Status
Not open for further replies.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I have looked everywhere for an atomizer with a 2.8 ohm coil head and haven't found it. Just wondering if I can make one myself. I have a vague idea how it is made but don't know if 2.8 ohm is possible at all. The wire would have to be long and thick, and wrapped around several times. Is there one pre-made already?

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
What is the reason for a 2.8Ω coil... are you trying to hit some magic number? I don't know what you mean specifically when you say atomizer... what kind of atomizer?

You can make a 2.8Ω coil for a clearo coil head fairly easily. Should be able to do it with 32ga kanthal and 5-6 wraps... maybe 2mm diameter, give or take.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Thanks State. The reason for the 2.8 is because I do not like my vape too hot. By atomizer I mean one for dripping, either ready made or rebuildable. I found one at 3 ohms at Smartvapes. It's pretty good, but to save costs but I would like to get a rebuildable. Any suggestions? Thanks again.
Ah... an RBA or RDA... gotcha. With either it doesn't matter because you'll be doing your own coils and wicks... so anything you like. Perhaps a Nimbus clone would be a good place to start. Under $10 and another $5-6 for wick and wire to get you going.

You'll actually be going to thinner wire than the thick wire in your initial comment. Thicker wire results in less resistance... thinner will be more. It's something you play with along with wick thickness, type amount as well as number of wraps... to hit that "magic sweet spot". ;-) 30 and 32 Kanthal will be what you want with 32 the more likely. If you use thicker wire, you'll end up with fewer coils than is practical.

There are soooooo many RBAs on the market that for me to say this or that is pretty presumptuous. Wander around, read up on what others like... find something you like that's in your price range... and giver a shot.

To be honest... You might just want to get some 3.0Ω Boge cartos and a carto tank. Easy peasy and good flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread