Longest lasting atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carden

Mar 7, 2010
South Dakota
I would be on board for something like that. Let me know if there is some way I can help. Or... If i get some time off work, I can set up a website for that that maybe a few of us can monitor... know what I mean. we would have to brain storm a bit as I am not fully versed in voltage and things like that. But I think in the long run it would be super helpful.

TheBlueAdept

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2010
Northern California
If there's significant interest, I'm a software engineer and can code up a website that would collect this data pretty readily... But would have to see that the interest is truly there before I would take the time to set it up.

EDIT: Coding the website, once the 'rules' are determined, is easy. Determining what the 'rules' should be for this requires more discussion!

Last edited:

Carden

Mar 7, 2010
South Dakota
Sorry for my delayed response. Crazy work. lol
I am very interested. But I do understand that there needs to be more interest than just me. But I am on board 100%. I just see this as a great way to finally put some statistics together for those who are "shopping around" for an e-cig.

Off topic, how long have you been designing software? something that I am looking at getting into just on the side for a hobby. I love computers and am always interested in learning more about them.

brandon555

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2010
Wisconsin
Keep your atomizer wet with juice and it will last as long as possible. If you vape it dry even for a little bit crap with crustify on the heating coil. If you keep your carts topped up with juice after every vape this helps. I don't usually drip unless it has run dry on me.

There are many ideas on cleaning but I simply immerse in a saucepan with boiling water and white vinegar for a half hour once a week. make sure it is dry before using then drip some juice in and let it soak in with a fresh cart, shorting out an atomizer will kill it and your battery.

If it dies completely then my feeling is that its has burnt out the coil but others tell me that a soaking in some chemical may resurrect it. If it has just stopped working well then here is my method.

step1: boil in water and vinegar.

step2: soak in caustic soda and hot water, this will attack the organic and carbon deposits on your coil.

Step3: rinse in boiling water

step4: soak in descaling liquid and water (phosphoric acid). This will break away salt deposits and strip away the surface tarnish on the metal giving better battery contact as well.

step5: final boiling water rise.

If this doesn't help then I'm not sure what else will

I never thought about using caustic soda before. I've got a ton of that stuff at work... Its industrial grade Sodium Hydroxide though so I'll probably have to dilute it.

What works better at eating crud away though is muriatic acid. That stuff makes caustic look like ginger ale.

Carden

Mar 7, 2010
South Dakota
OK, wait... first... PEPSI?!?! do you mix it with the everclear or not.
Second. I will check into the software programs to play around with.
Third. are we really going to put some stats together? LOL I think it would be great to be a part of such studies. let me know either on here or e-mail. Some days it is tough for me to get on here due to work, but ya know.. LOL

Oh yeah, and tahnks again for all the great help.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
OK, wait... first... PEPSI?!?! do you mix it with the everclear or not.
Second. I will check into the software programs to play around with.
Third. are we really going to put some stats together? LOL I think it would be great to be a part of such studies. let me know either on here or e-mail. Some days it is tough for me to get on here due to work, but ya know.. LOL

Oh yeah, and tahnks again for all the great help.

Pepsi has sugar. Sugar kills attys eventually - collects/sticks on and around the coil - caramelizes and burns. And while PG and VG are sweet, they are not sugars in that sense. The reason people use cola is not for the carbonation but for the phosphoric acid - there are better forms of that to use other than a sugary cola - see ice maker cleaners.

Still I don't recommend either, but you should know about the sugar part. Sugar and oil are bad for attys.

Carden

Mar 7, 2010
South Dakota
ok, so in a sense the same way cola will remove rust from a vehicle...
Makes sense. So it seems that I am really lucky as my atty has been working for 3 months and no major issues. I have not cleaned it yet though. I am thinking that if I want it to survive, I will need to clean it soon. LOL
has anyone noticed a difference in an atty that is "contained", as opposed to one that is out in the open, as far as how long they last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread