Longest lasting atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
good advice given to newbies on this place settled down to something like..

buy a generic 901.. plenty spares.. at least two atomizers and two batteries and off you go.. it was good advice..

nothing much has changed with the design of e cigs.. nothing much is likely to..

Ruyan created them as a smoking supplement.. not as a full time smoking alternative..

they were intended to be used by real smokers while out dining and the like.. occasional light usage with not a sign of vapour in sight..

end of story..

trog

ps... just imagine being a silent reader of this place... you read looking for valid information.. these kind of users are far more numerous than the folks who like to post thoughts based on little knowledge..

the best way of obscuring valid information is to surround it with misinformation..

okay posting for the sake of posting is fun for those who do it.. but its a disaster for those seeking real information.. the silent readers..

Last edited:

carol

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2009
netherlands
i've got your point Trog, and your right , it's says nothing about the thing , no one knows excactly how much you used it , for instant mine is still working but i only vaped it for a couple of months , and not all day because i had many more.
The battery is an other point they don't last that long that would be the first thing that would fail.

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Trog - nobody disagrees that current design atomizers don't last for ever, and cannot.

If the PV survives the possible ban there will in time be changes (improvements); indeed, the regulators may require changes - for example, to avoid leaking of juice into mouth.

This is a forum. I think you are the only one claiming to be an expert. The rest of us are thinking out loud, debating with and learning from each other.

Carden

Mar 7, 2010
South Dakota
I have seen many reviews on many brands, but I am not really getting a clear consensus on what model or brand stand above the rest statisticly speaking. I understand that atomizers are fragile and unpredictable. But there is always a statistic that would show one to be more reliable that others. Now, I have use the Gamucci, the Mini (DSE-103), and the NicoVap. With the Mini, I have had ok luck. 1 atomizer would last about a month. With the Gamucci V2 starter kit, 1 atomizer lasted me almost 2 months. And now the NicoVap, I have been using for close to 3 months now and it still works great. And when I say "using", I mean that it is my everyday cigarette. I am a heavy user. But I do know of many people that have used the Gamucci V2 and the mini that their atomizers will only work for a few minutes and then they die. All of this being said, I have a couple questons...

1.) What atomizer (brand of e-cig) statistically lasts longer?

2.) What does it mean when an atomizer heats up but will not produce any vapour?

3.) Will any of the cleaning techniques help the "dead atomizers" that will just heat up but not vape, start to work again?

Any help would be great. I am still somewhat new to all of this and am just trying to get the most information so that I know what I can do to better my experience.

searcher

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Bossier City, La

1.) What atomizer (brand of e-cig) statistically lasts longer?
I am just like you when it comes to atties. I think they should last over 2 weeks. I use a 905 and adapted to 510 atties. They all seam to loose their vapor after about 2 weeks, just like they did on the 510 bats. I switched to 901 atties and they seem to last longer (cooler elements) but I haven't used them long enough to find a trend. My brother left me an 808d1 cartomizer a couple of weeks ago. It laid on my desk for a while. I finally put some juice in it (some cinnamon that I didn't want to use in my 901). Great vapor production and long lasting (I filled it around noon and vaped steadily until 8 o'clock. I am not sure that I needed to fill it then.).I have 4 packs of 5 cartomizers on order. I used that cartomizer for 2 half days and the last 3 full days.

2.) What does it mean when an atomizer heats up but will not produce any vapour?
It means that the resistance in the element has increased to the point that it is not producing for you. I am sure that some people (not all but some) can satisfactorily continue to use that atty. I used to try to clean the atty with most every procedure in the forums. I never once had an atty return to a lower resistance. The resistance of a new 510 atty should be about 2.5 ohms. When the atty reaches 3.5 ohms it becomes useless for me. It certainly will heat up, but it will not do it instantly like it should. If you have a 5 volt mod you could probably get more use from it (at least for a little while).

3.) Will any of the cleaning techniques help the "dead atomizers" that will just heat up but not vape, start to work again?
See previous answer. I think not.

Hope this helps. Man that was an old post to revive.

Carden

Mar 7, 2010
South Dakota
Have you tried any 2-piece models that use Cartomizers? I kind of like the idea of not caring how long my atomizer lasts for. :)

I have not really, the main reason is that I have found the toxicology reports on a few and did not lke what I saw. I am using this as a healthier alternative to cigarettes. And as such, I want to stay away from companies that are still putting upwards of 20+ chemicals in them. That was the biggest reason I used the Gamucci and Johnsoncreeksmokejuice to start. They only contain the nicotine, the flavor, and the PG. (johnsoncreeksmokejuice also uses more VG for an even more natural liquid. much healthier)

If I were to swith to a cartomizer, What would you recomend? Also how hard is it to refil them?

Carden

Mar 7, 2010
South Dakota
Hope this helps. Man that was an old post to revive.

I know I have posted to a seeminly dead thread, but what can I say... LOL.

And yes it did help a bit. I am not sure I fully understand all about the ohms and such, but I get the point. LOL. Thanks again and I hope to be ordering the titan soon and maybe the prodigy as I have heard good things of them. But until then my NicoVap (by Gamucci) is still working great after 3 months.

I am however still in search of the "best" atomizer. I know it seems a myth, but statistically there still has to be one out there that stands above the rest, unless they are all produced by the same company.

searcher

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Bossier City, La
And as such, I want to stay away from companies that are still putting upwards of 20+ chemicals in them.

If I were to swith to a cartomizer, What would you recomend? Also how hard is it to refil them?

I must have missed that about added chemicals. You can order blanks from anywhere (I get mine from HG and Miststiks) and put any juice you want to in them.

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
Toxicology reports? Could you please share your sources?

We are obviously very concerned about the relative safety of ecigs here, and I have yet to hear that there is any health difference between cartomizers and standard cartridges+atomizers. Given what I've learned so far, that just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. If you're referring to the FDA report that showed 'PEG' in some cartridges, please read up on the Health sub-forum here to find links to additional information you can use to draw a better (more informed) conclusion.

There has been a lot of FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt) spread by those who either don't know what they're talking about, or have an agenda; make sure to get a wide variety of input to draw conclusions from, and don't trust any one study or source (whether for or against).

I assure you Vapor4Life, for example, is not putting 20+ chemicals in their cartomizers, but if it makes you feel more comfortable, you can order 'empty' ones and fill them yourself with juice that meets your standards.

Filling a cartomizer is the easiest of anything I've tried so far - they ship with small rubber caps on both ends (called 'condoms' here by the forum members). When it's time to refill, you simple fill up one of those endcaps about halfway full of juice, slowly press it back onto the cartomizer (I do it on the mouthpiece side) and let it force the juice inside, pull the condom back off, wipe off the small amount of juice that got on the outside of it, and am good to go! Takes me 15-20 seconds now, and doesn't need to be done that frequently compared to other cartridges I've tried.

As far as trying a cartomizer model, I'm in love with the Vapor King from Vapor4Life, but this is my direct experience/opinion...

Hope this helps you!

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
If you review the info and decide you agree, I encourage you to still consider cartomizers and not get hung up on 'the longest lasting atomizer'...

I too was worried about spending too much on "parts" or dealing with unreliable equipment. I think only time and experience will allow you to get past that part.

Carden

Mar 7, 2010
South Dakota
I understand not listening to everything you have heard, I have done a ton of research as far as contents of cartridges. Not just what the FDA says ( as far as I am concerned they are very slanted). A few of the toxicology reports that I have received were from totallywicked, johnsoncreeksmokejuice, Gamucci, and theeletriccigarettecompany.

There is not a difference in contents going from a cartridge to a cartomizer. The difference is in the manufacturers.

I do not take what others say on the topic, as 100% truth. I check into it myself. The other chemicles that are in some of the liquid are still better than tobacco products. That goes hands down. still much healthier. However, I personally try to do everything "all natural". I do not take medicine, or anything. Because I eat only organic natural foods, I want the same from my e-cig. Any company that I have asked has been very willing to share their report.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
Yep, it sure does! Sounds like you're taking the best steps to get the information you need to make your choices.

In your case, while more work, it might make sense to get your own DIY supplies and mix your own juice; obviously the same concerns for the base niquid, but one you lay those to rest you can be in control of the rest!

Carden

Mar 7, 2010
South Dakota
Yep, it sure does! Sounds like you're taking the best steps to get the information you need to make your choices.

In your case, while more work, it might make sense to get your own DIY supplies and mix your own juice; obviously the same concerns for the base niquid, but one you lay those to rest you can be in control of the rest!

Ya know, I know this is horrible... But although I am picky. I am also lazy. LOL. But a friend of mine is just starting to DIY. Once he gets everything figured out. I am maybe just buy from him. Upside is he is using nothing but indredients from here in the US. Not big to some, but others that is huge... Just a note.

Again I thank you so much for all the help. It has made a big difference and will make my vaping experience better.

Nikhil

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Louisville, KY

Any help would be great. I am still somewhat new to all of this and am just trying to get the most information so that I know what I can do to better my experience.

As for 2), it's probably either flooded (heats up but slowly), or it's dry and out of liquid (heats up quickly).

For 3) Read this: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ving-off-chemical-unbearable-taste-smell.html

Carden

Mar 7, 2010
South Dakota
that was some GREAT info. Thanks so much. It gives me some ideas as to what I can do to help my atomizers last longer (as far as cleaning them) and also what the smell and taste is from. I have had a few atomizers dot he same thing.

I still think I will try some cartomizers. But while I am researching and still using my NicoVap I know some new trick of the trade, if you will. lol

so am I correct to think that a "good" atomizer should last up to 4 months before giving to many problems. And that coming across said "good" atomizer is few and far between and that I am lucky to have an atomizer lasting 3 months?

Guessologist

Feb 7, 2010
Australia
I see an opening for a web site here, where people can report what model attys they have, and how long they have lasted. That way, we could build up a statistically useful amount of data. It would need some way for people to rate how heavily they have used them too, eg light, medium or heavy usage, as well as the voltage it has been run at. The usage would have to be based upon some sort of metric that would enable the site to automatically figure out how much run time the attys have been subjected to, probably something along the lines of hours of use a day + puffs in an hour + average duration of puffs. Early on, the data would be pretty useless with a small amount of samples, but after a while the data would equalise itself and would provide at least a qualitative comparison of all the different sorts of attys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread