I’m really not sure where all this is headed, but so far I like it.

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
Gee, it wasn't my intention to kill the thread. LOL.

It appears that I spoke too soon, however, when I wrote that all my iSticks were still hale and hearty. Yesterday I reached for one of my five iStick 20Ws, this one topped with an Erlkonigin, and it seemed to be dead. Wouldn't fire. No display. Wouldn't turn on. Turned out that the battery was 100% drained, which was clearly a malfunction, since the last time I vaped it was for only about five minutes after a charge. So, I charged it up again, which took about two hours from totally empty. I then turned off the iStick, just in case.

This morning I picked it up and turned it on to discover that the battery was half-full. 50% of the charge had drained overnight, even with the unit turned off.

My first reaction is to assume that whatever went wonky in the chip or the battery amounts to a fatal error, since I won't put up with having to charge the iStick every day, whether or not I use it. That's way too much hassle for a $22 mod. I'll try re-charging it another time or two to see if the malfunction goes away, but that particular 20-watter may have to go to the big iStick heaven in the sky. Kind of a shame, since the 510 threading and pin were still pristine on that one.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
My first reaction is to assume that whatever went wonky in the chip or the battery amounts to a fatal error, since I won't put up with having to charge the iStick every day, whether or not I use it. That's way too much hassle for a $22 mod. I'll try re-charging it another time or two to see if the malfunction goes away, but that particular 20-watter may have to go to the big iStick heaven in the sky. Kind of a shame, since the 510 threading and pin were still pristine on that one.

Sorry to hear that, Bill... but if it's really a goner, maybe take it apart (with pics!) for a show and tell. :rolleyes:

Bayou14

Feb 22, 2015
Bush, LA
Well, so far so good with the mini Cloupor. I really am enjoying it. I bought an Arctic sub tank and really do enjoy it. Still trying to find the sweet spot in terms of wattage, but I will keep playing around with it. The Cloupor has been very sturdy, I've dropped it a few times and haven't even damaged the finish. Buttons work fine, still have the rattle wit hthe battery compartment, but I'm going to try the tape suggestion I just read. That should work perfectly. I'm new to sub ohm vaping so I am still learning more and more about that. Overall this seems to be a nice mini, and I really do love the size. I doubt I'll switch from the mini box style, but I've said that about other styles in the past so we'll see. By the way, the display is very nice in that you can see the ohms, voltage and wattage on the screen simultaneously. A definite step up from my other mods. Thanks to all for the advice and look forward to reading more reviews of the mini Cloupor, I am still learning, so my experiences are limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread