Looking for new mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapeasy

Jul 30, 2013
Seattle, WA
Hey forum, It's been years since I posted and I'm sure there are a plethora of these types of threads so I apologize in advance.
Anyways, I've been using the istick 50w since it came out and it's on its last legs now and I haven't been keeping up with all of the new release of vv/vw/tc mods so I'm not sure what I should pick up next. I use the kayfun 4 as my main RTA (I'm not a cloud chaser type guy, I just like an overall nice vape and a fix) so I don't need any mod that is very high in wattage but im not opposed to getting one...
What I liked about the 50w was it's pass-through charging, small form factor, and its outstanding battery life. I was wondering if you guys could recommend anything along the same lines, but has a better build quality (the istick50w build/button quality kind of sucks).
Also, I'm not sure if I should make the move to TC because I don't know if it's really safe yet (especially Ni200)
Thanks

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
I bought a Kbox mini kit in October, another one right after that first, then a platinum edition. Use all three every day. The platinum seems to have a better chip, smoother vape. I like the stainless steel because I tend to drop things and chipped the paint on the other 2. $29.99 or so at Vapor Beast and stainless mini tank is around $24 and comes with RBA deck etc.

vapeasy

Jul 30, 2013
Seattle, WA
I bought a Kbox mini kit in October, another one right after that first, then a platinum edition. Use all three every day. The platinum seems to have a better chip, smoother vape. I like the stainless steel because I tend to drop things and chipped the paint on the other 2. $29.99 or so at Vapor Beast and stainless mini tank is around $24 and comes with RBA deck etc.
ooh.. i like the look of that, and if the chip is good, i may go with this... only downside is one battery. i go with stainless too when possible, chips and scratches bug the crap out of me...

vapeasy

Jul 30, 2013
Seattle, WA
can these do pass-through?

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
No

I already had several 18650s and a charger. Bought 4 AW 20a 3000mah and later 4 Samsung 30Qs. I build 1.1 ohm coils at 20w. Don't use the TC yet. Never thought I would need more than the 11w of my first MVP. I go all day, roughly 3ml, on one battery and take a second setup as a backup. Then come home and chain vape another 6ml.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Hey forum, It's been years since I posted and I'm sure there are a plethora of these types of threads so I apologize in advance.
Anyways, I've been using the IStick 50w since it came out and it's on its last legs now and I haven't been keeping up with all of the new release of vv/vw/tc mods so I'm not sure what I should pick up next. I use the kayfun 4 as my main RTA (I'm not a cloud chaser type guy, I just like an overall nice vape and a fix) so I don't need any mod that is very high in wattage but im not opposed to getting one...
What I liked about the 50w was it's pass-through charging, small form factor, and its outstanding battery life. I was wondering if you guys could recommend anything along the same lines, but has a better build quality (the istick50w build/button quality kind of sucks).
Also, I'm not sure if I should make the move to TC because I don't know if it's really safe yet (especially Ni200)
Thanks
That video is kinda ridiculous. It's not like the safety of kanthal has been established in any way. In fact, the dos and don'ts of ni200 and titanium have been discussed much more extensively. Both are definitely safe if not heated too much, which is kinda the point with tc.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: vapeasy

vapeasy

Jul 30, 2013
Seattle, WA
That video is kinda ridiculous. It's not like the safety of kanthal has been established in any way. In fact, the dos and don'ts of ni200 and titanium have been discussed much more extensively. Both are definitely safe if not heated too much, which is kinda the point with tc.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk
very true..

Reactions: KenD

vapeasy

Jul 30, 2013
Seattle, WA
No

I already had several 18650s and a charger. Bought 4 AW 20a 3000mah and later 4 Samsung 30Qs. I build 1.1 ohm coils at 20w. Don't use the TC yet. Never thought I would need more than the 11w of my first MVP. I go all day, roughly 3ml, on one battery and take a second setup as a backup. Then come home and chain vape another 6ml.
sorry for the noob question but i have no experience with replaceable battery vv vw mods. can you pretty much use any (quality) 18650 in it and the chip will adapt? does battery amperage matter with these type of mods? I have a vtc 3 and a purple efest sitting in my desk..

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
the cool fire 4 plus looks pretty decent. what are your guys' thoughts on the ipv5, istick 100w, or kbox mini?

I would take the Coolfire over any of those personally.

I'm not saying the others are all bad but I do believe the Coolfire is the better option out of all of those.

I passed on the Kanger Topbox mini kit personally. I like the tank (have one) but the mod just seems sub-par to so many other devices you could get right now.

For single 18650 I'd go with either the Pico or Evic VTC, for build in bats Coolfire IV 100W TC or Cuboid mini or full size Cuboid for a two 18650 battery mod.

There are many similar devices out there but those just seem the safest/problem free bets in this price range at the moment.

Reactions: herb

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
If you're looking for long battery life without too much heft, then grab a Evic VT 60 watt while they last. Most online stores have the express kit for less than $40, and the 4400 mAh battery lasts for days.

I have several iSticks (20, 30, 50, 100, and 100TC), and like the 50 for it's size, weight and battery life. The 100W iSticks are a bit heavier than I like for daily carry. The Evic Vt 60W just works well, holds up to daily use and lasts for days without a charge. I own 2 currently.

Outside of those, I'm tempted to grab the new Coolfire IV 100W TC, not that I use 100W, but it's stylish and has a longish battery, while smaller than the last MVP.

Reactions: OhTheAgony

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
the cool fire 4 plus looks pretty decent. what are your guys' thoughts on the ipv5, istick 100w, or kbox mini?

Pretty decent , far far better than pretty decent , Innokin makes superb quality mods , after that i would choose the iPV V than the Kbox and then the iStick.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
If you're looking for long battery life without too much heft, then grab a Evic VT 60 watt while they last. Most online stores have the express kit for less than $40, and the 4400 mAh battery lasts for days.

I have several iSticks (20, 30, 50, 100, and 100TC), and like the 50 for it's size, weight and battery life. The 100W iSticks are a bit heavier than I like for daily carry. The Evic Vt 60W just works well, holds up to daily use and lasts for days without a charge. I own 2 currently.

Outside of those, I'm tempted to grab the new Coolfire IV 100W TC, not that I use 100W, but it's stylish and has a longish battery, while smaller than the last MVP.

The Evic VT has a 5000mAh battery even, 5010 to be exact if you do the math.

And yeah, that's what I bought for myself a few weeks ago. I didn't recommend it because it's somewhat outdated compared to the ones I mentioned before but if you don't need the latest tech it still is a really nice device. I just wish it could do SS in TC mode as well since I find these titanium coils a bit hard to wrap at times. It is pretty heavy though, but I guess that is to be expected with that much battery in there.

Last edited:
Reactions: jefsview
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread