Looking for a decent mod with built in battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
To get more mAh, you'll need bigger (and heavier) batteries, so that sort of defeats your priority.

Why not get a mod that uses a replacable 18650 battery? Once the charge runs out, you just replace the spent battery with a charged battery.

I admit that I have a bias against mods with built-in batteries:

• I don't get to choose the battery that I'm using (LiPo batteries are not safe chemistry)
  • I don't get to choose the onboard battery charger in the mod
  • Once the battery dies (250-300 charge cycles), the entire mod is useless
If I use a mod that uses replacable batteries:

• I get to choose the best IMR/INR batteries (safer chemistry)
  • I get to choose the best battery charger
  • I don't have to throw my mod away when the batteries die, I just buy new batteries at $6 each. Cheaper in the long run
Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries Part 1
  • For those who want to learn the differences between IMR, IMR/hybrid, ICR, and LiPo batteries. What do those numbers and letters on batteries mean? What's an amp rating and why is it more important than the mAh rating when choosing a battery for vaping?
Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping
  • A popular and essential read to understand which batteries are safe to use in mechanical and regulated mods. Includes a frequently updated list of recommended safe-chemistry, high-drain batteries with their specifications.
Guide to Choosing a Li-ion Battery Charger

• Guide to help a novice in choosing a charger. Covers recommended brands, suggestions for the number of charging bays you'll need, independent bays, LED or LCD models, and "smart chargers".
Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder
  • From cigalike batteries, to eGo's, to mods. Another picture dictionary of terminology and form factors for beginning vapers. Includes videos.

Last edited:

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
kbox 70 a little heavy but 4000mah.
'Bout the same as the istick 50 but has the TC option.
istick 50 is a few bucks less with 4400mah/no TC
The 40 watt istick may be a better form factor for your wife 2600mah should last quite a while at 20 watts or less. If she goes TC on it however it fires at 40 watts initially then temp control limits it down.
Sure you knew all this already.
Cheers.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
A few to look in to:

Cuboid mini, around 2600mAh
Athena Envy 22, around 3400mAh
Coolfire IV 100W TC, around 3300mAh

These are the ones I have my eye on right now as a back up to my Evic VT.

Good luck
24639996112_5365340198_o.gif

edit: might also want to add the Mini Volt. Only 1300mAh but so darned cute! Get two!

Last edited:

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Looking for a built in battery mod, will be used for low power 14-20w needs to have decent MAH

No DNA200's:pervy:

The evic vt is brilliant but maybe to heavy for my wife

Suggestions?
For small size and weight With a built in battery I recommend the Istick 30W or 40W TC. I have three of the 30w and one 40W and they've all given great service at a cheap price. Get the silicone sleeve for it for a good grip.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Cool Fire IV is a great little mod that has a fantastic hand feel and I think your wife find it comfortable. I have owned a fair share of mods and the CFIV is the one that feels the best in my fairly small hand. The CF IV+ is bigger and a little more wieldly but does have more mah/power.

Innokin's built in battery mods are known to be rock solid devices.

Angel1964

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2016
Alberta Canada
I just bought a coolfire IV plus and its about the size of an Istick 50. It fits well into your hand and much lighter than my evic 60. I also purchased the cuboid mini which I haven't gotten yet but it looks nice. And for external battery, I ordered the Pico which is super cute and has good reviews. I also have the istick 30 which is a nice little mod for lower wattage vaping and is small enough to put in your pocket. I like the smaller mods as well just because I work at a retirement home and have to walk by all the seniors in the diningroom every time I want to go outside and vape so I carry it in my pocket. They didn't know I smoked and I don't want them to know I vape either. They wouldn't understand the difference anyways.

Reactions: David Wolf

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
Looking for a built in battery mod, will be used for low power 14-20w needs to have decent MAH

No DNA200's:pervy:

The evic vt is brilliant but maybe to heavy for my wife

Suggestions?

they do have a evic vt mini but yes I have the regular evic and when I put it in loose pants they are so heavy it makes them sag. battery life is meh. can't go a day without it running out and I vape at about 30-40wats

Reactions: Angel1964

Eekins

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2015
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Council of vapors - Mini Volt 40W. This thing is tiny. It's only a 1300 MaH battery but if you're only vaping at 15w it shouldn't be a huge issue. If you want something small with more battery power, the istick pico. Single 18650 device, pretty much no taller than an 18650 as well. Just carry a spare battery if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread