loathing my protanks....what do yall use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amy_h_26

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
so hope this is ok to post here of all... but since making the switch I find myself in need of a good glass tank more than ever! just looooooove vv citrus flavors and as I said, more and more the protanks are driving me SERIOUSLY MAD. flooding, leaking, burning through attys suuuuuper fast.....aaaaaaah!!!!!! and all on pretty much a daily basis for me.
so, wondering whats been working for you guys? what do you love to compliment your VV juice?

kittypie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Charlotte NC
I think there are a couple of new glass tanks on the market to compete with the ProTank, and I'm sure you're not the only one looking for an alternative. This would be a good question to ask on the General E-Cig discussion forum, if you haven't already. You would probably get a lot more "hits" on your question and likely some knowledgeable replies. I'd be interested in the replies too, from a personal standpoint.

And yes, it's fine to ask that question here! If there's something out there that is outperforming the ProTank, I'm sure Annette would want to carry it, so feedback like this matters and is heard. :) (So happy you are seriously loving the citrus flavors! :vapor:)

General E-Smoking Discussion

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
so hope this is ok to post here of all... but since making the switch I find myself in need of a good glass tank more than ever! just looooooove vv citrus flavors and as I said, more and more the protanks are driving me SERIOUSLY MAD. flooding, leaking, burning through attys suuuuuper fast.....aaaaaaah!!!!!! and all on pretty much a daily basis for me.
so, wondering whats been working for you guys? what do you love to compliment your VV juice?

love my kangers but recently rediscovered the old school VIVI NOVA tanks

2.0ml or 3.5ml - plastic, metal, or glass tanks

easy to fill, super easy to maintain - removable drip tip, great performance

- ViVi Nova Tank Cartomizer | Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes
- Mini ViVi Nova Tank Cartomizer | Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes
- Mini ViVi Nova Metal Replacement Tubes | Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes

- ViVi Nova Cone | Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes

with good prices, might be worth a look...

:)

Legolas

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2014
In the slower lower ... Delaware
Try rewicking with cotton or at least replace flavor wicks with cotton.

Kanger Pro Tank II Cotton Rebuild - YouTube

There are a few other videos too but see if you think you can do this. Cotton will fluff up more and help stop leaking. IMHO its a much better vape then silica. Don't dry burn cotton. Add a few drops of ejuice before you put stem back on. Gl

heinz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2012
Woodland Hills, California
Hey guys - I rebuilt my protank 2 with cotton also - and doubled the coils - dual coil protank 2 !
It was allright -
Currently I'm using a Pyrex glass carto tank - I double punch the Boge dual coil cartomizer running at 2.3 and use it between 4.7-4.8 volts on my Provari - I have another double punched Boge cartomizer running at 3.0 ohms and I use that at 5.3 volts - I also have a quad coil dripper running anywhere between .20 to .50 ohms with my nemesis clone - and also have a dripper 901 atomizer running at 1.0 ohms -
So far - the carto tank wins.

For reasons -
The carto tank looks the nicest out of all -
With a cartotanks you can use your 24mg and your 18mg juices -
And when it gets dry on the top - since it's dual punched - two holes - you just suck on the tank without pushing the button to drench the carto with juices - usually about ten "dry" drags will "prime" the carto back to action . (without pushing the button of course)
This is seriously the best way right now for me because I've had all - I love dripping but I can't drip withoute ending up coughing - since it's so strong - and I have to use 0mg juices so I get no nicotine fix whatsoever and that gets boring -
The 901 dripping atomizer is fun for a minute until you realize you're constantly taking out your ejuice bottle to keep the thing wet.. It's a chore
And protanks - protanks 2 , well they can only sustain pg based juices - thin juices - and even though it's Pyrex - it's quite a hassle -
So all in all - go do try a dual coil Boge cartomizer - get a carto puncher and get a Pyrex glass tank with a wide bore drip tip -
Hopefully this helps - enjoy !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

heinz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2012
Or you can try your hand at a kayfun or a Russian or an Aqua - as for me - I just spent an arm and a leg on various items and I don't think I'm going to get those coveted kayfuns and aquas and Russians for a while - but yes I tried them - and they are pretty cool -
But a couple of things about them - they come with plastic tanks - for Pyrex you have to separately order the Pyrex tanks -
And they are a bit clanky and huge - so not really pocket friendly - and you have to know how to build proper coils - but once you get all that covered - I'm pretty sure these tanks are the best to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amy_h_26

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Lordy dont get me started on carto tanks, that was a huge, epic fail for me....too much of a learning curve and I could not get it down. Waste of cash. Have a ibt im dying to sell in the classifieds with a bunch of boge cartos. Went ahead and gave in, bought another protank, and of course im already having probs. Lost an oring, so I gotta buy more, grrrr. Waiting on those. In the meantime im using my bfs protank, and I gotta say, his preforms flawlessly. Go figure.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I like my protanks, but I like my cartotanks much better. Better flavor, and less fiddling. You just have to learn to "prime" a new carto - then it's good for a week of heavy vaping...

Cheap tanks though, I don't recommend - you need a good one, that will hold the carto firmly, and hold a slight vacuum.
I'd try IBTanked. They're good quality, but not a fortune, and they have low prices on cartos and a "tank tool" (you use it to push the carto halfway out when it's refill-the-tank time)....

You're looking at about $35 to get started, including some cartos...

heinz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2012
Plus protanks maximum voltage before u can taste burnt is 4.2-4.4 volts - I'm doing 5.3 volts right now on my carto tank - even though I just dropped it lol - lol .. The flavor is somewhat a medium of that of a dripper and I just love it

Sent from my home away from the batcave using two top ramen noodles as flux capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread