Looking for a good subohm tank...

Status
Not open for further replies.

klayton88

Oct 1, 2015
Hey folks,

Been having trouble with the subtank mini so looking for a spare to use when it's playing up.

Looking for something other than kanger, with good capacity (4ml+) that uses reliable coils which i'm finding kanger does not. I get 3 or 4 duds and 1 decent coil per pack it seems.

I'll be running it on a Cool Fire 4 and preferably a 1.2ohm coil.

I know nothing other than kanger really and I did get off to a good start in my vaping career with the mini protank but wanted something bigger and more advanced and went for the STM which has been causing me issues.

Is Innokin a good brand? I have the Cool Fire 4 from them but no tank.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

XXFa113nXX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2014
United States
The aspire Atlantis is a great tank. And coils do come in 1.2ohm I believe. If you want top fill with the option to use the common Atlantis/Triton coil look at the Freemax Starr Pro or Freemax Scylla. I have the Scylla and its quite a quality tank to me. If you consider a Triton tank use the Triton 2. You can take it fully apart unlike the 1st gen.

Reactions: klayton88

pappcam

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2015
Canada
I own 5 Subtanks of various sizes and use the stock coils 90% of the time. I've gone through quite a few coils and I don't believe I've ever had a "dud". I've had a couple that seemed to need more wattage than usual but they all worked.

Not sure what people are buying to get all these duds. Cheap knockoffs?

Mint-Hat

Unregistered Supplier
Jul 31, 2015
www.PeppermintCloudz.com
I own 5 Subtanks of various sizes and use the stock coils 90% of the time. I've gone through quite a few coils and I don't believe I've ever had a "dud". I've had a couple that seemed to need more wattage than usual but they all worked.

Not sure what people are buying to get all these duds. Cheap knockoffs?

Many shops purchase and sell cloned coils (accidentally, if their supplier doesn't tell them or even sometimes knowingly!) This applies to some of the smaller online retailers as well. Cloned coils are usually 1:1 clones....except with NO QC/QA, which means up to half of a batch can be duds (completely broken or dead/burnt in a few days). These cloned coils also vary wildly in resistance from coil to coil.

Reactions: klayton88

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Hey folks,

Been having trouble with the subtank mini so looking for a spare to use when it's playing up.

Looking for something other than kanger, with good capacity (4ml+) that uses reliable coils which i'm finding kanger does not. I get 3 or 4 duds and 1 decent coil per pack it seems.

I know nothing other than kanger really and I did get off to a good start in my vaping career with the mini protank but wanted something bigger and more advanced and went for the STM which has been causing me issues.

Thanks in advance,

Adam

Crown Sub-Ohm Tank by Uwell 1.2 ohm coils

klayton88

Oct 1, 2015
1.2 ohms isn't sub-ohm. :2c:
I highly recommend the Smok TFV4 as the best sub-tank around. AMAZING top fill and a huge selection of coils to choose from. Your local shop most likely carries it, along with the most popular coils for it. :rickroll:

I'm aware 1.2 isn't sub but a sub tank gives me the option at a later date should I wish to go subohm without having to fork out again!

klayton88

Oct 1, 2015
Any particular reason you are looking for a subΩ tank if you like non-subΩ coils? Are you a M2L or direct lung inhaler?

I'm a MTL traditional smoker, I'm not one of the hip kids that never smoked in their life but it's now somehow cool to vape!

I am vaping purely as a tool to get away from nicotine all together, having dropped from 24 to 6mg in my first 4 months vaping. I know 1.2 isn't sub ohm but when choosing the STM I knew if I wanted to drop to a 0.5 at a later date I could with the STM.

Right now I simply want a tank that has reliable coils as it seems Kanger has gone to the dogs but constantly changing things with their coils.

I smoke around 4-5ml per day of 50/50 liquid so a one fill a day job would be ideal.

Reactions: Susan~S

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
I'm aware 1.2 isn't sub but a sub tank gives me the option at a later date should I wish to go subohm without having to fork out again!

I didn't put two and two together that you want a sub ohm tank but don't want to sub ohm. There are 1.8 ohm Triton coils with a tighter chimney that fit in the Atlantis and Triton.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I'm a MTL traditional smoker, I'm not one of the hip kids that never smoked in their life but it's now somehow cool to vape!

I smoke around 4-5ml per day of 50/50 liquid so a one fill a day job would be ideal.
Couple of MTL tanks you could consider.
  • Aspire Nautilus (1.6Ω & 1.8Ω coils), capacity 5mls
  • eLeaf GS Air M (1.2Ω & 1.5Ω coils), capacity 4mls

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas

greenmachine17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2015
Street Level U.S.A.
Hey folks,

Thanks in advance,

Adam
Freemax scylla kills them all..the pro leaks if you don't reverse the turn off directions in manual. .ceramic eats juice.ni200 just right at 45-50w 450°

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread