Looking for recommendations on my first RDA / RDTA setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plan-B

Jan 9, 2017
Alberta, Canada
Hello all,

I'm looking to get my first RDA or RDTA set up and I was wondering if I could get your recommendations on what would be best for my situation. I am mainly a MTL vaper but can direct lung as well if I'm in the mood. I prefer flavor over clouds, but would love to have the best of both worlds if possible. I prefer smooth over a big throat hit and I prefer a cooler vape as I find a lot of heat makes for a harsher hit, especially when going direct lung. I am currently using two Joyetech AIOs and a Joyetech eVic VTwo with the Cubis Pro tank and I use 0.6 ohm MTL coils in all of them. I'm currently making my own liquid, usually 50/50 at 6 to 9 ml nicotine.

I think a RDTA would be a better choice for me over RDA, as I'll be using this on the go at times. As long as whatever device I get is fairly simple and easy to use, I should be good. I have no experience building coils but would like to eventually get into that aspect. For that reason, I'd like a device that I can also purchase pre-built coils for. Recommendations on coils and wicking material would be appreciated as well. I'm thinking a variable wattage mod would be the way to go, but I'd like thoughts on it as I'm unsure. Regardless, I would like the mod to have a cylinder form factor.

Cheers,
Chris

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hello all,

I'm looking to get my first RDA or RDTA set up and I was wondering if I could get your recommendations on what would be best for my situation. I am mainly a MTL vaper but can direct lung as well if I'm in the mood. I prefer flavor over clouds, but would love to have the best of both worlds if possible. I prefer smooth over a big throat hit and I prefer a cooler vape as I find a lot of heat makes for a harsher hit, especially when going direct lung. I am currently using two Joyetech AIOs and a Joyetech eVic VTwo with the Cubis Pro tank and I use 0.6 ohm MTL coils in all of them. I'm currently making my own liquid, usually 50/50 at 6 to 9 ml nicotine.

I think a RDTA would be a better choice for me over RDA, as I'll be using this on the go at times. As long as whatever device I get is fairly simple and easy to use, I should be good. I have no experience building coils but would like to eventually get into that aspect. For that reason, I'd like a device that I can also purchase pre-built coils for. Recommendations on coils and wicking material would be appreciated as well. I'm thinking a variable wattage mod would be the way to go, but I'd like thoughts on it as I'm unsure. Regardless, I would like the mod to have a cylinder form factor.

Cheers,
Chris
Chris i would go RTA over either RDA or RDTA.

The reason is that both RDAs and RDTA atties are notorious for leaking when laid on the side.

Best RTAs i have used

Silverplay Nano
Goblin Mini
Compact Kayfun*
Orchid V3
Kayfun Monster Mini
Regular Kayfun*

* denotes MTL.

Heard wonderful things about nage, siren, and Serpent Mini ( had one, but couldn't build it for my messed up left hsnd), Merlin Mini.

These attys have good reputstions but have not used them

Reactions: Plan-B

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    There's so many sub ohm tanks.
    A simple single coil kangertech subtank mini vape very good and are prone to leaks,a breeze to setup and even come with a rebuilable deck.
    If you look around you can get one very reasonably.
    A sub tank mini is great starter for making your own coils and wicking.
    Kayfun 5 is easy to set up and is another single coil flavor tank.It sets up just like subtank mini except a bit easier to fill.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread