Looking for a replacement RY4

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRG4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2013
Sarasota, Florida, United States
I asked on the long roundup page but this page might be a little bit for viewed these days so... I was wondering if anyone has tried Backwood Blend's RY4? Backwood Brew had a very popular version of RY4 back in the day. However I wasn't fortunate enough to be able to buy any while it was available. So when I saw Backwood Blends has an RY4 on their site I jumped on it. Come to find out one of the co-owners of Backwood Brew is the owner of Backwood Blends. So I have high hopes that it's going to be good.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I have some Backwoods Blends RY4 I bought last April, it doesn't have enough flavor for me. They say tho it needs about 6 months to fully steep, so that's what it's doing now, sitting and steeping. To be fair tho, my buds are pretty whacked after 55 years of smoking.

PRG4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2013
I have some Backwoods Blends RY4 I bought last April, it doesn't have enough flavor for me. They say tho it needs about 6 months to fully steep, so that's what it's doing now, sitting and steeping. To be fair tho, my buds are pretty whacked after 55 years of smoking.
10-4, mine's steeping too. I tried a tank full last night. My first take is that it's tobacco strong. That being said, it has a very nice smooth tobacco taste. That says a lot because although I love RY4 I don't really like any other tobacco vapes. So for my first taste being strong tobacco and I still enjoyed it very much says a lot about the quality and time BWBlends puts into their product. I'm not sure if I can hold off for 6 months but I will give it a month and I'll keep my finger crossed that it has blossomed into a beautiful array of flavors.

Reactions: oplholik

PRG4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2013
Are you saying las
Mine is coming up on 2 months old. In a couple weeks I'm gonna drip a little bit, and try it.
Awesome! Please let us know how you like it.

PRG4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2013
I ordered Vape Wild's RY4 which arrived yesterday. It's my first time ordering for Vape Wild. They throw in 3free 10ml bottles with my order. I like that! Included in my order was a small card reading steep time is at least 2weeks and enjoy. My Vape Moar Mellow order arrived as well. As soon as they've steeped I'll let you all know my take.

Reactions: oplholik

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
Not an RY4 user but as a DIY everyone has different taste buds.
One vendor can have what some folks may say is the best RY4 but another may try it and say it has to much vanilla and or caramel for their liking.

I believe that big thread RY4 may bring up some recipes (not sure) that is if your a DIY so one may make small batches until they find the right combination that suits there personal taste buds.

PRG4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2013
Hello everyone,
I tried the Vape Moar "Mellow" that I purchased a couple of weeks ago. It has a very light gold color to it, at this point I'm thinking this has a good change in being good. Once I opened the bottle it was clear as day that It has an overwhelming nut flavor to it. It smell like nut, it vapes like nut, so much that that's the only flavor I can taste. It's so much nut flavor that my exhaled vapor still smells like freakin nut. Now for those of you out there that love nuts and nut vapes this might be perfect for you. Me on the other hand I really don't care for nuts especially not nut vapes. Unfortunately I didn't care for "Mellow" at all. So, I'll put that bottle aside for now. Maybe I'll come back to it months down the road and a miracle will happen and (for me) it will have changed into something vapeable.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
what you say is pretty true to how I read the flavor, but I'm thinkin' there is just enuff tobacco that if you removed it, the taste would be a candy...
the name is Mellow Gold, I think it is caramel heavy - and it is strong enuff you can play around with it adding plenty of things - I've been thinning it some with PG (it's 90% VG)
this is right in my flavor house, I really like it - especially if I dress it up some for a change... JMO :blush:
upload_2017-5-27_13-3-5.png

and even a big 30% saving his weekend, if anyone dares ;)

upload_2017-5-27_13-20-51.png
upload_2017-5-27_13-21-12.png

upload_2017-5-27_13-58-45.png

Reactions: Katdarling

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Puffz, you're a very bad man.

Next thing ya know, I'll be ordering this, and a Primo Mini to vape it........ ;)

SusceptibleKat~

Ooops. Too late. ;)

Ordered!

didn't we do this before and you were STOPPED in your tracks due to HIGH VG 90% ? ? ? ? ? ? (hope not)

it is strong enuff you COULD thin it a bit...

:smokie:

Reactions: Katdarling

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Your recollection, impeccable, Pufferz. Yes, that was a stop gap, but (as you said) I realized I can always up the PG now knowing that it's a pretty strong flave. Even if I don't up it, I can still take some vapes from a high VG - just not a steady and total diet of it.

Reactions: pufZeppelin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread