Looking for a mild menthol w/major TH

Status
Not open for further replies.

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
I'll second the Nuport Nobacco from V4l. I've tried Halo Newpure, V4l Smilin, Dekang Menthol, and a few others plain menthols. I also like the Dunhall Menthol from V4l. It has more of a tobacco mellowness with a menthol boost. Before I tried the Nuport, I was on V4l Parliament menthol, as it is a slightly better TH than all of the above. (I also have a carto of V4l Virginia Menthol to try, but I don't have a carto e-cig! LOL)

Smilin is good, not really tobacco-ey, but it has a subtle vanila undertone on exhale that's nice. It's a really smooth vape, and the menthol isn't very harsh. I don't get a lot of TH from it, but I only have 12mg.

Halo Newpure also has that vanila undertone, but the Newpure 24mg I ordered in Feb has this weird chemical taste that I couldn't shake. I hear Truepure has probably fixed that (I can't imagine they would take it off the site for two months, relabel it, and bring out the same mixture without a formula change as well).

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
If you want to boost your so-so menthol liquids that you already have (or add some menthol kick to other flavors like tobacco or cherry) this recipe for Menthol Drops is great. Since it is made with alcohol, it will add a good throat hit.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/20590-menthol-drops-recipe-menthol-lovers.html

You can find the menthol crystals for the recipe on eBay (Gumby96 always has them on a buy it now for cheap).

For a premade liquid, I really liked the Mentha from VaporTalk. Good strong flavor and kick azz throat hit. Great stuff that I always recommend to anyone who doesn't want to mess with DIY. http://www.vaportalkstore.com/products/Vapor-Talk-Mentha-E-Liquid.html

Last edited:

ajfromCT

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2010
CT
Why not go to The Perfumer's Apprentice (great DIY flavor store), buy some menthol
and add to your taste. 1st class shipping is dirt cheap and Linda has a variety of other flavors that you might like.

Perfumers Apprentice - Professional Flavors for DIY

Menthol Liquid
Water based - no PG or VG
This is a blend of pure Menthol crystals and Food Grade Alcohol

4 ml - $1.50
15 ml - $3.00
1 oz - $5.00
4 oz - $13.00

DallasEd

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Texas
Why not go to The Perfumer's Apprentice (great DIY flavor store), buy some menthol
and add to your taste. 1st class shipping is dirt cheap and Linda has a variety of other flavors that you might like.

Perfumers Apprentice - Professional Flavors for DIY

Menthol Liquid
Water based - no PG or VG
This is a blend of pure Menthol crystals and Food Grade Alcohol

4 ml - $1.50
15 ml - $3.00
1 oz - $5.00
4 oz - $13.00
Good idea - I've been looking for a "vape ready" menthol. I haven't gotten into the DIY thing..........yet. This would be a good testing ground. I like the flavor of most all the menthols I've tried, but nothing gives me enough TH to satisfy something I'm missing by not smoking.

Thanks for the tip!

Ed.

snarkypaws

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2010
USA
I've found that I get the best menthol flavor by buying my favorite tobacco flavors and adding menthol juice to it. Specifically, StrictlyEJuice has Marl Menthol that has great flavor but is a little too mentholly (yes, I made that up) so I buy their Benson & Hedges and/or Ry4 (which I've developed a taste for) and mix with Marl Menthol in a separate bottle. I then have a great menthol juice and also some wonderful menthol-free tobacco when I'm in the mood for that. They have great prices and free shipping over $10. Can't beat that. Also fast shipping and good prices on accessories. Fyi, the Ry4 tasted like dirty socks at first but after about a week, it's sublime. In fact, all of their juice seems to improve exponentially after a week.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread