Status
Not open for further replies.

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
I will be flying to/from SF to New Dehli with rather long layovers at London Heathrow Terminal 5.

From the Heathrow website there is good news:
Electronic cigarettes
Passengers are permitted to use electronic cigarettes within our premises, however, these should not be used beyond the gate area. Where you are intending to carry cigarettes in your hand luggage, please check with your airline to ensure they are allowed on board the aircraft.
(ok with my airline in carry on luggage - just no use on board the plane.)

However, I have not been able to find out anything about vaping and gear at Indira Ghandhi airport, New Delhi. Nothing on the airport website.
Has anyone been through the international terminal there recently? What is the current New Delhi policy?

Last year I flew from SF/Auckland with no problems with batteries or liquids in the quart baggie (though security in Queenstown did look at my batteries and say "oh, those always get me.")

I did find one reference to someone saying they told security at IG airport that the ecig was an inhaler and suggesting that batteries might be confiscated but I can't find that again and don't know how old it was. I do doubt that batteries would be confiscated.

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
Recently returned from a 3 week trip flying through San Francisco, London Heathrow, and Indira Gandhi (Delhi) airports.
Not a single problem or question at security at any airport.
I traveled with 2 eleaf isticks, 1 mvp2, several tanks, several bottles of e-liquid, and some simple coil rebuilding supplies all in my carry on bag (the liquids in the liquids bag).
I think the security staff at most major airports are now familiar with vaping gear.
I did see a few people vaping in Heathrow (see the Heathrow policy in my 1st post) and vaped there as well, but all were discrete and no clouds.

shnnn

Sep 10, 2014
Bklyn and Nola
In December 2014, flying Virgin Arlantic, I was politely questioned about my kit (2 eGo twist, 1 MVP2 carried in handbag near camera and phone gear, assorted atomizers and juice stored with toiletries). Answered honestly, no hassles. Was asked to demonstrate kit in CCU but I think it was more out of curiosity than suspicion.
Delhi airport has stinky smoking cubicles so I just vaped there. Can't recall vaping in Heathrow.

Last edited:

bohrdom

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2014
Foster City, CA, USA
I've vaped semi-discretely and super-respectfully in LHR, no problems. No second glances either. I didn't make it to the "vaping zone" in T4 - would love to see it, but flying Star Alliance has me permanently planted in T2. So far no questions on my gear... though I now put my mod in the bin separate from everything else, alongside my cell phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread