Looking for one hand refillable RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

shprota

Jul 31, 2011
Jerusalem
My dad is a chain vaper but he only has one hand working, so for now I had to stick with Billow V2. These are good but not the best flavor or MTL.

The problem is that most recent products use top fill and are pretty hard to refill with one hand. With the Billow it is a breeze - the grip is tight and you can keep the deck a bit loose without leaking.

So I’m looking for a recommendation on a decent rta that can easily be refilled using only one hand and gives good MTL and flavor.

Thanks!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I'm Sorry, but I don't exactly know...

I just tried opening a couple rta's with one hand, and it looks like the best winner I have is the serpent mini, but it's not exactly mtl either, although perhaps better than that billows you have.

The drip tip gets warm (to hot) if you close the airflow down too far, but if you change out that drip tip from the metal to a delrin or wood drip tip, you would alleviate that problem.

You can buy the kayfun 5 for him, the top fill unscrews and is shaped like a nut (the kind you put wrenches on, not the food) for ease of holding onto, but as it's metal I'm finding it a little slick even with the nut shape to it, if he can grab a napkin or a rubber jar opener it might be easier to open and close one handed.. smky makes a good clone I hear, and you can simply buy the mtl reducer for it from creme de vape. (Its in the UK, but shipping is decent to the US, I have bought from them before)

If your going to go kayfun though, why dont you wait until the prime comes out later this month and we can tell you whether or not we can fill it with one hand.. if so it may be easier all the way around.

Reactions: shprota

shprota

Jul 31, 2011
Jerusalem
Thanks, Opinionated!
Don't you have to close the liquid flow before unscrewing the top cap on the Serpent mini? If not, would not it leak after filling?
As for the Kayfun, it's manual says on filling:
To close the liquid control completely, grab the base and turn the tank in a clockwise movement until it stops.
Which renders it unusable with one hand IMHO.

Aren't there still bottom fill tanks?

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
In the world of rebuildables i highly doubt it,top fill makes our life 100x easier since we don't have to unscrew the tank to fill it, last time i saw a bottom filled was my nautilus tank i had when i started vaping. Have seen and watched alot of videos lately on different rta,rda,rdta and haven't seen one that's bottom filled. Imho bottom fill makes 1 hand operation impossible anyway.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thanks, Opinionated!
Don't you have to close the liquid flow before unscrewing the top cap on the Serpent mini? If not, would not it leak after filling?
As for the Kayfun, it's manual says on filling:

Which renders it unusable with one hand IMHO.

The serpent mini does not have juice flow control, so no worries there.

As for the juice flow control on the Kayfun 5, it's just a turn or two, and as you turn it separately from unscrewing the top for filling, I wasn't finding that a problem with one hand.. the way you have to hold it one handed keeps the juice flow control steady when your opening up the top for filling, or so it seemed. It was opening the top that I found more difficult, as for some reason it seemed a bit slick to me and thus more difficult to open than the serpent mini.

Your dad my have an easier time than me however, as this type of thing is something he is actually used to, whereas I'm not, and, he can use the juice flow control to his advantage by keeping the flow off unless vaping and keep the top unscrewed a turn. It's a thought anywAy..

Last edited:
Reactions: shprota

shprota

Jul 31, 2011
Jerusalem
Imho bottom fill makes 1 hand operation impossible anyway.

Surprisingly it's not true. Bottom fill tanks where you can unscrew the deck and fill the tank are very easy to fill with one hand having an atomizer stand like this:
2-Pieces-lot-Electronic-cigarette-display-metal-base-e-cigarettes-holder-colorful-e-cig-display-stand.jpg_220x220.jpg

You just put the tank upside-down into the stand and unscrew the base.

shprota

Jul 31, 2011
Jerusalem
OBS Engine Nano, i just tried it and it went pretty well. No JFC to mess with, push up the top cap, fill through a fairly large fill hole and push down the top cap.

Flavor is pretty damn good too.

Thanks! I have a Billow V3 which also has a top cap you need to push up but I cannot open it with one hand - the cap is sitting too tight. Also, you need to hold it while filling - cannot put into a stand.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Surprisingly it's not true. Bottom fill tanks where you can unscrew the deck and fill the tank are very easy to fill with one hand having an atomizer stand like this:
2-Pieces-lot-Electronic-cigarette-display-metal-base-e-cigarettes-holder-colorful-e-cig-display-stand.jpg_220x220.jpg

You just put the tank upside-down into the stand and unscrew the base.
Plausible,but like i said haven't seen or heard about a bottom filled rebuildable. If you can find one that's great news for you though,but other than bump this thread for someone to help you can't do anything unfortunately.

Sorry =/

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Thanks! I have a Billow V3 which also has a top cap you need to push up but I cannot open it with one hand - the cap is sitting too tight. Also, you need to hold it while filling - cannot put into a stand.

I left the tank on the mod, pushed up the cap and set the mod down to refill it and then pushed the cap down. I did it with my left hand just to add a degree of difficulty and it was pretty easy. As Opinionated pointed out it is not a true MTL but may be worth a try since the price is right. If it doesn't work out then you have a new tank :)

shprota

Jul 31, 2011
Jerusalem
Melo 2 with the RBA, or Lemo 2 without. Both can be choked down to an airy MTL, and both can be opened one handed by twisting the fill ring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I had a really bad experience with the original Lemo and have been since avoiding their products. Maybe I'm wrong but prefer to be on the safe side.

Reactions: Opinionated

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
My dad is a chain vaper but he only has one hand working, so for now I had to stick with Billow V2. These are good but not the best flavor or MTL.

The problem is that most recent products use top fill and are pretty hard to refill with one hand. With the Billow it is a breeze - the grip is tight and you can keep the deck a bit loose without leaking.

So I’m looking for a recommendation on a decent RTA that can easily be refilled using only one hand and gives good MTL and flavor.

Thanks!
I just tried it, and I have one that might be perfect for you. It is a single coil, and only holds 2ml, but the refill port is super easy. It's the Smok spirals. Even though it comes with prebuilt coils, it does come with a single coil RBA deck. The draw is restrictive and it's designed for flavor chasers. The reason I can refill it easy, is it has a 1 turn to unscrew, and the unscrewing part is above the 22mm that tapers down to the drip tip, which means you can grip that area easily with two fingers. It has been one of the most leak-free systems I have, and it instantly became one of my favorites.. so much more, that I plan on ordering two more. I bought it originaly as something to boost the order to get free shipping, but I've fallen in love with the little thing. It's been over two months of it being the sole tank being used, and I'm still on the prebuilt coil that came with the tank. It comes with a .6 ohm clapton built in that vapes at 30-35 watts. (I am not a mouth to lung hitter), but it's best with a restrictive direct lung inhale. I can close it to a MTL inhale if needed, but I haven't used it in that aspect.

The only downside to it, is it only holds 2ml of juice. That's not really been a factor, since it's easy to refill. I noticed you already ordered the OBS engine.. you might want to give this a shot if you can. I've been eyeing the OBS engine myself. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread