Looking for a good 100w starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I think you might be a bit confused on the terminology. The Pico is a mod.

Anyway, you'll need a dual battery mod for 80 - 120 W. If you liked the Pico, you could try the Pico Dual. When you say you want something better, what do you mean by better? Just the higher wattage, or is there anything else you're looking for?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
There are tons of options, you might have more fun with a new setup. Most of my mods are fairly "heavy" two battery mods, but you may find that you like one, if you try one. I was hesitant on my Tesla Nano Steampunk, but I actually like it a great deal (goes to 120 watts, decent TC).

With that said, I'd encourage you to look around and see if something slightly bigger appeals to you. If not, I might recommend the Aspire Speeder (though I don't own it) Aspire stuff is pretty reliable and I *believe* that mod is plastic, so it's not super heavy. May have a bit too much wattage for your needs...

Good luck.

Anna

Reactions: Letitia

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Tesla nano 120w sometimes referred to as steampunk.
2 cell power device, use whatever delivery devices you like on it or comes in kit form with Tesla H8 'tank'.
Would need at least 2 new 20a or more CDR quality authentic cells & charger.
Downside, it is 'heavy' I guess, in some folks opinion.

Actually the OP is correct, mod = modified as in the early days of vaping when we had to modify stuff into vaping power sources.
APV-advanced personal vaporizer / power device.
I don't use mods either, if it don't vape like I want it to from the factory without me modifying or fiddling with it, it gets gone.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Actually the OP is correct, mod = modified as in the early days of vaping when we had to modify stuff into vaping power sources.

I'll grant that you are technically correct, but I've long since been forced to acknowledge (very much against my will) that language is a living thing.;) The thing you put a battery in (or that has an internal battery) is almost universally called a mod, so a mod it is.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
If you want to go above 40 for reals You need a two battery mod. This has to do with the physics of current battery technology.
There's a lot of fake labeling on rewrap batteries where your current "85w" would really deliver that 85w if they worked as labeled. The problem is they don't. Your current mod actually pretty good for a single battery mod, so unless you want to go two battery I'd stick with it assuming it still works. That leaves the atty.
Do you want to stick with drop in coils or go hand build?

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY

Bankai

Jan 22, 2016
If you want to go above 40 for reals You need a two battery mod. This has to do with the physics of current battery technology.
There's a lot of fake labeling on rewrap batteries where your current "85w" would really deliver that 85w if they worked as labeled. The problem is they don't. Your current mod actually pretty good for a single battery mod, so unless you want to go two battery I'd stick with it assuming it still works. That leaves the atty.
Do you want to stick with drop in coils or go hand build?

Drop in coils.... I'm not ready for hand builds....

Reactions: Letitia

Bankai

Jan 22, 2016
That Pico Mega with a 26650 battery looks like it should have plenty of bump.

Yes, that's what I had before for about 55 shipped for both pieces...

It was good but the real vaping comes with a stronger mods and a dripper, I think it's called.

Even though it was only 80watt, I barely got a very strong vape, but good enough for everyday use.

Reactions: stols001

Bankai

Jan 22, 2016
Tesla nano 120w sometimes referred to as steampunk.

I don't use mods either, if it don't vape like I want it to from the factory without me modifying or fiddling with it, it gets gone.

I did this last year before I lost my Pico but I always assumed...

Starter = all in one
Mod = buy seperate parts, battery, vaping source and so forth

for example, these are different mods

Slickdeals: Searching for "vape"

So I always just stuck to the all in one devices since it's easier but tends to not be as powerful as the real big boys which I will eventually get to.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Drop in coils.... I'm not ready for hand builds....
I'm a hand build guy rather than a drop in guy so my knowledge is minimal.
What I have heard in general in other threads:
Smok makes good mods but is not so good at tanks
A popular DL drop in tank ATM is the uwell crown 3

That's all I got for you I'm afraid. Others here have much better knowledge in this area.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yes, that's what I had before for about 55 shipped for both pieces...

It was good but the real vaping comes with a stronger mods and a dripper, I think it's called.

Even though it was only 80watt, I barely got a very strong vape, but good enough for everyday use.
a dripper is another term for RDA. That type of atty is hand build only

Last edited:

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Might get the smoke al85 tfv8 starter kit.
If you do (or already did) be aware that the paint on smok's mod tend to scrappe quickly,also alot of users recently have been reporting issues with their tanks (probably mods too but i can't remember). I personally don't recommend the al85, though the only single battery mod i have is a 75 watts device. To go above 100 watts you definetely need a dual battery mod,though in that case they're pretty much all "heavy" . I like my mods hefty but i understand not everyone does,thing is if you wanna vape at high wattage (100+) you really need a dual batt mod otherwise you're pushing too much amps from a single cell and while idk if it can blow up it will shorten the lifetime of the battery.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
If you do (or already did) be aware that the paint on smok's mod tend to scrappe quickly,also alot of users recently have been reporting issues with their tanks (probably mods too but i can't remember). I personally don't recommend the al85, though the only single battery mod i have is a 75 watts device. To go above 100 watts you definetely need a dual battery mod,though in that case they're pretty much all "heavy" . I like my mods hefty but i understand not everyone does,thing is if you wanna vape at high wattage (100+) you really need a dual batt mod otherwise you're pushing too much amps from a single cell and while idk if it can blow up it will shorten the lifetime of the battery.
My understanding (which may be flawed) is that it doesn't even do that. The device can't even deliver the top level of power at all without using batteries that don't actually exist. It may SAY a hundred watts, but that doesn't mean it IS a hundred watts. It's merely the maximum the battery can push out. My understanding is that with a single battery mod this is somewhere in the 50 watt range.

I could definitely see it overtaxing a battery to deliver the full power though. You may have the right of it.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
My understanding (which may be flawed) is that it doesn't even do that. The device can't even deliver the top level of power at all without using batteries that don't actually exist. It may SAY a hundred watts, but that doesn't mean it IS a hundred watts. It's merely the maximum the battery can push out. My understanding is that with a single battery mod this is somewhere in the 50 watt range.
I could definitely see it overtaxing a battery to deliver the full power though. You may have the right of it.

That's pretty much indeed what i've heard myself and why i use a dual battery mod now,sure my single cell is still used at about 50-60 watts but not many times and i don't chain vape it (mostly use it whenever my predator is charging). For example i've asked around about my said predator which i've been told that using 2 Lg batteries (the 3000MaH 20 amps kind) i could go to about 120 watts with it,which is way more than i'd use anyway but at least i'm not overpushing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread