Long road to quitting smoking, and a hopefully simple question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynn Hicks

Sep 13, 2017
Hi, Matt!

I find - a lot of guys will disagree - the TFV12 to be a great atty, but, in my experience, use the quadcoils and keep it around 50-60W. Reasonable clouds and battery life; I'veen using the 12 coil for a couple of weeks and yes, the clouds are astounding, but also are the batt consumption and the heat - even with a heat sink installed, it's uneasy to handle, and I don't want to think what all that heat is doing to the electronics.

Just my 0.02
I must agree with signore on this one. If you own a Ferrari and it has 280 on the speedometer you do not drive 280 MPH everywhere you go. Try using it at lower wattage. I have never understood why they sell, for example, the alien kit with a coil rated best between 60-80 watts and put it on a 220 watt mod. That is like buying a Ferrari with four doughnut tires on it. I guess I am a sissy but I like the baby beast at about 50 watts. I do not like warm vape. I tell people that are trying to switch from smoking to get one of the, well, nautilus mini for example. This generation of devices, and there are many others, with a good tobacco flavor juice, IMO is the best way to go. I use the nautilus mini with a good Camel juice and when I vape it leaves a taste in my mouth like I just smoked a cig. Vape shops are pushing the biggest baddest latest mods but that is not always the best idea. Most switchers bodies want the throat hit and the taste of tobacco.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Starting out 50/50 mix will give the best throat hit and flavor.
Always keep in mind that what anyone else uses may not be what you want to use.
More watts never means more flavor, bigger coils are juice and battery suckers!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Carl2

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2016
I've just started using a water bath with the e liquids I make and have found that I can use less flavoring and get a stronger flavor. A 6 hour bath at 130 F. I originally used an electric skillet but have switched to a Presto Kitchen Kettle because the skillet is often used for cooking. Both have an adjustable temp controller and can maintain water at 130 F.

Reactions: stols001

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
Sep 13, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
I'm late to the party, but welcome to ECF.

I've got the BBB & Baby, both are good thanks. Only switched because the Baby was too small.

I've recently switched to RDA/RDTA because those SMOK coils are a pain. Mine would wick well but die quickly. Never got up past 60w and could have just been my luck.

Anyhoo, welcome and enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread