Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
Hello everyone. I'm looking for a Pyrex/Glass/Metal clearo type tank (non-carto) to match my black matte mini eGo battery for stealth/size purposes.

Looking for something around 14 mm in diameter, and around 65 mm in length (drip tip included). Black in color.

So far, the best, smallest, I could come up with is the Vision Mini Vivi Nova with Black Aluminum tube.

MINI Vision Vivi Nova Tank System - Metal Tube

Any suggestions?

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
Hello everyone. I'm looking for a Pyrex/Glass/Metal clearo type tank (non-carto) to match my black matte mini eGo battery for stealth/size purposes.

Looking for something around 14 mm in diameter, and around 65 mm in length (drip tip included). Black in color.

So far, the best, smallest, I could come up with is the Vision Mini Vivi Nova with Black Aluminum tube.

Any suggestions?

mini davide or mini protank would work, but what gets me is the notion that 2.5ml is an "all day vape"! in my house that amount is called "before noon vape"............ oh yeah, I sleep late.......

peterforpats

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2013
rounding third and heading home...
If it doesn't HAVE to be glass, what about this?

Black iSmoka Mini BCC

I know the Mega has been getting decent reviews, but haven't heard much either way about the Mini. At any rate the black body should match your matte black eGo.

it may get decent reviews but I have never gotten a consistant vape from the ismoka/vapeonly clearo. their coils don't screw in they press fit and I have always gotten juice drawing up the center post. I have two (clear and smoked-large size not mini) if anybody wants them pm me and I will gladly send them to you.......

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX

Any suggestions?

If you like the Vivi Nova, My Vapor Store has a new glass version. It's called the Glass V-Fate Vision Nova, and comes in 2.0 and 3.5 ml.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Although not yet listed on the website, IBTanked will soon be offering a 15mm outer diameter cartotank made of pyrex and stainless steel caps.

OCD was kind enough to send me some prototypes to try out last week. These are the same high quality glass tanks with stainless steel end caps as the other tanks offered at IBTanked. You can view an image of the prototypes here on IBTanked's supplier forum: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-suppliers-forum/339809-do-you-fiddle-your-thingy-154.html#post10628725

Here's what is listed on the website FAQ page:

"Q: What type of cartomizer fits the tanks?

A:
Any XL (45mm) 510 Cartomizer should fit our XL tanks.
Any Standard (35mm) 510 Cartomizer should fit our Standard tanks.
Mini (19.8mm) Cartomizers, aka HalfLing, will fit our HalfLing Tanks.
We have had HalfLing Cartomizers made especially for us with 2 holes and a Flange like our other popular SmokTech Cartomizers. Note that the holes have been lowered 3mm and may not work in tanks with thicker caps than IBTanks. Boge cartomizers are often listed without the thread length so you may see 40mm and 30mm for XL and Standard on those.

Q: Are there any other types of caps.

A: We have Both Stainless Steel and Anodized Aluminum. We are adding more choices as we can.

Q: What length do the tubes come in?

A: The tubes are 0.60", 1.21" and 1.57" for the HalfLing, Standard and XL respectively. They finish out with the caps and washer nicely on both Standard and XL Cartomizers almost flush on the ends.

Q: What is the ID and OD of the tubes.

A:
15mm tubes are 15mm OD and 12.6mm ID
19mm tubes are 19mm OD and 14mm ID
22mm tubes are 22mm OD and 17mm ID
25mm tubes are 25.4mm OD and 20.4mm ID"

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
This is awesome news!! :thumbs: Any idea as to when they might be available for sale?
No, but OCD gives updates on their progress on the supplier forum that I linked to above. They were recently off attending a vape convention for a few days, and likely are now getting caught up on orders that were made while away.

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
No, but OCD gives updates on their progress on the supplier forum that I linked to above. They were recently off attending a vape convention for a few days, and likely are now getting caught up on orders that were made while away.

Thank you! I just read through the last couple of pages of that thread (starting with the post you linked to, above). No updates there on the "Tiny Tanks" yet, but dang if my money isn't burning a hole in my pocket. I guess I will just have to keep stalking.

Learning that IBTanked is making the 15mm, and that the whole setup will be around $50 (if I read that right), has made me unreasonably happy. :banana:

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
Not sure where you read that, but my guess is the tanks will be between $20 - 30 like the rest of their tanks.

It was in the post from OCD that you linked to, the one with the pictures of the 15mm tanks. The estimated $50 "kit" OCD mentioned would include a battery and a charger, it seems.

Thanks Rocco, we had a great time grilling with family down at the lake Saturday... back to the grind now though. Hehe, who am I kidding, I worked Saturday when we got back and Sunday.

Here is a shot of the Tiny Tank Prototypes. From left to right is HalfLing on a 350mah next Standard on a 650mah Winder and last XL on a 400mah Twist. You can sort of make out the groove on the caps on the XL one. I put that there with the thought of being able to add the orings as pictured on the others and they make a great bumper. For those who like to stand up their eGos which constantly fall over all they do is bounce with these orings.

Going to check capacity on these soon and of course the numbers will be "Tiny" but we showed them off a little over the weekend and feedback has been great, I think they are going to be a hit. We should have the anodized parts in before Vegas so just a couple more weeks to go, I think the colored parts are really going to make these pop and a few of our colors match our Winder batteries pretty close so they are going be make for a sharp setup. Looking at under a Fifty for Tank, IBTipsy, Cartomizer, Charger, Winder and Beauty Ring.

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
Thanks for all the replies. I'm not interested in plastic or a carto style tank.

I want something either glass or metal. Matte black in color and same width as an eGo battery but shorter than my Mini Davide.

Can anyone confirm the dimensions of the Vision Mini Vivi Nova with stock drip tip, a vendor has indicated the following:

69 mm length (including threads), 14.25 mm diameter.,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread