Status
Not open for further replies.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
;)

There are still quite a few tanks for cartos around. Fancy ones too. But for the best value, to me, I would recommend IBTanked. They are elegant simplicity at it's best. High quality, reasonably priced. They have never disappointed me or let me down. The owner of the company, OCD, has several threads on this Forum and is easily accessible. A big plus in my book!

Just about any carto will give you the tighter draw you want. But you may need to finesse it a bit as you go along eg size and number of holes or slots. Generally, Boges are tighter than Smok because the filler is denser. But reallly, don't stress over that now. Just get started. IBTanked only sells Smok and the bottom of the tube has a little skirt on it called a flange. I think those are great to get started with. Plus it's nice to order everything all from the same place in the beginning, cheaper shipping etc

No worries there, I have used up to 50/50 with no problems ever.

I have never hated a tank/clearo as much as I hated the Nautilus. They have many fans though, so different strokes and all that. I have a few of the GSAirs. I like them just fine. But I don't like them nearly as much as the cartos. Of course, YMMV.

If you do try carto tanks, I would say the most important thing is to learn to prime them properly. With proper priming, using non coil gunking juices, a carto can last up to a month! If you order from IBTanked, you will get a nice guide to using the cartos and a "thingie" that is like a 35mm film canister that will help get them properly saturated. You should also get a "refilling tool" which is really a long drip tip. It is indispensable! It will save your O rings from getting chewed up and they of course, are what keeps your tank from leaking!

I vape simple clear juices and to me, next to a rebuildable like the Kayfun, I get the best flavor from a carto. But but but like everything else in vaping, taste is subjective!

The carto users on the forum tend to be the "old timers" or ahem,;) the more experienced vapers! There's a reason for that! I hope you find the perfect vape for you. If you have any questions, you know where to find us! Good luck!

Sugar

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
;)

There are still quite a few tanks for cartos around. Fancy ones too. But for the best value, to me, I would recommend IBTanked. They are elegant simplicity at it's best. High quality, reasonably priced. They have never disappointed me or let me down. The owner of the company, OCD, has several threads on this Forum and is easily accessible. A big plus in my book!

Just about any carto will give you the tighter draw you want. But you may need to finesse it a bit as you go along eg size and number of holes or slots. Generally, Boges are tighter than Smok because the filler is denser. But reallly, don't stress over that now. Just get started. IBTanked only sells Smok and the bottom of the tube has a little skirt on it called a flange. I think those are great to get started with. Plus it's nice to order everything all from the same place in the beginning, cheaper shipping etc

No worries there, I have used up to 50/50 with no problems ever.

I have never hated a tank/clearo as much as I hated the Nautilus. They have many fans though, so different strokes and all that. I have a few of the GSAirs. I like them just fine. But I don't like them nearly as much as the cartos. Of course, YMMV.

If you do try carto tanks, I would say the most important thing is to learn to prime them properly. With proper priming, using non coil gunking juices, a carto can last up to a month! If you order from IBTanked, you will get a nice guide to using the cartos and a "thingie" that is like a 35mm film canister that will help get them properly saturated. You should also get a "refilling tool" which is really a long drip tip. It is indispensable! It will save your O rings from getting chewed up and they of course, are what keeps your tank from leaking!

I vape simple clear juices and to me, next to a rebuildable like the Kayfun, I get the best flavor from a carto. But but but like everything else in vaping, taste is subjective!

The carto users on the forum tend to be the "old timers" or ahem,;) the more experienced vapers! There's a reason for that! I hope you find the perfect vape for you. If you have any questions, you know where to find us! Good luck!

Sugar
Thanks so much for your informative reply, Sugar! I will check out IBtanked for sure. Funny you mentioned the Kayfun, I've been thinkng about that as well, I've read so much about it, but have been trying to avoid getting into the hobby of rebuilding haha. I wonder if I am missing out on great flavor though, so many seem to love those. As far as carto's go, I'm thinkng about buying some cartridges to fill with my NET liquid and using with an ego battery on the 510, or some of my smaller pen style batteries..though I think those are 808s, for portability. Do you ever do that? For a Carto tank, i want one to use on my Eleaf Istick 30W mods.
that was great information on the refilling tool to preserve Orings, I definitely don't want a leaking tank.
So on my list to try are a carto tank and a Kayfun, thats about the end of the line for now, I am not going to every go subohm, I want flavor, high nic, low clouds. :)

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
David M! One other thing to consider re carto tanks; I would advise you to go with the XL tank and cartos over the standard for

the simple reason that the XL cartos are much easier to source and that is the size that is usually found on sale. That said though,

I love the standards for their smaller profile! But if you were only going to get one carto tank, I would recommend the XL just

because of the general availability of the XL cartos and the opportunity to find that size on sale at different vendors.

Sugar
I was thinking about doing the XL, looking at the sizes, thank you!

10x sugar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
OC, NJ
but have been trying to avoid getting into the hobby of rebuilding haha

The Kayfun and other rebuildables are a world unto themselves, David! But should you ever want to scratch that itch, there are hundreds upon hundreds of posts on the forum to guide you.

wonder if I am missing out on great flavor though,

You might be surprised to find out how much the "right" drip tip on your carto tanks or others, enhances the juice flavor. Speaking broadly here and only from my own observations, a drip tip of moderate height, with a narrow bore, made of nearly any material EXCEPT chrome plated brass, brass, stainless steel or titanium will give better flavor than for example, a long, wide bored, stainless steel tip.

and using with an ego battery on the 510,

The least awkward looking carto tanks on an ego battery are the 15mm diameter ones. You will sacrifice liquid volume for looks and hand balance though, but an ego battery will not let you be a juice hog anyway. Since you are making an investment (carto tank) that should last you several years, you may want to consider a larger size, such as a 19mm or larger, that will grow with you and any new devices you may purchase in the future.

though I think those are 808s,

I am still occasionally using 808s that are two years old, and have never had a problem but I am using them up. It's a non standard connection these days and the plethora of new products on the market do not support it.

some cartridges to fill with my NET liquid
Do you ever do that?

Yes I do! But for the NETs, I use just the cartos without a tank. The cartos are unpunched (no holes in the side) and unflanged and therefore are much cheaper. The reason is the NETs will gunk a coil faster and those types of cartos can be found on close outs or clearance sales for as little as .20 to .50 cents each, so I don't mind that they may only last me a week or so.

But I punch my own too and I don't need the security of the flange anymore. One other thing regarding drip tips; make sure they fit snugly! Lube the O ring with a little juice before you fit inside the carto so you don't tear up the tip's O ring. The tank will slide up the carto without a snug drip tip and you may find yourself with a lap full of juice! Ugh!

I am not going to every go subohm, I want flavor, high nic, low clouds. :)

Tootle puffer for life here too!

Reactions: David Wolf

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
The Kayfun and other rebuildables are a world unto themselves, David! But should you ever want to scratch that itch, there are hundreds upon hundreds of posts on the forum to guide you.

You might be surprised to find out how much the "right" drip tip on your carto tanks or others, enhances the juice flavor. Speaking broadly here and only from my own observations, a drip tip of moderate height, with a narrow bore, made of nearly any material EXCEPT chrome plated brass, brass, stainless steel or titanium will give better flavor than for example, a long, wide bored, stainless steel tip.

The least awkward looking carto tanks on an ego battery are the 15mm diameter ones. You will sacrifice liquid volume for looks and hand balance though, but an ego battery will not let you be a juice hog anyway. Since you are making an investment (carto tank) that should last you several years, you may want to consider a larger size, such as a 19mm or larger, that will grow with you and any new devices you may purchase in the future.

I am still occasionally using 808s that are two years old, and have never had a problem but I am using them up. It's a non standard connection these days and the plethora of new products on the market do not support it.

Yes I do! But for the NETs, I use just the cartos without a tank. The cartos are unpunched (no holes in the side) and unflanged and therefore are much cheaper. The reason is the NETs will gunk a coil faster and those types of cartos can be found on close outs or clearance sales for as little as .20 to .50 cents each, so I don't mind that they may only last me a week or so.

But I punch my own too and I don't need the security of the flange anymore. One other thing regarding drip tips; make sure they fit snugly! Lube the O ring with a little juice before you fit inside the carto so you don't tear up the tip's O ring. The tank will slide up the carto without a snug drip tip and you may find yourself with a lap full of juice! Ugh!

Tootle puffer for life here too!
More great info, thank you again Sugar :D
I've already discovered what you said about the drip tips, I don't like the metal ones at all, when I firat got my Nautilus Mini, it had a metallic taste, replaced the drip tip with an acrylic tip, and that went away!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thanks so much for your informative reply, Sugar! I will check out IBtanked for sure. Funny you mentioned the Kayfun, I've been thinkng about that as well.

So on my list to try are a carto tank and a Kayfun, thats about the end of the line for now, I am not going to every go subohm, I want flavor, high nic, low clouds. :)

I used IBTanked cartotanks extensively for two years. A very affordable and high quality product. Highly recommended!

For the past year I've been using RBA's exclusively, including a Patriot dripper and a Kayfun Lite Plus.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
So far this summer, I've found that a carto/tank is something I can take out and about in the hot weather and not leak all over everything. My RTA's stay at home. I'll say again that IBT's are excellent for the price. Just ordered me another 22mm tank. Their cartos are decently priced also. If and when things get bad for us vapers, I want a stock of cartos, and tanks to fall back on.

10x sugar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
OC, NJ
I used IBTanked cartotanks extensively for two years. A very affordable and high quality product. Highly recommended!

I started using cartos and IBTANKED mostly because of your stellar recommendations! I am eternally thankful to you Baditude!:wub:

Sugar

10x sugar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
OC, NJ
So far this summer, I've found that a carto/tank is something I can take out and about in the hot weather and not leak all over everything.

True that Oplholik! Have you noticed that they also don't seem to be sensitive to elevation changes? I have! It's great not having to worry about a leaky tank due to pressure changes! :thumbs:

PS How are you liking your Provari Classic?

Sugar

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I've been up in the San Bernardino mountains, Big Bear, and Lake Arrowhead, and had no problems with a carto/tank s/u.
I don't know about a fast change in elevation tho, like taking off in a plane.
The Provari Classic is sweet, really enjoying it. I like the P3 also, but wouldn't get another as the Classic gives me all I need.
It's funny how things change. Awhile back I started down the road of acquiring Rebuildables, BF attys, and tanks to lessen my dependency on cartos and such, now I am stocking up on the cartos and tanks. :)

10x sugar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
OC, NJ
I like the P3 also, but wouldn't get another as the Classic gives me all I need.

I am glad you are happy and thank you very much for that reply; that's exactly what I needed to know!

It's funny how things change. Awhile back I started down the road of acquiring Rebuildables, BF attys, and tanks to lessen my dependency on cartos and such

now I am stocking up on the cartos and tanks. :)

I was so frustrated with the rebuildables about 18 months ago for several reasons; I was ready to pack it in and give cigalikes another try!:shock:

But finally, finally, I listened to Baditude and went "backwards", found my vaping bliss and haven't looked back either!

Yup, yup! Enjoying these fire sale prices as the venders stop stocking them, I wish more people would give them a try!

I think I screwed up the multi quotes, getting fancy there;), but I think you know what I am trying to say!

Sugar

Reactions: oplholik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread