Looking for "more power" and something with 510 adapters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

madison360

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Emerald Isle, NC
In this quest, I have stumbled upon the ProVape1.

I have a couple of questions:

1) Is this a good model and what are some others that I can look at that are a good investment?

2) Is it better/cheaper to buy the batteries and charger that come in a starter kit or buy those items separately?

Any and all suggestions are appreciated!:thumbs:

arth_d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2011
Australia
The Provape 1 Looks OK but it seems to be a 3.7V device. If you want more power id go the pro vari from the same people. This can be adjusted from 0V- to 7V or around. With that you will be able to adjust to any power level you want. If you are happy with a 3.7 id rather go a GLV-2 supermini, just because its smaller and looks better. I think the provape and provari look abit too much like a dildo. And i dont want to carry a big silver dildo around with me. lol

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
1) It's one of the better mods on the market, you can also check the Silver Bullet at AltSmoke.com, the XHaler at Nhaler.com, the Sabre Touch at VaperMoon.com. They all use an AA type battery, which in the long run is cheaper than the proprietary ones.
2) In my opinion AW batteries are the best and longest lasting on the market, Super T Manufacturing and RTD Vaper both carry them with good chargers.

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Hi Madi,

The ProVape-1 is a quite good unit. I used one for about 6 months until the newer, variable voltage ProVari was available. If I were doing it again I would look at the eGo ePower. It uses either the 14500 or the 14650 battery. Or, it's also available in the 18650 batt size. Right now it's not VV, but, they're developing a VV switch for it. I think VV is a desirable feature in a PV. You can find it under several "Branded" names as well. One of which is noEgo. I've had pretty good luck with the chargers that come in the "package" deals. But, since I needed chargers at home and at work, I've purchased chargers outside the packages. It's really dependent on what you want. The reason I mention ePower is because it's a modular PV and each component is separately replaceable should something fail. JMHO

Good Luck with your selection,
otrpu

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I wouldn't waste the money on a 3.7 volt device if I was in the market to upgrade. For a straight voltage PV, I would definitely consider the 5 volt GLV2 or 3. One of the best on the market:

Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - Great Lakes Vapor

But you should also consider a good variable volt for the consistency and flexibility. My top choice for variable volt is the Darwin: Nhaler

SMKNOMOR

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
salem ma
These guys bring up a good point about the non- flexibility voltage-wise. Upgrading to a 3.7 volt mod isn't much of an upgrade but for the added Low resistance atty/carto options and longer battery life depending on what you are upgrading from.

Personally, My 3.7v mods are the one that get used the least.

As far a variable volt,and I am super happy with my Provari . Also there are a few mods out there that give you the option of switching out different batteries for different voltages(3.7,4.8 and 6v) like the REO Grand and two of the Apex Alpha models(only 3.7 and 6v on one model) for example. I am personally happy with these as well because these particular mods also have the added value of having feeding systems to get the juice into your atomizer (Apex Alpha requires "RES" option for feeding).

Admittedly, it is a little more work than a VV and you would have to keep more batteries on hand.Also VV can give you up to 6V without having to stack batteries which some dont recommend under circumstances. but its some food for thought.

Happy Vaping:D

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

sanjosse

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
San Jose, CA

Zombitedesade

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2011
Plymouth, uk
I have the tornado tank from totally wicked and I can vape all day without charging it

With no disrespect intended, the tornado tankis simply the totally wicked rebranded ego tank. It's a great device agreed, but it's not really any more powerful then the lady is currently using.

I have nothing that currently vapes above 3.7 volts, but can say the epower is a great (and crucially cheap) entry point into a more powerful battery PV, with hopes a variable switch part will become available later for it.

madison360

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Emerald Isle, NC
Madison360,

My 2¢. Check out the Indulgence kit ($104.00 + shipping) at VaporJunction.com. It can be vaped @ 3.7v to 7.4v. My setup is 7.4v (2 3.7v 18350 batts) with a Joye eGo | Joye 510 | Electronic Cigarette supplies Tulsa | Batteries, atomizers, cartomizers, e-Liquid and more! HV 801 atty. It'll give you tons of vapor, flavor, and TH.

sanjosse

Sweet...I will definitely check this out. Hubby and I have Joye 510's and are looking for something that will adapt to those so we can interchange as much of the equipment we already have as possible. AND I like that price. Thanks for the info!

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Sweet...I will definitely check this out. Hubby and I have Joye 510's and are looking for something that will adapt to those so we can interchange as much of the equipment we already have as possible. AND I like that price. Thanks for the info!

I also have an Indulgence with the long sleeve for 6v. There's a pic of it in my signature (with the short sleeve). I was going to buy it a Vapor Junction but had some questions so I emailed him. After he answered my questions he told me there was a discount code, so I got mine for $95. Can't remember if that included shipping but anyway drop him an email and ask if the code is still available. Could save you $10.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
What I like about the Indulgence is it's versatility. It comes with different connectors for just about every connection available. I am currently using the chrome 3.4 ml Echo 901 carto and being as it is cone shaped it looks and works very good on my chrome Indulgence. In fact it looks better than any other combination of attys or cartos I've used on it although I don't have a pretty red like in the picture. That looks mighty sharp too!:2cool:

Last edited:

sanjosse

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
San Jose, CA
What I like about the Indulgence is it's versatility. It comes with different connectors for just about every connection available. I am currently using the chrome 3.4 ml Echo 901 carto and being as it is cone shaped it looks and works very good on my chrome Indulgence. In fact it looks better than any other combination of attys or cartos I've used on it.:2cool:

txtumbleweed,

Do you have any pics of your setup? Also, I was checking out the Echo 901 over at coolvapes.com, it states that it'll only work on the Echo standard automatic battery. Did you have to modify it in any way?:confused:

sanjosse

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
PV Collection 005.jpg
txtumbleweed,

Do you have any pics of your setup? Also, I was checking out the Echo 901 over at coolvapes.com, it states that it'll only work on the Echo standard automatic battery. Did you have to modify it in any way?:confused:

sanjosse

It works just fine with the Indulgence using the 901 connector. I will see if I can add a quick pic.:2cool: Oops should have wiped off the finger prints.

You can get them at smoktek for a little cheaper http://www.smoktek.com/Echo-Cartomizer-Echomizer_p_75.html

Attachments

• PV Collection 007.jpg
    PV Collection 007.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread