ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Another ban for under 21.

So a 20-year-old with PTSD from serving in Afghanistan, who is married, with a 18-month-old child, and vaping in an attempt to quit smoking, will be threatend with this:

The changes, which also include electronic cigarettes and liquid nicotine, make it a misdemeanor for a person under 21 years of age to be in possession of them, a penalty which carries up to a $100 fine and 20 hours of community service.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

So a 20-year-old with PTSD from serving in Afghanistan, who is married, with a 18-month-old child, and vaping in an attempt to quit smoking, will be threatend with this:

1000+ likes for that viewpoint! :thumb:

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014

Make it 3 years in jail until "concerned parents" finally understand what "thinkofthechildren" arguments are all about.

Would sacrifice a couple generations but after that no one would dare to mention it ever again (unless they have a death wish that is).

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
Under the Affordable Care Act, one can be considered a minor until age 26. I guess the gov. can select in what circumstance you are an adult.

In the eyes of the government, we are all helpless ignorant children who need to be taken care of and told what to do, or not do.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
They say they want to protect children. They are lying hypocrits. Of course nobody should give anything to a kid their parents might not approve. That's been the common law for thousands of years and you can take that to court if there's good cause. In the mean time parents should be the ones deciding if their kids can possess ECs off school property. That too is common sense.

Getting aggressive about the protect-the-kids angle sets up the rock and the hard place. They want to be more aggressive about keeping kids away from ecigs than about keeping kids away from tobacco. When it gets to that the moral high ground is somewhere in the high Hymalayas. From up there you can roast them. Bring 'em on.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
In my teenage years I could buy cigs anywhere but I mostly smoked out of site of adults. I carried my cigarettes into school but never smoked there or allowed them to be detected. If you had asked me then I would have said it's legal for kids to buy and use tobacco. That probably was not true but that's how little attention was paid to the issue.

If we really want kids to quit smoking why not enforce the possession laws? If we aren't willing to do that there is no justification for posession laws related to ecigs. Having said that I think school principles should be able to say kids can't carry their ecigs on to school grounds. Schools should have the widest discretion about what kids can wear or bring to school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread