Status
Not open for further replies.

nick779

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh
Hey everyone,

Just getting back into vaping a bit and picked up an aspire pocketx. Pretty nuts how good these starter devices have come. Ive found that with this device I start with MTH, inhale and keep going a bit with MTL. Pretty good flavor, and decent vapor imo.

I just purchased a mini box mod, the eVic Basic just as something to just a regular tank on that is still very compact.

Along with that I purchased an Nautilus X because of the size, its nice, compact and only holds 2ml. I have not tried this tank yet, but the mixed reviews are starting to make me think I made a mistake with this and should have went with like a nautilus 2 or similar.

Am I over worrying about the N-X or should I be looking at another compact tank?

Can you guys suggest other BVC, high vapor production tanks that are on the smaller side of things?

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The newer Nauti X 1.8 coil has been getting good reviews from users over the older, original 1.5 ohm coil. The Nauti X also allows the use of an extender kit to increase volume to 4 ml. The Nauti 2 uses Nauti BVC coils as the earlier models and is limited to 2 ml only. Which is the better solution for you, that's something you need to weigh and decide.

nick779

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh
I have a Nautilus X that I'm perfectly happy with. Is there anything in particular you're concerned about? Oh, and @Eskie is right about the coils. I do like the 1.8 ohm much better than the 1.5.

I have an early Nautilus X that has never given me any problems at all and still using the 1.5Ω coils. The only thing that I can say is an inconvenience with the U-Tech coils is they do take a bit longer to prime because of the design.

Just concerned with the mixed reviews of burning coils and overall bad performance. Im really enjoying a ~22w with the .6 coil in my Aspire that I picked up, so I didnt know if I would be losing substantial vapor production by using a higher resistance coil in the N-X.

Any tips for me though? I heard to prime for like 15 minutes, and take a few low power puffs @ ~7w before ramping up.

With my aspirex, I just filled, let it sit for 10 and went to town.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Just concerned with the mixed reviews of burning coils and overall bad performance. Im really enjoying a ~22w with the .6 coil in my Aspire that I picked up, so I didnt know if I would be losing substantial vapor production by using a higher resistance coil in the N-X.

Any tips for me though? I heard to prime for like 15 minutes, and take a few low power puffs @ ~7w before ramping up.

With my aspirex, I just filled, let it sit for 10 and went to town.

I think you can use the PockeX coils in the Nautilus X, so that should be a non-issue. Priming would be the same. When I forgot to prime my Nautilus X coils I just waited 5 - 10 minutes and it was fine.

Reactions: dobroeutro

nick779

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2009
Pittsburgh
I suppose that's something I can try.

Any other options? I'm picking up a 40w mod and was also eyeballing the clieto or maybe the baby beast, but the baby beast might need more wattage to function properly. Worst comes to worst I can return it though.

My local shop also carries the Nautilus v2 so that's an option as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread