Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Not sure if this is the right place to ask his question and if it's not let me know but I'm looking for an 18650 cell that is long lasting and good quality. I just got a RX300 and during my days off work I tend to vape....a lot [emoji38]. I tend to go through the battery life throughout the day and wanting to get some batteries that would last me throughout my days off. Any info is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
For a mod capable of such high levels, I am going to recommend pretty much the best battery in the business. The Sony VTC5A, not the 5 but the 5A.
It's a 2500 mah battery. What that means is it will give you exactly average battery life with three in your wismec. I believe the wismec is a series box, so at maximum it would be asking 100w per battery. This is still very high, even for the battery I am recommending.

You can get batteries with higher amp ratings but they considerably drop capacity.. and I am taking it, when you ask for long lasting, that you want a battery with decent battery life but also a decent life span itself. Sony batteries are very well made and do last long.

If you want to vape 220 watts max,i can tell you with three sony vtc5a in your rx300, you can vape at 220 watts all day safely. Just make sure to get them from a reputable seller, as sony batteries are often sold as fakes unfortunately.

I don't recommend going to 3000 mah batteries in this case, as they significantly reduce their current draw capacity even if they give you a bit longer runtime before charge. 2500 mah battery i recommended really is the right one for the RX300 to give you decent life and great performance.. it's the one that does everything well overall.

Hope that helps.

PS Samsung 30Q are going to fry a lot quicker than the vtc5a, so it's up to you whether 20% longer battery life or safety is important. The 30Q IS the best 3000 mah battery, it can safely vape at 25 amps maximum, but you'd be asking your battery for more than that once you go over 200 watts.

EDIT : Your mod at max 300 watts will ask 75 watts per battery.I incorrectly thought it was a 3 battery mod, but it's 4. My apologies. If you want the one with maximum capacity that can vape at 300 watts using 4 of them, i recommend the 30Q also as recommended below. My first choice is still the VTC5A if you can handle a tiny bit less run time. PS this is assuming that the RX3000 uses all 4 batteries in series equally split. I have to investigate that to be 100% sure.

Last edited:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Not sure if this is the right place to ask his question and if it's not let me know but I'm looking for an 18650 cell that is long lasting and good quality. I just got a RX300 and during my days off work I tend to vape....a lot [emoji38]. I tend to go through the battery life throughout the day and wanting to get some batteries that would last me throughout my days off. Any info is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like LG HG2. each Cell has 3000 mah

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
Nope, that's a 20 amp max battery.. in a 300 watt mod, if the user wants to go anywhere near the mod's limit, that's asking for trouble.
I am going off of mooch's guides, and a very trusted 3rd party seller who does his own tests pretty much every day. They can't both be wrong.

if the OP wants to use 3x HG2 at 150 watts, sure, I think that's ok. I wouldn't press it further than that. That's 50 watts per battery, to do the proper calculation of amp draw at that level, I'd need to know what the lowest battery voltage the RX300 uses before it needs charging.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle
Nope, that's a 20 amp max battery.. in a 300 watt mod, if the user wants to go anywhere near the mod's limit, that's asking for trouble.
I am going off of mooch's guides, and a very trusted 3rd party seller who does his own tests pretty much every day. They can't both be wrong.

if the OP wants to use 3x HG2 at 150 watts, sure, I think that's ok. I wouldn't press it further than that. That's 50 watts per battery, to do the proper calculation of amp draw at that level, I'd need to know what the lowest battery voltage the RX300 uses before it needs charging.
I highly doubt the OP is Vaping at 300W or even 200W for that matter.

They actually really need to post what they usually Vape at, I'd guess under 150W ;)

Reactions: Vesh

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

They are all close in Mooch's tests with tested CDR's at 18A, 19A, and 20A. I have half a dozen older HG2's, a couple of VCT6's, and haven't yet tried the Samsung 30Q.

Who has the best 3000mAh battery? -- LG HG2 vs Samsung 30Q vs Sony VTC6 Shootout

Because of these test results I am changing the continuous discharge rating (CDR) of the LG HG2 from 20A to 18A. The Sony VTC6 will stay at 19A and the Samsung 30Q will stay at 20A. Why is the 30Q rated higher than the VTC6 even though the VTC6 ran at a higher voltage? Because the 30Q ran a bit cooler.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com

The rx300 is a four-battery mod. Safe to use 20-amp batteries (LG hg2, Samsung 30q, Sony vtc6) up to about 240w, and 25-amp batteries (Sony vtc5a) up to about 300w.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
I highly doubt the OP is Vaping at 300W or even 200W for that matter.

They actually really need to post what they usually Vape at, I'd guess under 150W ;)
100% on point. My post is more about if they want to go really high. FWIW, i know peeps who vape at 180w all day, and i'd still recommend the vtc5a.. they would barely be getting warm at that current draw. The others would be within operational limits.

If the OP is vaping at 100 watts or even 120, sure, the LG will be fine.Heck, even a 3000 mah efest purple is fine at that level.

The OP really does need to post their general vaping watts.

Reactions: KenD

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
The rx300 is a four-battery mod. Safe to use 20-amp batteries (LG hg2, Samsung 30q, Sony vtc6) up to about 240w, and 25-amp batteries (Sony vtc5a) up to about 300w.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk
you are spot on, my complete bad.So to put it in rough terms, each batt would be asked of 75 watt maximum.

I am presuming the RX300 cuts off at 3 volts, and if it does, that means at 300 watts it would be asking 23.4 amps per battery.

So yeah, Excuse my last post, HG2, 30Q or VTC6 are absolutely fine in this case.

But i still recommend the VTC5A in general, and almost all my mods use them.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
They are all close in Mooch's tests with tested CDR's at 18A, 19A, and 20A. I have half a dozen older HG2's, a couple of VCT6's, and haven't yet tried the Samsung 30Q.

Who has the best 3000mAh battery? -- LG HG2 vs Samsung 30Q vs Sony VTC6 Shootout
I use the 30Q's in my single battery simple mods like kanger evod pro, which will never even get close to 10amps the way I use it. That way I get max life, and it is a great battery. Out of the 3000 mah ones that's the best.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I use the 30Q's in my single battery simple mods like kanger evod pro, which will never even get close to 10amps the way I use it. That way I get max life, and it is a great battery. Out of the 3000 mah ones that's the best.

30Q will be my next order from RTDVapor. I've enjoyed the Samsung 25R, the LG HG2's, and the Sony VTC6's. Now it's time to try the 30Q. I don't stress them at 10W-15W. I just like the longer vape time in the +/- 3000mah range.

Gotta try them all to find out what's best. (Dang, that sounded kinda like Nancy Pelosi's statement in Congress about the ACA).

Last edited:

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Ive got a 4 cell mod "capable" of 315W. I have never exceeded 85W on it. The iJoy Maxo315 is able to run in 2 cell or 4 cell mode which was a selling point for me for sure. The runtime the OP will get in a 4 cell mod depends on their vaping style(they said they vape a lot which would indicate some form of chain vaping), as well as their preferred wattage. If they are running under 100W with 4 cells they can likely come close to an entire day without charging(on a chain vape that is). I go all day with in 2 cell mode on my Maxo315 and Im a 15-20ml/day dripper at 55W for my primary atty on that mod.

Edit:
I forgot to mention that I use HG2s and will be ordering some 30Qs very soon.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
I usually use 30q's or 25r's but for my latest dna 167 mod I ended up getting 4 of the Sony vtc5a's since they were so cheap, the specs are close enough so idc really about that, but what I realised was, these batteries slide in & out much easier than the Samsungs. Usually I would recommend the Samsung ones but I do like these Sony's, especially for a tight fit.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

The HG2 IS 20 amp but does hold 3000 mah.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
The HG2 IS 20 amp but does hold 3000 mah.
I think you must have missed the most where I corrected my findings in that I thought the mod was a 3 battery mod, but it's a 4 battery mod (this is actually a good thing, I think mods offering 220 watts on 2x18650 are nuts).

I am not sure what else you are correcting, I claimed the LG HG2 is 20 amp battery and is 3000 mah. Nothing to see here.

Reactions: KenD

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I think you must have missed the most where I corrected my findings in that I thought the mod was a 3 battery mod, but it's a 4 battery mod (this is actually a good thing, I think mods offering 220 watts on 2x18650 are nuts).

I am not sure what else you are correcting, I claimed the LG HG2 is 20 amp battery and is 3000 mah. Nothing to see here.
About 2 Cell mods firing 220 watts. I agree completely.

I would not trust two 18650 batteries to fire over 150-160 watts.

About tge nothing to see here. You inplied my first statement was wrong. I was just pointing out that i ws right. The HG2 holds 3000 mah.

In my first Post i never specified the amps. Its a 20 amp 3,000 mah. LOVE my tootsie rolls.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
LOL it's all good, i think you misunderstood, but hey, let me say there is equal chance i probably wrote it wrong. Peace.

I have two vtc5a in my archon, and even so i'm hesitant at firing it at 150, but I have and there's been no issue. That's when I knew i loved VTC5A's.. I fired a cleito 120 on it at 150, which it took fine, and i chained it for 10 drags. Barely got warm.
Hated it by the way, massive clouds but no throat hit.

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
you are spot on, my complete bad.So to put it in rough terms, each batt would be asked of 75 watt maximum.

I am presuming the RX300 cuts off at 3 volts, and if it does, that means at 300 watts it would be asking 23.4 amps per battery.

So yeah, Excuse my last post, HG2, 30Q or VTC6 are absolutely fine in this case.

But i still recommend the VTC5A in general, and almost all my mods use them.

Rx200 and the 2/3 cut off around 3.3-3.5 depending on wattage, most mods cut off around there also. To op; LG HG2 and Samsung 30q are excellent choices, I personally use HG2 in my RX200 and Realoux DNA 200, I use VTC4, Aspire 1800 and some old HG2 batteries for my dual battery devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread