Looking for recommendations for a MOD & RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

piniata7

May 26, 2016
Hello fellow vapers. I've been vaping for 1.5years now, and I've been a user of iStick 30W & Nautilus for a year. Few months ago I bought a Cubis as I found it at a low price, mostly due to the easy top fill proccess.
Even though this system worked for me pretty well till now, I want to step up my game and buy a new MOD and an RTA. I have no experience with RTAs, but I'm sure I'll adapt to the proccess (I'm studying electronic's college :D).
I've been looking around and I've narrowed my selections to:
RTAS: Avocado 24, Griffin (22 & 25), SMOK TF-RTA G2 and Aromamizer Supreme. Theorem would be my last pick, but hate the capacity.
MOD: Wismec RX200S or Cuboid 150W. I'm open to more suggestions.
What would be your pick?
Also, any reccomendations on build (Clapton?Fused Clapton? etc.), Kanthal AWG and cotton? I'm going to shop from fasttech most likely. Thanks in advance!!

EDITS: Even though the tanks I own are MTL style, I want to change to lung hits (I tested the 0.5 on Cubis which is airier, and loved it. Wanted it to be even more airier).
Hate HOT vape, love warmy vape!
Budget for MOD (w/o batteries) & RTA = 100$

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I can't tell what country you're in, but in lieu of the upcoming FDA regulations, why not consider a non-regulated mod and bottom feeding rebuildable atomizer? Who knows what, if anything, will be available for purchase post-FDA regulations? IMHO, play it safe by owning a mechanical mod which is nearly indestructible with no electronic parts to fail.

I suggest considering a Reo Mod with a Reomizer dripper. Built-in "sqounker" tank (inside the mod) literally feeds your dripper upside down. It's above your stated budget, but you'll be completely prepared for the upcoming vape apocalypse.

Last edited:
Reactions: K_Tech

piniata7

May 26, 2016
@Baditude I don't really care about FDA stuff right now. When time comes for changes to affect my country, I'll adapt to it. And squonkers ain't something I like. Thanks for the suggestion and heads up tho!
@K_Tech Thanks. Griffin 22 is one of my last picks though, I'm more into Aromamizer Supreme or Avocado 24 tbh, but I'll sure keep an eye on Griffin if more users recommend it!
About the MOD, I'll consider your point for cuboid! Thanks!

Reactions: K_Tech

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
Hello fellow vapers. I've been vaping for 1.5years now, and I've been a user of iStick 30W & Nautilus for a year. Few months ago I bought a Cubis as I found it at a low price, mostly due to the easy top fill proccess.
Even though this system worked for me pretty well till now, I want to step up my game and buy a new MOD and an RTA. I have no experience with RTAs, but I'm sure I'll adapt to the proccess (I'm studying electronic's college :D).
I've been looking around and I've narrowed my selections to:
RTAS: Avocado 24, Griffin (22 & 25), SMOK TF-RTA G2 and Aromamizer Supreme. Theorem would be my last pick, but hate the capacity.
MOD: Wismec RX200S or Cuboid 150W. I'm open to more suggestions.
What would be your pick?
Also, any reccomendations on build (Clapton?Fused Clapton? etc.), Kanthal AWG and cotton? I'm going to shop from fasttech most likely. Thanks in advance!!

EDITS: Even though the tanks I own are MTL style, I want to change to lung hits (I tested the 0.5 on Cubis which is airier, and loved it. Wanted it to be even more airier).
Hate HOT vape, love warmy vape!
Budget for MOD (w/o batteries) & RTA = 100$

For RTA, just going by your list, I would recommend the Griffin followed by the Smok if it is your first RTA. The Avocado and Theorem are a bit more difficult to get the wicking right without getting dry hits (genie style).

For mods, what is your budget? If $ wasn't an issue then I would recommend a mod with a better 510 pin. My cuboid and rx200 both have a 510 pin that wouldn't spring fully back b/c I attached an atty with too long of a 510 connection.

People are most likely going to recommend what they have and what they've enjoyed using. For me, I've really enjoy my devices that uses the evolve dna200 board and the yihi sx350j v2 board.

[edit] if you really want the rx200 (which is a solid mod for its price) get the newer version, RX200S. Seems to me they've fixed the 510 on that version.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
To be honest... all your choices are all the ones that I see in the "want to trade groups" that I'm in... People will say how great they are, but want to try other stuff.

Those I've almost never seen offered as trades are mod: the Eleaf TC100W (which price new is the best deal around, which I'm now using and love it); and tank: the OBS Crius.

Right now I'm using a few Lemo (one for me, one for the wife, and she absolutely loves it) that I got from people that loved them for a good year and decided to moved on to the Crius and where happy to let me have them cheap to pass the joy around.

I've ordered (and awaiting it's arrival) the OBS Ace, which comes as both a single coil RTA and can take cartridge coils. As I do temp control, single coil is better I find as with Nickel, you need a LOT of wraps, so dual coil would be difficult.

Last edited:
Reactions: MissGem

piniata7

May 26, 2016
Thanks for your input. Guess you are right, but tbh I'm not like a "trader" guy. What I'll buy now, is what I'll keep, and tbh any of the ones you or I listed will be a huge upgrade (if I'm correct) to the current setup I have. All I am asking is if maybe a user of e.g Aromamizer Supreme & Avocado, hates 1 or both because leaks, hot burning vape etc.
I cheked out TC100W, and it seems to be great for the money, but I'm not going to care for ~10$, since as I told you I keep my devices for long time. I just want to try something else other than Eleaf (owned a iTwist & iStick till now).
I like the practicallity (top fill) and looks of Crius. Comes with a nice starting package too (cotton, wire & premade coils). Isn't the deck a little bit on the small side though?
I don't like Ace as I want to experiment with dual coils too.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Thanks for your input. Guess you are right, but tbh I'm not like a "trader" guy. What I'll buy now, is what I'll keep, and tbh any of the ones you or I listed will be a huge upgrade (if I'm correct) to the current setup I have. All I am asking is if maybe a user of e.g Aromamizer Supreme & Avocado, hates 1 or both because leaks, hot burning vape etc.
I cheked out TC100W, and it seems to be great for the money, but I'm not going to care for ~10$, since as I told you I keep my devices for long time. I just want to try something else other than Eleaf (owned a iTwist & iStick till now).
I like the practicallity (top fill) and looks of Crius. Comes with a nice starting package too (cotton, wire & premade coils). Isn't the deck a little bit on the small side though?
I don't like Ace as I want to experiment with dual coils too.

No problem.. I'm not a trader either (did it once because of-->), unless it is something that I really wouldn't use at all and would simply end up in a drawer or a box. But I also hate to buy something that I regret later, and end up having to replace with something better...

I've not heard much negative about the Aromamizer or Avocado, they are well received by most, but just don't end up in the "must keep" pile I gather for some reasons. I don't recall anyone talking much about leaks and for "hot vape", it's all about your settings or balancing things correctly, same as RDAs.

The Crius's deck is fairly standard size for an RTA (which are all smaller the RDAs, at least usually), and from the people I know (or met), they really love it and have pretty much stopped using anything else, which kinda speaks for itself...If I switch to SS for going double coils, I would really consider the Crius as top of my list to go get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread