Looking for a mod upgrade ...maybe, has to work with Serpent Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bang4dabuck

Nov 6, 2016
Ok maybe my fault for creating misinterpretation.

1) I own a Serpent Mini and know how to build it
2) does dual coil enhance the flavor ? It seems not necessarily and I assume more for clouds.
3) putting 1 and 2 together I might as well go with another Serpent Mini. I'm sure further on down the road I'll try something else.

It also seems that the 3 or 4 dual mods mentioned here are about equal so I guess the features might be the deciding factor. On the Evic Dual 1 thing cool is that you get an extra battery compartment switch out if you want to go solo bat so a dual bat attachment that slides off and then you slide on the uni bat attachment to the face plate. It is up to 150 watts. The Evic Primo is 200W but is straight dual.

I apologize for any confusion and thank you all for the input.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eskie

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Ok maybe my fault for creating misinterpretation.

1) I own a Serpent Mini and know how to build it
2) does dual coil enhance the flavor ? It seems not necessarily and I assume more for clouds.
3) putting 1 and 2 together I might as well go with another Serpent Mini. I'm sure further on down the road I'll try something else.

It also seems that the 3 or 4 dual mods mentioned here are about equal so I guess the features might be the deciding factor. On the Evic 1 thing cool is that you get an extra battery compartment switch out if you want to go solo bat so a dual bat attachment that slides off and then you slide on the uni bat attachment to the face plate.

I apologize for any confusion and thank you all for the input.

Don't worry about it..

I have the Conqueror that is the "next" level from Wofoto and many compare it to the Serpent Mini quite a bit... (like it's the serpent's big dual coil brother) and I absolutely love it.

Dual or single, I don't see much of a real difference, it's more about airflow and the coil used and positioning. What I found was that the duals tend to have better airflow, but with the number of tanks out there (as single coils are starting to be back in vogue, I've noticed), there's probably a few that would be on par, actually my OBS Ace is one. A dual coil is basically ... well.. two coils, so it will vape a lot more liquid due to more surface... but with a decent size coil, you can do just fine with a single, and/or using Claptons.

The only "true" way to get more flavour is to use more PG which is the flavour carrier in your liquid, or have more concentrate, but then, too much and you numb your taste buds, so it's quite a balance.

If you're enjoying your Serpent mini, no real reason to switch, aside curiosity or features. Me, I prefer tanks that have a refill system that doesn't require taking a piece (the top usually) off), I prefer the sliding doors of the OBS tanks, or (even better) the Bachelor 2 approach of a top sliding door. (similar to the SMOK rotating top tanks).

The trouble with the Evic battery thing is that it is an additional piece. I guess it's ok if you want to switch it's size around, but I've not really heard anyone mention having this option being that useful, most end up just using the dual battery. I do remember someone saying that they had trouble with the compartments staying on properly.

That reminds me that another feature that appears pretty unique to the TC100W, is that you can use it with just one battery in it, due to being parallel and having the proper circuitry (dropping it to 75W max).

Last edited:

Bang4dabuck

Nov 6, 2016
Don't worry about it..

I have the Conqueror that is the "next" level from Wofoto and many compare it to the Serpent Mini quite a bit... (like it's the serpent's big dual coil brother) and I absolutely love it.

Dual or single, I don't see much of a real difference, it's more about airflow and the coil used and positioning. What I found was that the duals tend to have better airflow, but with the number of tanks out there (as single coils are starting to be back in vogue, I've noticed), there's probably a few that would be on par, actually my OBS Ace is one. A dual coil is basically ... well.. two coils, so it will vape a lot more liquid due to more surface... but with a decent size coil, you can do just fine with a single, and/or using Claptons.

The only "true" way to get more flavour is to use more PG which is the flavour carrier in your liquid, or have more concentrate, but then, too much and you numb your taste buds, so it's quite a balance.

If you're enjoying your Serpent mini, no real reason to switch, aside curiosity or features. Me, I prefer tanks that have a refill system that doesn't require taking a piece (the top usually) off), I prefer the sliding doors of the OBS tanks, or (even better) the Bachelor 2 approach of a top sliding door. (similar to the SMOK rotating top tanks).

The trouble with the Evic battery thing is that it is an additional piece. I guess it's ok if you want to switch it's size around, but I've not really heard anyone mention having this option being that useful, most end up just using the dual battery. I do remember someone saying that they had trouble with the compartments staying on properly.

That reminds me that another feature that appears pretty unique to the TC100W, is that you can use it with just one battery in it, due to being parallel and having the proper circuitry (dropping it to 75W max).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread