Looking for information on Customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

platinumjake

Apr 14, 2010
florida
I ordered about $500.00 in refills from a company and my tracking says its held in customs in JFK Airport New York.

I looked around on the net and what I can gather is that the FDA stealing E-Cigs as of March 15th 2010. Has anyone had the FDA/Customs take there E-Cigs and not give them back? Or do you have any information on how they can Detain/Seize them at all? I have been looking around and theres no information or law....please Help! All information is helpful!

Here is what my tracking says.

Your item was handed over to Customs(UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USJFKA) at 2010-04-13 00:15:00

Timing
Site
Status
2010-04-09 20:01:00
GUANGZHOU
Posting
2010-04-09 21:14:00
GUANGZHOU
Despatch from Sorting Center
2010-04-09 22:28:00
GUANGZHOU
Arrival at Sorting Center
2010-04-10 01:15:00
GUANGZHOU
Despatch from Sorting Center
2010-04-13 00:14:00
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USJFKA
Arrival at Sorting Center
2010-04-13 00:15:00
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USJFKA
Handed over to Customs

I may just be jumping the gun but 500.00 is a lot of money and the order is being split between me and a a few people.

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Well I hope your right Domino. Murphy's Law is Kickin' my .....

Fingers crossed for you Joejokin!! If you're really getting ansy, contact the company you placed your order with, sometimes they can get more up to date information for you.

I've had quite a few 'scares' because I'm in Canada, but, to date and knock on wood, I've received every order I've ever placed. Even the one's from China.

Good luck!!!!!

Joejokin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
US, Midwest
www.quicknicjuice.com
My order was placed through China so I will be contacting them tonight. I've bought nic through the same company and it came through in way less time. I did switch my nic through a different supplier and they were great. They did not, however, mark the shipping info as nicotine. And they also used DHL. My shipment in customs is through EMS. Thanx for the well wishes Domino

ebonynoire

Apr 15, 2010
APO
I have the exact opposite issue, I'm on a military base and my shipment seems to be bouncing back to the seller. chicago e-cig (the company) wont answer their phones, or email me back, I don't know what to do. I placed the order on the 15 of march and it shipped but it was sent back to seller... I don't know what to do, is that just lost money????

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I have the exact opposite issue, I'm on a military base and my shipment seems to be bouncing back to the seller. chicago e-cig (the company) wont answer their phones, or email me back, I don't know what to do. I placed the order on the 15 of march and it shipped but it was sent back to seller... I don't know what to do, is that just lost money????

Are you getting any explanation as to why its bouncing back? WHo is bouncing it back? Customs?

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com

Hmmm..couldn't find anything online for chigago e-cig, are you referring to electronic cigarettes inc. IN Chigago? If so, I had one order from them as well, it took FOREVER to get here and their customer service is terrible. You can NEVER get in touch with them. :mad:

All that aside, you should NEVER have 'lost money'! Find out who is bouncing it back to the seller. If it's Customs, all the shipper has to do is re-send it and 9 out of 10 times, it gets through the 2nd time. :)

The fact that you're in the Armed Forces and overseas should embarrass them even further... :nah:

Joejokin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2009
US, Midwest
www.quicknicjuice.com
Well I read on another post that EMS is just a trade agreement and that was really helpful. So then I tracked with the same number via usps and found out that my shipment is not in California its in Chicago. And it appears to me that Chicago is a black hole for everything not just e-cig stuff. I'm not importing juices just the cigarettes. It took my china supplier 2 months to ship my order and it could take that long for a city an hour away fom me to clear. Very frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread