Looking for a replacement RY4

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
I too have been a fan Mr Vape RY4 for over a year. I am looking for a replacement so will be following this forum.

I have Doodlebugs RY4. The difference between this and Mr Vape is that Doodlebugs is a naturally extracted tobacco (NET) whereas Mr Vape is/was an artificial tobacco. Because of this the taste is different although I do like Doodlebugs. I do like NETs however Doodlebugs is not a replacement for Mr Vape and is another type of RY4 for me. Doodlebugs uses surcalose which many do not notice the sweetness however my brain sends me an a very sweet taste. Doodlebugs is using another sweetener for me as a result. It is inexpensive so worth a try to see if you like it or not.

I did order a bottle of Ohm’s Vape which I expect to receive this week sometime. In the meantime my hunt continues for a RY4 as close to Mr Vape as possible.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I am in the same quest. I tried so many RY4 back in the day and Mr Vape won. Butterfly's had one very similar to Mr Vape, but they closed quite a while ago. I followed the Big RY4 thread for years until it quieted down. Still watch and that's where I found the link to this thread.

emberl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2009
florida
I did order a bottle of the Doodlebug's ejuice last week, I don't like it at all.
It has a heavy and nasty aftertaste.
I'm also looking in the HUGE RY4 thread.
I know the poster who started it made a list every now and then of the 10 best RY4 e-juices.
That's how I found Mr. Vape.
So, I'll keep looking, and update if I can.
Thanks you all.

thehangdude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Living in Indiana, I have not been able to get many ejuices sent to my home. I even missed out on the last Mr Vape sale (dagnabbit).

So what I need is very similar, but a recipe (DIY) for a flavor like Mr Vape or Butterfly's RY4s.

Well, I'm following this thread in case. :)

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
Here is a link from the big RY4 forum started by billherbst that talks about DiY: The Really Big RY4 Roundup (long). I am not a DiY person however this may be helpful for those interested in giving it a try. There may be more information in this forum on DiY so you may want to try doing a search.

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I've tried a ton of RY4s including Iken. Back in the day when it was almost impossible to get Iken I tried an RY4 from a local B&M and was hooked. It's been over three years now and I have tried a few others but always go back to these guys. Just a great clean, crisp RY4 imho.
Mister-E-Liquid "Mr-E's RY4" Premium E-Liquid

Reactions: Katdarling

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I've tried a ton of RY4s including Iken. Back in the day when it was almost impossible to get Iken I tried an RY4 from a local B&M and was hooked. It's been over three years now and I have tried a few others but always go back to these guys. Just a great clean, crisp RY4 imho.
I have had Mr-E's RY4. For me, too much Caramel and no vanilla.. Wasn't bad, just not my "idea" of an RY4. Needs the vanilla.

JMHO

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I am in the same quest. I tried so many RY4 back in the day and Mr Vape won. Butterfly's had one very similar to Mr Vape, but they closed quite a while ago. I followed the Big RY4 thread for years until it quieted down. Still watch and that's where I found the link to this thread.

c - is that thread STILL active? I used to spend WAY too much time on there. ;)

So Rebel, do you find this one that similar to Isaac's RY4?

tribeca baby.. that's my favourite..
Now in high Vg/low nic or the usual PG based high nic (or low nic).
Is just delicious with great vapour production.
halocigs.com

Ahhh, Tribeca. Wow, did I vape a LOT of that. And tho it's an incredible vliquid, I still preferred Isaac's RY4.

Vesh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2017
That's fair enough! Out of all the ones I tried, it was my favourite.. but granted, i have tried only 7 different RY4's. I didn't really bother trying to find another one after tribeca, as it leaves this taste in my mouth that has me licking my lips after a draw, which for me is a sign of "just stick with it" lol.
I'd be willing to try another one if there's a high Nic version, just for the sake of it. Why not. But I am finding these days that 6mg max and high VG is all the rage with most vendors (i.e zero throat hit of any kind).

PS, 24 mg tribeca in an aspire pockex at 0.6 ohm is a MTL dream with good throat hit. Don't worry about the 0.6 ohm rating, the airflow is MTL tuned and it's perfectly safe to vape high nic in it.

Reactions: MacTechVpr

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
c - is that thread STILL active? I used to spend WAY too much time on there. ;)

It's still out there Kat, just gets lost until someone posts. Not really active but I still refer to it. We had a great going there for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread