Looking for a quality Mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StringBean30

Oct 13, 2014
Australia
Hi All,

I have been looking around for a new mod after having some issues with the RX300.

Was looking at the lost vape Triade DNA250 which looked like a good quality mod but don't want to have to stuff around with the escribe software.

I would prefer something with good battery life such as a triple 18650 device or duel with the option of being able to charge it on the go if I had too.

I would also like it to have a good 510 connection.

Can anyone recommend anything based on what I require?

StringBean30

Oct 13, 2014
Australia
Can I ask Why?
E-Scribe is what really sets the DNA's apart from all the other stuff.
It's easy to use & has unlimited customizable ability.

I don't believe I would have the knowledge and patience to sit there and work it all out. From what I have seen on YT it doesn't exactly look easy to use in my opinion anyway.

Reactions: Steamer861

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
I get it, it looks a lot harder than it is. If your looking for a "good quality" mod that you can just put batteries in & go. I would recommend a Yihi Mod, I have a Q class with an SX450, dual battery mod, it's well built, I never plugged it in to their software. I just put batteries in it & it vapes nice :)

IMO the DNA's are the best, because of E-Scribe, but if you don't think you would like to learn it, it's up to you :)

Reactions: Eskie

RayRay69

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2015
Therion DNA250 is the best mod for money right now. The E scribe software is incredible but no one says you have to use it. The mod is fantastic if you just put batts in and go. For 150.00 you can't get a better mod for your money.

Also agree that the YiHi SX450J mini mini is a great mod. And don't need to use any software. Everything is in the mod.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I agree with RayRay.

You don't HAVE to use Escribe to use a mod with an Evolv DNA chip. The basic functions are accessible right on the mod.

Though why pay for something you don't need or want?

A Yihi or Omni board may be all you will ever need. An SX Mini is very nice, and if you want an Omni powered device you may want to look at the Vaporesso Tarot Pro for around 50-60 bucks. It'a a LOT cheaper than a Rvenant, and better looking.

Seesull

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
United States
Joyetech (any...Eleaf, Wismec...) with ArcticFox do not need eScribe...

DNA is overpriced and overrated. Try that ArcticFox and You will be surprised...definitely. I, for one, am happy with that.

NFE Team
Probably with those chips is that they die much quicker and are not as reliable in the long run.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Probably with those chips is that they die much quicker and are not as reliable in the long run.
I've got nothing against Evolv, but there are plenty of reports of DNA chips failing. Personally, all my Joyetech/Wismec/Eleaf mods are still going strong (as is the sole one using a DNA chip).

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: dobroeutro

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I have a few joyetech and Wismec devices but I also have a few DNA 200 and 250 mods. The reason i have them s because they carry one year warranty on the board and my devices they are in are lifetime warranty.

Joyetech and Wismec do not offer either of those warranties I would just spend nother $40 to get another if it died on me. My DNA devices are fixed without spending money,beside the postage.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I have a few joyetech and Wismec devices but I also have a few DNA 200 and 250 mods. The reason i have them s because they carry one year warranty on the board and my devices they are in are lifetime warranty.

Joyetech and Wismec do not offer either of those warranties I would just spend nother $40 to get another if it died on me. My DNA devices are fixed without spending money,beside the postage.
The price of the DNA is also considerably higher though, and if not living in the US the shipping will be prohibitively expensive.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The price of the DNA is also considerably higher though, and if not living in the US the shipping will be prohibitively expensive.

I thought the were several manufacturers in Europe building with DNA boards, or at least in the UK. I have no idea what the prices are like with shipping and VAT to Sweden, and I'm sure it ends up considerably higher than say in the US. I imagine you could also order from one of the Chinese vendors like FT, although it's a risk of having issues should service be required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread