Looking for juice that doesn't taste like food

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
I'm after something that does not taste like food, menthol or tobacco. I remember seeing some eliquid online that had some bizarre descriptions that made it seem like the flavor profile couldn't be described in terms of food flavors/tobacco or even combinations. The entire line of juices was like that. I can't remember where I saw it though...
I've made some DIY before that tasted like @$#&. Does that count as not food like? :lol:

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I've made some DIY before that tasted like @$#&. Does that count as not food like? :lol:
My first attempt at DIY, I put way too much hibiscus in it (instead of using a ratio of 0.5 to 1 percent, I used 4 percent). The flavor of hibiscus overwhelmed every other flavoring that I put in there and vaping it tasted like vaping gym socks.

sanguinesolitude

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2015
you could wick with rubber bands instead of cotton and get that burning tire taste we all know and love.

here is some cedar
Perfumers Apprentice - Caryophyl-lene oxide 1% PG

But yeah, some examples of non food, sweet, spice, floral, tobacco flavors you are considering would be helpful.

They don't tend to produce flavors of things people do not consume.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I guess it's asking for a bit too much. What you end up with is essentially perfume. Who'd wanna vape that?.. My mind works in strange ways I guess. I'd imagined something in my mind's eye that cannot actually exist. Creating new unique flavors is a bit of a stretch I suppose.
I do have an early DIY experimental recipe somewhere around that turned out like Baby Power.
I really don't think you would like that though.:facepalm:

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Umm root beer is sassafras aka Sarsaparilla. All came from the sassafras tree root originally.

why do you think the call it ROOT beer?

Yep, I mentioned in my first response to her that it's a sassafrass vape. ROOT is obviously very awesome and that is why they call it Root beer. :)

Big Me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
England
I've seen people say the same thing, no root beer. Makes me wonder what else is in there that makes it so that some taste it and some don't.

For a lot of people in the UK, they'll say root beer tastes exactly the same way that Germolene antiseptic cream smells... Personally, I like it. :D

Op - the only juice I've come across that people claim defies description is the range by Mystique Vapor.

Rt1Rebel

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Severna Park MD
I think we are left with Dirt, Essence of Stainless Steel, 4X4 Post, Burnt Plastic, Leather, or the ever popular, 5V Formaldehyde.

Many of these you can get without buying an actual flavor....

I'm working on my own proprietary recipe I call Gunpowder, I finally found a use for my spent brass at the shooting range.

I also considered a recipe for Wet Dog, the materials are available, but who the hell would vape that? OTOH, I heard that Planned Parenthood has what's needed if anyone wants to give Clean Baby a try.

Rt1Rebel

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Severna Park MD
I'm working on a Crayon. Turns out I have to pay a bunch to Crayola if I want to brand it that way.

Also Kindergarden Paste. LePage would want similar if they're still in business. I suppose I could just go generic with a wintergreen though.

If you haven't noticed, I'm getting in the kid groove. Boogers does not sound like a good idea at all though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread