• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Local Authorities shuts down illegal e-cig seller

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_e_u

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
here & now
i'm sure by now, we're all aware that they have people watching the forums.

They also said the exact same thing, word for word, in a previous case a few months back.

Well, there'll always be newcomers joining us, as well as folks who don't practise appropriate discretion here, hence I feel what I highlighted out of CNA's garbage article serves as an indicative reminder to all of us that the agency is indeed snooping around & also stepping up their game since a few months back is a pretty alarming rate.

On a separate note,

Spit, smoke, litter illegally? Soon, a volunteer might catch you | TODAYonline

Who knows what over-zealous volunteer group the gov is gonna form in the future?

Syn007

Ashes to Ashless
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2011
GreenEarth
Well, it had been a few months and this happen again. I had seen this cases several times since i started vaping, most shocking one was in Sept 2012 where several popular online peddlers got busted and drove many vapers back to analog.

Be discreet if you want to share anything online, never reveal your personal particulars unnecessarily. The 'online surveillance" will find ways to dig out info, it is what they do for a living.

VapeMOsg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
City in the midst of Giants
Damn irritating. Vaping has allowed me to really quit smoking - tried everything from patches to gums to even hypnotherapy but to no avail. I sometimes run out of juice sometimes and no withdrawal at all. Especially when I am posted overseas!

Post conversion, my stamina returned, I enjoy dishes better, I stopped having sleep issues as I literally sleep like a baby without the coughing and my marriage life improved as my wife now says I smell better. I spend less time smoking at work and productivity is great. Thus, I improved my life with this!

The question I pose to whomever who is looking - regulate it rather than pass it off as a potential to be abused, why not? Trust me, even nicotine gums in large quantity can give a "high". Abuse of alcohol is even worse! Allow it to be used as an alternative treatment.

My job allows me access into companies like BAT, PMI and JTI. Even they are in the race to manufacture e-cigs with the hiring of aerosol engineers and such for the exact purpose with them claiming that it is a study of vapour dispersion (when questioned, they always say the information is classified) - paid big bucks though to apply brownian motion to particle movements in vapours.

http://www.bat.com/groupms/sites/BAT_9GVJXS.nsf/vwPagesWebLive/DO7AXGHN

Why act upon the interest of profit making MNCs when we are your main stakeholders in the country? Hefty punishments due to non-tested consumer products that might be harmful or tendency to be abused? Most of the healthshops selling supplements have loads of that - Celebrity couple having to donate liver to the other due to diet products?

P.S. Just a thought for the relevant eyes ;P

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
Sad but true. Pharmaceutical, tobacco, and petroleum. The three major industries calling the shots.. Unless the US endorse e-cigs, smaller countries have to play along..
Like ever wonder why electric powered vehicles are generally frown upon and have higher sticker price even though they are 'kinder' to the environment? Conflict of interest.

CrystalJeth

Verified Member
Feb 7, 2015
Sad but true. Pharmaceutical, tobacco, and petroleum. The three major industries calling the shots.. Unless the US endorse e-cigs, smaller countries have to play along..
Like ever wonder why electric powered vehicles are generally frown upon and have higher sticker price even though they are 'kinder' to the environment? Conflict of interest.

Looks like things there aren't going so well too :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread