Status
Not open for further replies.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
So, I'm looking for a new 3.7v mod, and I've been out and about, so to speak, looking at the various mods for a reasonable price, and I keep coming back to the roughshack V2. It seems to be the one that has everything I'm looking for. Nice looking, but not so nice that I'd hate to get a scratch or a ding on it, I like the price, It looks, and I understand that it is, durable, It's small and tubular.
Now, just a couple questions I have, ok, 3 questions.
1. I have read that not all 18350 batts fit. Does anyone use the trustfires in theirs?
2. I have read that the battery spring is weak, are there better springs available, or have you
not found that to be a problem.
3. Is it regulated at 3.7v, or non regulated? I prefer non regulated.

I guess that's about it. I would like to get some comments before odering. Thank you.

dragit

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2011
Wyoming
im tired... but i'll throw out the rumor about the battery spring. That thing is solid enough that it makes screwin the top on difficult!

Idk about the battery. I have not heard such a thing?

Its not regulated. This thing is about as simple as it gets.

LAstly.. Just buy the damn thing! Only thing you may look at is a better battery charger

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Central Texas
Ditto on what Dragit said. Well, at least for the original version. I am still using the same batteries that came with it.

I think they are Ultra Fire. (Blue). Anyway, one of those "Fires". I don't believe there will be any problem with other brands fitting. There is plenty of lee way in that thing.

The battery spring is very strong.

The weakest link in the Rough Stack is the switch, but they can be easily replaced. (For $14.00)

ime5000

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
maryland
Congratulations! I just got my first (maxi) and I wish I would have sooner. They're even smaller than I expected. Now we have to stop or we'll end up with 15 mods in a month or two!

15 mods in a month or so, lol, if i had the money id be trying everyone out there! congrats on getting the roughstack itll be another i look into at another time!

eko824

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2011
Los Angeles
im tired... but i'll throw out the rumor about the battery spring. That thing is solid enough that it makes screwin the top on difficult!

Idk about the battery. I have not heard such a thing?

Its not regulated. This thing is about as simple as it gets.

LAstly.. Just buy the damn thing! Only thing you may look at is a better battery charger

What battery charger would you recommend?

dragit

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2011
Wyoming
Cheap doesn't necessarily mean bad though. It gets good reviews on the site.

The few harbor Frieght tools i got work great too. But the Snap on's out last and USUALLY (to some degree) out perform them.

Im not knockin it... i am using it right now to charge a battery. Just saying.... wait till you get it. Its anything but fancy or sturdy. But it works well. Only heard of a few dying. But these batterys can be dangerous. So i dont mind spending $15-20 for a piece of mind on the next charger.

Thats just thinking ahead. Use it and abuse it till it quits on ya. I Personally dont plan on leaving batterys on it over night or anything though

eko824

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2011
Los Angeles
The Roughstack is a nice little mod and very sturdy. Only problem I can see with it is putting on a MAP if you ever wanted too. Switch will get in the way unless you use an extender or adapter.

Haven't ordered the Roughstack yet but when I do, I'll probably try both of these adapters to give the button a little clearance under my Liquinator tank. I hope the Shorty works.

V2 510 Shorty Extension

510 Battery Extension

eko824

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2011
Los Angeles
I like the Trustfire TR-001 charger at Madvapes. They also have an attachment for a car cigarette lighter. It was great for a 10 hour drive I took a little over a week ago.

That looks like a reasonable option. A lot of people seem to recommend the Pila charger but I really don't want to spend $45 on a charger unless it's absolutely necessary and safety is an issue. If it's just a longevity issue, I'll take that chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread