Looking for atty before I get my Reo grands LP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Campbell River, BC, Canada
Up to very recently I knew I was going to get the RM2 for the 2 LP Grands I will be getting soon. Chowderhead has recommended the Atomic, the only reviews I have found were for the dripper atty, it generally got good reviews but users said it leaked. Can anyone give me their own impressions of the Atomic on a Reo, is it easy to build on, flavor and vaper?

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Like liquids, atty's came be a love, so-so or hate thing for different users. So the only way to really know is to try it yourself. That was my plan anyway when I ventured into bottom fed for the first time with Reos. Wasn't a plan without flaws though ending up with 40+ bf atty's with about half of them I don't use.

FWIW, the RM4 Rob offers is also a modded Atomic (I have no idea whose version of it he starts with though)... the one I got from CH about 9 months ago is an EHPro Atomic clone he bf'd. It didn't work for my uses so hasn't been used since (has nothing to do with who modded it, I just don't like the atty). :2c: I'm more into the smaller atty's, that's my main niche, and the only mid size atty's I run on my Reos are Nuppin's. I found that I am also not a fan of the larger atty's either (learned that by buying a bunch of them I don't use either).

So I'm getting by fine using RM2's, RM3's or an IGO-S on 3 mini Woodvil's and the VVG, VA Cyclones on my big Woodvil's, a Hornet on the Mini OG and Chalice and Nuppin' atty's on all the Mini 2.1's and all but one LP Grand (still short 1 Nuppin' base so have a Lancia on that one).

Robinowitz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
No. Cal.
I haven't used an Atomic, so I can't speak to that. I tend to like flavor first and foremost and build single coils. Big clouds are fun but not when they get in the way of taste. Because of those "requirements" I like the RM2, RM3 (single coil cap) and the small Igo (can't remember the initial) off of Rob's site. Don't let the small price tag spook you on the last one. It's a little machine for my purposes.

What is important to you? Flavor, vapor, single/dual?

Reactions: rudy4653

Danrogers

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Campbell River, BC, Canada
At this point I am still using my Mini PT2, I like vaping MTL, I will most likely do single coils on what ever atty I use on the LP Reo Grand. The reason I initially picked the Rm2 was it produced great flavor and good vapour, after watching a SXD video I asked Chowderhead' what he thought about the Rm2, he told me he could not recommend it and suggested I try the Atomic.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I'm sure Chowderheads has his reasons.....you might ask him to get more specific....but I recommend the RM2, especially for MTL and flavor. Up until I got my Chalice III, that's all I used. And I loved them. The Chalice III is pretty sweet, too, if you're willing to spend the cash. I'm totally MTL and all about flavor, and those two are my favorite. I will say, I've never used an Atomic, so take my opinion for what it is -- my opinion.

X-Puppy

Cloud Hound!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Marysville, Washington, USA
Chowderhead doesn't care for the quality of the RM2. It's plated brass and he prefers solid stainless steel atty's.

If you were to stick to MTL flavor and maybe want a higher quality atty you might consider a nuppin, a cyclone, a Divo or a hornet. Also the previously mentioned RM3 or the more expensive chalice III from Rob's site.

Most of the bigger atty's do better with dual coils, more air flow and are more suited for lung hits. Not that you can't get good flavor that way but it's a very different style of vaping.

If you wanted to experiment with dual coils MTL style the RM3 would be a good starting point. Rob carries both the single and dual coil versions of it. 1 air hole cap vs a 2 air hole cap.

The RM2 sets the standard for a MTL great flavor atty that others try to meet or exceed!

I'm also one of those who has a pile of atty's through my journey in figuring out what I prefer. (The flavored lung hits of the Marquis.) :)

cadman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Oklahoma
I just got a bottom feed EH Pro Atomic clone thru the classifieds. Running dual coil 26 guage at .4 ohms, it is a great atomizer. It will hang with the big dog atomizers, easy to build deck, lots of vapor (50/50 juice) and good flavor. Air flow wide open is huge compared to the RM2, but, it is adjustable.

The hole in the center post is a little small, 26 guage wire was a little hard to get both legs in the hole, probably couldn't use 24 guage. It has leaked thru the air holes on me a couple of times, usually when I do a squonk/ forget I squonked/ squonk......
I think it is a good little atomizer.

20150503_040904.jpg

20150503_040928.jpg

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
At this point I am still using my Mini PT2, I like vaping MTL, I will most likely do single coils on what ever atty I use on the LP Reo Grand. The reason I initially picked the Rm2 was it produced great flavor and good vapour, after watching a SXD video I asked Chowderhead' what he thought about the Rm2, he told me he could not recommend it and suggested I try the Atomic.

It's funny...people follow that man's recommendations....and there are TONS of actual users of the RM2 that swear by it! I've been using the RM2 since Rob first introduced them, tried others, and still come back to them. Now I have an RM3/single cap too.

Perhaps he wants folks to buy only what he sells?

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
My RM4 is a good atty. Single or double coil. I can mouth to lung hit with a single coil using the smallest air hole made even smaller by rotating the ring to half closed. Juice does want to leak from the air hole ring and carrying a napkin is a must. The flavor is a step down from the RM2 and the RM2 does not leak.

Consider a Magma from catfish. It's great for MTL or direct lung hits, as good a flavor maker as the RM2 and does not leak.

Reactions: Silver1

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
So of course people have differing opinions on atties - but you asked!
So - coming from a protank, with a MTL draw, here's what I think:

1 - RM2 is a tried and tested atomizer, that HUNDREDS of people loved right away with their Reo. Great starter. I don't have one, lol.

2 - Cyclone is a great idea - and you could get standard AND AFC caps. The standard cap is a tight draw - but if you want a little more air, just like the RM2, you could drill the hole a bit. As long as the hole stays smallish, it doesn't leak. The AFC would let you open things up for airier draw - which you MIGHT WELL SHIFT TOWARDS. A lot of people do... You can also do dual coils. It CAN leak out the airholes though...

Other options - all naturally tighter, MTL atomizers and available often from classifieds or Chowderhead: Reactor, Divo, ERA, Hornet, PDA. Then there's also the Chalice III, possibly the end-game if you decide you're definitely not going to go the 22mm/big-air route.

Bottom line: maybe get an RM2 and a Cyclone, and take it from there!

collection2.JPG

Divo, Cyclone, CycloneAFC,Reactor, RM4/Atomic, Chalice lying down.

Roscoe01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
North Dakota
Buy a rm2 and a rm4 and u will have the whole range of vaping styles covered. I have both and they are both excellent attys. I have outgrown the rm2 but the rm4 is still in rotation as I have moved more towards lung hits. I have many other 22mm attys and none have yet to dethrone the rm4 for my vaping style.

Reactions: Walter Ego

sc12

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2013
USA
It's funny...people follow that man's recommendations....and there are TONS of actual users of the RM2 that swear by it! I've been using the RM2 since Rob first introduced them, tried others, and still come back to them. Now I have an RM3/single cap too.

Perhaps he wants folks to buy only what he sells?
I use and love the RM2. Tons of flavor. How does the RM3 compare?

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Haven't yet got a Reo but for me I wouldn't be considering one if it wasn't for Chowderhead modifying attys to bottom fed.
Just not taken by the stock bottom fed attys I've seen.
Actually, the RM2, RM3, RM4, and IGO-S that we're talking about are all dripping attys that Rob (REO) has modified. The only one he sells on the site that he didn't modify is the (recently added) Chalice III.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
I use and love the RM2. Tons of flavor. How does the RM3 compare?

Only my opinion, but I would say equal, except that the cap pushes on, pulls off. And you can get single hole or duel holes in the cap, for single or duel coils.

Reactions: sc12

Swamper

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Glendora n.j. USA
After a lot of attys I to have settled into the RM2, I have 3 in use each one having a little bigger air flow, MTL up to direct lung what ever I'm into for the day. And one brand new one stashed away for back up, good flavor, vapor, quality, no leaking easy build and a price tag that can't be beat IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread