Looking for advise from other Mom and Pop fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckyblue

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
Los Angeles
Hi, all. So far, on my very long vaping journey, the juices I got from Mom and Pop have been my very favorite! Now, that said, I'm pretty darn sensitive to PG. Too much triggers the bit of rosacea that's been passed down on my mom's side (thanks, Mom:p!). But I have found, like everyone else, that PG really is a superior flavor-carrier. I'm wondering how low on the PG some of my fellow fans have gone on the PG (and on which juices, specifically) without a marked change for the worse in the flavor of Mom and Pop's creations? Thanks, in advance, for any feedback:)!

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Give alien Visions a try.Ben is allergic to pg but can tolerate it at 10/90.He gets over the less flavor from vg barrier barrier by mixing in more flavoring. At least that sems to be the popular consensus among fans.

You couldnt tell from trying my Hype that it was 90 percent vg.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
Hi, all. So far, on my very long vaping journey, the juices I got from Mom and Pop have been my very favorite! Now, that said, I'm pretty darn sensitive to PG. Too much triggers the bit of rosacea that's been passed down on my mom's side (thanks, Mom:p!). But I have found, like everyone else, that PG really is a superior flavor-carrier. I'm wondering how low on the PG some of my fellow fans have gone on the PG (and on which juices, specifically) without a marked change for the worse in the flavor of Mom and Pop's creations? Thanks, in advance, for any feedback:)!

Have you asked about having it made with the minimum PG necessary (most flavourings use PG as the carrier) and just adding in more flavouring to compensate? Tami is keen on adjusting the recipes to people's specific needs, and she keeps the info in a database so that whenever you reorder the customization will be automatic...

:)

all_in_ashes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
So Cal
I have ordered 100% VG from Mom and Pop and they have been very accommodating. I have tried 100% VG with Apple Pie, Grasshopper, Grape Ape, Bianca's Bliss, Pchelas Poison and Butterfly Bait.

I thought the PG in liquids was aggravating my eczema so I cut the PG entirely. Eczema didn't.improve so I went back to Mom and Pop house blend when reordering Grasshopper and Grape Ape. I think the flavor difference was there but not extreme enough to affect my enjoyment of the flavor. Maybe they adjusted the recipe a bit. I eventually started eliminating specific liquids until I found the one I thought was causing the reaction. I quit this juic
e and the eczema has improved, but I also changed soaps and my moisturizing regimen...so ::shrug:: BTW the liquid I quit was a 100% VG liquid, but from another vendor. Hope this helps. Cheers!

Edit: Even with 100% VG I believe the flavorings still have PG so there is still a small amount present.

Last edited:

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Have you asked about having it made with the minimum PG necessary (most flavourings use PG as the carrier) and just adding in more flavouring to compensate? Tami is keen on adjusting the recipes to people's specific needs, and she keeps the info in a database so that whenever you reorder the customization will be automatic...

:)

^^this is awesome!
So, when I place my order, (it seems like I should order one of each flavor to try:facepalm:)
...if I understand correctly, I can put a note in the comments that I would like all VG or as much as possible:) ?

omg I'll be a happy camper:p

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011

Edit: Even with 100% VG I believe the flavorings still have PG so there is still a small amount present.

There is one flavouring company that only offers their flavours in a VG base, and some of the other companies offer some of their flavours in VG as well as PG, so it is possible to get some juices in a true 100% VG, but compared to the number of juices out there across all vendors it's still relatively rare. Many vendors used to consider a juice as "100% VG" if the only PG in it came from the flavourings, but with the increased awareness of the sensitivity some people have to any amount of VG that is changing.

It's still best to double-check a claim of "100% VG" if it's important to you that it not even be 1 or 2% (or 5%) PG, but it is possible to find 100% VG.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
^^this is awesome!
So, when I place my order, (it seems like I should order one of each flavor to try:facepalm:)
...if I understand correctly, I can put a note in the comments that I would like all VG or as much as possible:) ?

omg I'll be a happy camper:p

Exactly. Here's a "dead" thread from about a year ago that covers most questions that might come up, I think. If it raises any more that's fine, but the ECF software automatically locks threads after so many days of inactivity so you'll have to post any other questions here, or start a new thread ;)

P0P

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
C'Ville Virginia
momandpopvaporshop.com
Give Alien Visions a try.Ben is allergic to pg but can tolerate it at 10/90.He gets over the less flavor from vg barrier barrier by mixing in more flavoring. At least that sems to be the popular consensus among fans.

You couldnt tell from trying my Hype that it was 90 percent vg.

LMAO yes i do believe we are on the same team Richmond Va tells me that :)
(Edit) that of course is if its Va:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread