Looking for hardware upgrade suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallmeRage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2014
Queens,NY,USA
Hello everyone, i havent been on this ecf for over a year but i am in need of a new device and looking for recommendations. I have been vaping on a stingray mod with a igo-l for a year more or less. It has been amazing and has never let me down still fires like the first day i got it. I am now looking into upgrading to a box mod for more power. Ive been into tube mods so i know very little about box mods I have knowledge on ohms, builds, battery limits, etc. Some specs i want are: around $100 (150 if it is really really worth it), handles .3 builds, comfortable to hold, not to complicated to use, good battery life, not really sure about watts. ANY advice is welcome. I know this is a lot to ask for but i want something i wont have to replace for a while. Something strong and well worth the money. Thanks :)

maltbys25

Verified Member
Mar 15, 2015
orlando fl usa
If you want power i would recommend the sigelei 100w plus can get one for around $90 its a really awesome box i love or or if you want you can go with an istick 50w its fits a little more comfortablly in the hand and it is a single 18650 vs dual in the sig i have both an love them both. Hope this helps

Vape on Live on :toast:

Reactions: greatimp81

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I can't suggest which Regulated Mod to get, I use a mech... But I can say what I would look for. When I get a regulated mod I want it to be able to run my Every Day set-up at the wattage level I normally vape UP To a minimum 100% more. For me since I vape at 8-10 watts. Thats not much of a regulated mod. For the .3ohm build, I wouldn't even consider less than 75watts.

dbirdb

Apr 12, 2015
Northern Virginia
I have the Sigelei 100w plus and I'm very happy with it. I currently subohm at .5 using Atlantis and Kanger subtanks(@ 22.8 watts). I like it cause it produces just the right clouds I want. And, I know I can go lower ohms, if I want. So, it seems a bit future proof, for now. Much better than the Innokin MVP 3. Much better. I use Efest batteries 2100 mah, and they last a day and a half(I consider myself a heavy vapor). You can get one for $85 or less. I got my gold one for about $75 with a coupon.

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
for some reason,on my mechs,I used to build about 0.2 ohms...so do the quick math,by logic I should be needing something in the 100watt range...

then due to budget concerns,i ended up with an ipv mini 2,so that like 70watts full power right?
thing is ive been vaping something from 20w-30watts and haven't found the need to go way up 70watts...

if there is a test unit or a buddy you can borrow from,i suggest you do,before pulling the trigger :)

Reactions: K_Tech

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
for some reason,on my mechs,I used to build about 0.2 ohms...so do the quick math,by logic I should be needing something in the 100watt range...

then due to budget concerns,i ended up with an ipv mini 2,so that like 70watts full power right?
thing is ive been vaping something from 20w-30watts and haven't found the need to go way up 70watts...

if there is a test unit or a buddy you can borrow from,i suggest you do,before pulling the trigger :)
I bought my Mini 2 after my Istick 50 crapped out on me. For a budget vape, this is a really good device, so far. I got the black one and the paint job stinks, but I bought a silicone sleeve for it on fleabay for like $6.

Reactions: zeus01

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
I bought my Mini 2 after my Istick 50 crapped out on me. For a budget vape, this is a really good device, so far. I got the black one and the paint job stinks, but I bought a silicone sleeve for it on fleabay for like $6.

istick 50 has a lot of issues...

I went with silver ,since the paint job is known issue,so far,looks still great,even with a few battle scars on it

Reactions: K_Tech

jrlakeman

Mar 25, 2015
I have 2 sigelie 50w vr2 as i dont go much past 40w so they all i need. Anyways they both run like a clock niether one has ever miss fired and survived many drops on pavement so they pretty rugged. Im sure the 100w right up there with quality too and its only a lil bit more money now than the 50w. Theres also a flood of tc coming out mostly around your price range but it will be untested territory...

greatimp81

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
Portland, Oregon, United States
If you want power i would recommend the sigelei 100w plus can get one for around $90 its a really awesome box i love or or if you want you can go with an istick 50w its fits a little more comfortablly in the hand and it is a single 18650 vs dual in the sig i have both an love them both. Hope this helps

Vape on Live on :toast:

This is pretty much the exact advise I was going to give. I currently use the istick but I am looking to pick up the sigelei as a new replacement. The big advantage of the istick is that it is pass-through. However I have notice the software on the istick's no matter the version are a little twitchy. So you may not get it as low as the sigelei.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I rarely vape above 30-40 watts and also have a Sigelei 100 Plus. It is a solid mod that works with no chip issues or glitche, it just performs as expected. Prior to that I had the original Sigelei 100 (non-spring loaded 510) and it performed well also. I missed it after I sold it and got the 100+. The only real negative it that it is a dual battery and a bit large - not really pocket-friendly.

There are many others but Sigelei seems to be a manufacturer that knows how to build a trouble-free mod. I would have no problem recommending one. They work, are aesthetically pleasing, and affordable. Fit and finish is nice with no premature wear or chipping and the 100+ also comes with a silicone sleeve for protection. I don't care for the sleeve and instead wrapped mine in a black carbon fiber Jwrap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread