looking for a small sturdy mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been smoke free for bought 3 or 4 months now. I started out with a simple pen kit my wife got me then i got the vamo v5... freaking awesome! paired with the asper vivi nova s with the nautilus BVC's in it; i couldn't be happier! but my job and lifestyle requires something a little smaller and more simple to carry on a daily basis. I'm thinking about going to the nautilus with a mech mod and a kick, probably with a 18650 battery. I was wondering what you've found to be a simple, and sturdy apv/mod. Smaller is better, but I am really concerned about something sturdy enough to be in my pocket all day long.

Busted knuckles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
Portland, Oregon.
I've been carrying a microstick with a spheroid for over a year now, they've held up very well.
The microstick is mechanical but I've modified it to accept a regulator.
you can see how i did it, just search ecf for "I kicked my little donkey".

It's the smallest regulated mod I've found, and i wouldn't worry too much if I dropped it off a roof or ran it over with a truck! It's solid!

What ever you decide on, good luck.

Thespis

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
Texas
I've been carrying an Istick with a mini Nautilus (or sometimes even a Lemo Drop) in my pocket since October. I don't use an adapter. I'm a theatre teacher and I'm very active for 10-12 hours a day. I do carpentry work, get in and out of the man lift, climb ladders, and even crawl around on the floor with my acting classes. I have had no incidents and I'm very pleased with the setup.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I just upgraded from EGO1100mah batts and MPT3 tank. Just got a Brass Origin clone, a VW Kick, a Kayfun 3.1, 30 feet of 30g and 2 batts. Loving it. Best $50 I have spent on Vaping so far. Set-up with an 18650 batt and the kick the Origin with the Kayfun is about 3/4" taller than the EGO and PT3. Nano tank and the other Kafun base would make it shorter than the EGO set-up.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Currently at work, I use and iStick w/bending adapter, topped with a Kanger EMOW Mega. Pull out of pock, fold tank into place, vape, fold up and put away. Easy-peesy

The eGrip was on my Yule list: will see if I get it tonight ;). And planning on getting a Billet Box for my natal day

The Billet Box is a work of art. I love mine and would rather have it that any of my other mods. One of the best things about it is all the accessories they're coming upwith and already have so you're not restricted to one vaping style. I'm currently using a carto in mine and I'm on month 3 with this same carto. I'm wondering if it'll ever quit.

I love my eGrip aside from a few small niggles.

I wish it had a screen so you could dial in power exactly instead of guess'ta'mating where you are between 8~20w based on where the dial is and knew exact battery level instead of the guess from how the led is blinking.

There is only a 1.5ohm coil for it, though you can get an RBA base and build your own coils. The stock coils don't really wick fast enough to use more than maybe two clicks up from 8w (which is about 12w), but the RBA base can run all the way up to 20w if you wick it right.

Have to use a needle point bottle to fill it, droppers won't work. Well actually you can, but you have to remove the whole coil and fill from the bottom instead of using the filling port. I just use 10ml needle bottles.

There is a little runup from when you fire it until the vapor starts flowing into your mouth. But that is pretty much a side effect of the distance between the coil and the end of the drip tip (like 4"+) and very little you can do about it. Not a big issue though.

Adjusting the airflow requires a little screwdriver and you have to be careful not to cover the intake with your hand. I just do the proper gentleman/lady tea drinking gester (point your pinkie up) and have no problem.

In depth cleaning is a... not nice word. I take the coil out, put the base back on, and fill it with distilled water. Close the door and shake it up really good. Base off, pour out water, and use a couple of qtips to clean as best I can.

------

Baring all that, the thing kicks out crazy vapor for its size and power. Like with the stock coils on the lowest (8w) setting nothing but my subohm tanks or RBA/RDA/DDA can touch it. Really dense full of flavor vapor. The airhole, coil, and chimney/drip tip are a straight line that Joye seems to have done some careful sizing and airflow work on, along with optimizing the stock coil for the setup.

Power and juice for days. Well not really depending on how much you vape but it holds 3.8ml (actually closer to 4ml but they say 3.8) and I've gone two or three days without a recharge. Plus if you have a needle tip bottle it is very easy to refill (trust me on this, you want a needle tip bottle).

Surprisingly solid, heavy, and well made. When you just look at it, you wouldn't think it weighs as much as it does. Really solid well made device that feels like you could club someone with it and it wouldn't even scratch it (not recommending you test that though). Since it is all enclosed in a solid block of metal (besides to long slim and recessed windows to view your juice level) it does not have any of the structural weakness you get from a tank on a 510 connection. Won't snap or leak in your pocket.

Shape fits the hand and pocket very well. I have long slender hands and it feels just right. If you have big mitts then it might be a little small for you though. Also slips right into a pocket real easy. I have one of those alluminum wallets and it is smaller.

As I said, overall I love it and it is my go-to device when I am out and about or doing something rough and tumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread