Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Mine came in while the board was in it's down-time, so I've had it for about a week now.

While I haven't had the dropsies (yet, I'm sure I will!), it does seem to be very solid. Well made, and I'm not sure I'd call the battery door noise a rattle. With mine, it's more of a single click sometimes, depending on how I hold it. Not enough of an issue for me to bother with the tape trick - which should work.

Cloupor does recommend flat top 18650s (most of mine are, so not a problem), and the springs are so tight the button on button tops might snag and bend them on removal, so prospective owners should be aware of that. The strap under the battery makes removal pretty easy.

Without getting out the micrometer....
It's about 1/16" taller than the eleaf 20, about 1/4" wider, and maybe 1/8" thicker. But feels about 10 times stronger. Weighs more, but not heavy. Feels like it's built "for the ages" rather than for the life of the LiPo :lol:

Only glitch so far is on the battery charge indication, and likely only my specific unit. After some time of use, of course the little battery icon shows less and less "full." But after staying at about half for some time, it went directly to "low battery." I'd been expecting the icon to drop to, say 1/4 first, like a few of my other regulated mods do. Since my habit is, when leaving the house, to have at least two devices with fresh batteries and full toppers, not a big deal. Just something for me to remember :)

I do like the power lock feature, so you don't accidentally change settings. Don't like surprises :shock:

Not a big fan of sub-Ω, so haven't gone there, but at 10 watts and below, it's a champ - and even lower rated batteries run a long time. Change-out is quick and easy. I've not used the onboard charging, and probably won't. Too easy to swap, and faster charging on a dedicated charger. Step-down on the voltage seems to be spot on, although I don't have an inline meter to verify that.

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Mine came in while the board was in it's down-time, so I've had it for about a week now.

While I haven't had the dropsies (yet, I'm sure I will!), it does seem to be very solid. Well made, and I'm not sure I'd call the battery door noise a rattle. With mine, it's more of a single click sometimes, depending on how I hold it. Not enough of an issue for me to bother with the tape trick - which should work.

Cloupor does recommend flat top 18650s (most of mine are, so not a problem), and the springs are so tight the button on button tops might snag and bend them on removal, so prospective owners should be aware of that. The strap under the battery makes removal pretty easy.

Without getting out the micrometer....
It's about 1/16" taller than the Eleaf 20, about 1/4" wider, and maybe 1/8" thicker. But feels about 10 times stronger. Weighs more, but not heavy. Feels like it's built "for the ages" rather than for the life of the LiPo :lol:

Only glitch so far is on the battery charge indication, and likely only my specific unit. After some time of use, of course the little battery icon shows less and less "full." But after staying at about half for some time, it went directly to "low battery." I'd been expecting the icon to drop to, say 1/4 first, like a few of my other regulated mods do. Since my habit is, when leaving the house, to have at least two devices with fresh batteries and full toppers, not a big deal. Just something for me to remember :)

I do like the power lock feature, so you don't accidentally change settings. Don't like surprises :shock:

Not a big fan of sub-Ω, so haven't gone there, but at 10 watts and below, it's a champ - and even lower rated batteries run a long time. Change-out is quick and easy. I've not used the onboard charging, and probably won't. Too easy to swap, and faster charging on a dedicated charger. Step-down on the voltage seems to be spot on, although I don't have an inline meter to verify that.

The Cloupor Mini, since the manufacturing defect has been fixed, is a solid device. My biggest gripe is it's inability to buck below approximately 3.6V (the same as DNA 30 devices). Many enjoy vaping their SubTank-type devices in the 10-15W range and enjoy the experience. A 0.5Ω coil will fire at a minimum of around 25W, however. The 1.2Ω head will fire down to 10W. Your coil has to be @ 1.8Ω to get down to it's lowest rated output of 7W. This tends not to be an issue for rebuilders, as a typical 1.4Ω RTA build will allow you to vape from 9-30W. It is impossible to run the entire 7-30W range on one coil. The Mini is a solid device for even the tootle puffers, as long as we use the appropriate coils.

AH1968

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2014
Brownsburg,IN. USA
Well, after reading through this thread, and needing something to replace a broken Istick 30w, I went to the local vape store, and picked up the Heatvape Invader Mini 50w, and since this is my first external battery APV, it's taking some getting used to. Question, I've been using 2.5ohm coils in a PT2, running this device at 8w, it shows ohms too high, but anything above 10w (which still shows ohms too high) gives a burnt taste. The device continues to fire, but will it cause damage?

Reactions: Susaz

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
This from their site: Ohm Limit: 0.1-1.0 Ohm in TC Mode, 0.16-2.0 Ohm in normal Mode

Invader Mini - Heatvape

So that's why it's telling you ohms too high.

Haven't a clue on whether or not it will do any damage to the device or battery, but maybe get some 1.8Ω coils for your PT2? (Or rebuild them to that value, or get a true rebuildable?)

Reactions: aldenf

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Well, after reading through this thread, and needing something to replace a broken Istick 30w, I went to the local vape store, and picked up the Heatvape Invader Mini 50w, and since this is my first external battery APV, it's taking some getting used to. Question, I've been using 2.5ohm coils in a PT2, running this device at 8w, it shows ohms too high, but anything above 10w (which still shows ohms too high) gives a burnt taste. The device continues to fire, but will it cause damage?

Hi, AH1968. Welcome to the thread!

The Invader Mini is rated from 0.16-2.0Ω in normal mode. Not sure what's going on with your 2.5Ω head. Something is wrong. Perhaps that's why Heatvape only rates it up to 2.0Ω. Since the Invader Mini bucks down to 1V, I recommend trying a 1.8Ω Kanger coil. You should be much happier. I also recommend rebuilding the Kanger heads if you're interested/able. Rebuilding provides a far superior experience IMO.

Good luck!

ETA: The previous two posts loaded after I posted this... Oh, well. Good luck with your rebuild!

AH1968

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2014
Brownsburg,IN. USA
Aldenf, thanks, and rebuilding a kanger coil is precisely what I intend to do, however, I've run into another issue, for some reason, the device is telling me that 3 other tanks, with lower than 2 ohm coils, that the ohms are too low they have 1.8, 1.3, and 1.0, they read and work fine on my MVP2... I have an RBA at .9 that it sees and powers just fine. I'm getting very frustrated, and about ready to return it and get another Istick 30w..

Any suggestions?

Bayou14

Feb 22, 2015
Bush, LA

Much better description than the rattle that I stated. I'm trying the tape trick, it's just an OCD thing for me, as you stated it is minimal and it was really the only thing that I could find any fault with. I just don't like to give reviews with no negative reports, looks like your over compensating for buyer's remorse. I love mine.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Aldenf, thanks, and rebuilding a kanger coil is precisely what I intend to do, however, I've run into another issue, for some reason, the device is telling me that 3 other tanks, with lower than 2 ohm coils, that the ohms are too low they have 1.8, 1.3, and 1.0, they read and work fine on my MVP2... I have an RBA at .9 that it sees and powers just fine. I'm getting very frustrated, and about ready to return it and get another Istick 30w..

Any suggestions?

I've had 1.8Ω premade coils on a Genitank and Aerotank Emow and a RBA 1.0Ω coil on a Lemo without any problem. It "asks" if it's a new coil - press "up/+" which I always do but don't know if it 'self-corrects' if you don't :) So far it hasn't failed firing, but haven't used anything higher than 1.8. I vape it around 12.5W - as low as 9.5W (and as high as 25W but not for long :- )

One thing I've noticed is that the lag from PWM is evident - more than any other PWM device I've had - wondered if it was a bug..... Also the 'sleep' function is a bit odd, sometimes it's over a half hour and I think when the battery bar gets low, it' less - as low as 5 minutes. Otherwise I like all other features, feel, size, tough skin, etc.

Reactions: DavidOck

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I need a computer wizard, please, specifically for XenForo....

I'm attempting to post a link to The Sheet, but the entire spreadsheet is getting posted! :shock:
Copy and Paste in a new tab
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-z_V674p-5HYa9uzMqj1mq67da8-hnOOh2NNB2-ifgI/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Just remove the https:// in the link :D

AH1968

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2014
Brownsburg,IN. USA
I've had 1.8Ω premade coils on a Genitank and Aerotank Emow and a RBA 1.0Ω coil on a Lemo without any problem. It "asks" if it's a new coil - press "up/+" which I always do but don't know if it 'self-corrects' if you don't :) So far it hasn't failed firing, but haven't used anything higher than 1.8. I vape it around 12.5W - as low as 9.5W (and as high as 25W but not for long :- )

One thing I've noticed is that the lag from PWM is evident - more than any other PWM device I've had - wondered if it was a bug..... Also the 'sleep' function is a bit odd, sometimes it's over a half hour and I think when the battery bar gets low, it' less - as low as 5 minutes. Otherwise I like all other features, feel, size, tough skin, etc.

It doesn't always ask if it's a new coil, is there a way to prompt it to ask? If I can get this figured out, I'll be very happy with it in every other aspect

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2009
Southern California
Hiya TTRP! That SmokJoy looks very interesting. I actually love the rocker switch on it. Too bad it was prototypical only.
You don't need to give me the stats on this (or any other new device) anymore. I've turned The Sheet over to public domain. Feel free to add in the info that you have, and add more when you get more. :)

Do you have a link for the Ebay Janty stick clone?

here's the link for the Janty clone, Kat, and the ad is still active : Joyetech V3 Model Electronic Vaporizer Atomizer Unbranded | eBay

Reactions: Katdarling

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
It doesn't always ask if it's a new coil, is there a way to prompt it to ask? If I can get this figured out, I'll be very happy with it in every other aspect

I understand. I don't know a way to get it to ask. Try turning it off when installing a new topper, then turn it on while looking at the screen.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I getting 'tired' getting used to the new format, so yeah, that's my final answer :D

damnew : D light green smiley :grr:

You need a this! Instead of a this!

............................:D

............................;)

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-z_V674p-5HYa9uzMqj1mq67da8-hnOOh2NNB2-ifgI/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Marvey, Burnie. That worked, but it also eliminated the linkiness of it.

here's the link for the Janty clone, Kat, and the ad is still active : Joyetech V3 Model Electronic Vaporizer Atomizer Unbranded | eBay

How funny to see that being sold on Fleabay! A true blast from da past. Thank you, RedPill.

AH1968

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2014
Brownsburg,IN. USA
I understand. I don't know a way to get it to ask. Try turning it off when installing a new topper, then turn it on while looking at the screen.

Ok, swapped from the dripper, while it was on, and unlocked. It DID prompt for new coil, and TA DA!! It seems to be working great! So, my assumption is that when installing a new topper, it has to ask for the new coil in order to recognize it.
Thank you so much for your input, I was getting very frustrated.

Now I can see if I like this mod as much as I think I do lol

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I need a computer wizard, please, specifically for XenForo....

I'm attempting to post a link to The Sheet, but the entire spreadsheet is getting posted! :shock:

Or add a space after it, like https:// docs...

Which also takes out the "linkiness." The new software is apparently changing it to media and inserting the media, not the link... which, in many cases (utube, pics etc) is what your want. But on the bright side, if it actually links to the media, it should auto-magically update and show changes to the sheet.

Reactions: clnire
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread