Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum @Cheeks!. Glad to have you here!:)

What wattage/voltage are you running at?

The rule of thumb for EVERY regulated vape device you'll ever own is the same when using wattage/voltage mode. Start low power (wattage or voltage), take a draw, bump it up another draw and repeat. If it starts to taste funny, gets too hot or tastes burnt, back it down. Different flavors will have different sweet spots so you just have to experiment.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Curious. There's nothing wrong with putting either Nautilus tank on any mod at any power up to whatever your juice will allow. For me, that's 14 or 15 watts for some, nearly 18 watts for others.
Your mod is (obviously) over-specified for a 8-18 watt tank, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Possibles..

Problem with the power regulation on the mod?
Vaping too fast? (unlikely...unless you have very thick liquid)
Strange (heavy flavor) e-liquid flavours that gunk quick?

Your iStick is reading the ohms at 2.0 or 2.1? (BVC 1.8) That's about normal for iSticks.
You ARE using BVC coils, yes?

It should all be working well, really.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hi @Cheeks! and welcome to the forum.

Most people use watts to adjust their vape mods. 4.1 volts sounds really high to me. With the iStick 50 watt, click the power button 3 times and it will switch between watts and volts. Set it to read watts and use the arrows to set the power at 8- 10 watts. Take a hit and bump it up. With the 1.8 ohm Nautilus coil you should be vaping at around 10 to 12 watts (average) and with the 1.6 ohm coil from 12 to 15 (both in my experience).

Once you find the sweet spot of power, hold down both arrow keys for 3 seconds and it will lock the power setting and keep you from accidental movement of the power (very common issue). Use the same method to unlock. It may take some practice to get it locked, I usually used one thumb to lock/unlock. If the power moves when you try this just use the arrow keys and put it back where you want and try it again. Once you do this the first time it's easier from then on.

Reactions: Cheeks!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I have it at 8w and 4.11v. It seems really low compared to the level the battery can go up to..I figured I'm using the wrong tank... Thank you for your reply

It's not a tank problem nor are you using the iStick 50 wrong. 8w/4.11v is a reasonable point for a Nautilus tank w/ the 1.6Ω or 1.8Ω heads. You could even try moving 'up' on your settings to see how it works for you. Just because the iStick can go to 50w doesn't mean you need to be there to get a good vape.

Think about your car ... it may do 90-100 mph ... but it still drives well at 40-50 mph.

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
hello! I'm looking to find the right tank for my istick 50w. I have the nautilus mini, from my old battery. I bought this new battery I'm not sure if it is up to the task. It seems to burn out my atomizer within days.. I'm new to the vape scene.. I don't really know what I'm doing.
welcome to ECF, sounds like your running too much power on your mod. my sigelei will handle up to 50 watts but I only run 7 watts on my protanks and 12 watts on my orchids.but a new coil in your tank, set your mod for the lowest power setting then slowly work up until you get a good vape with no burnt taste out of your tank

MudVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2015
welcome to ECF, sounds like your running too much power on your mod. my sigelei will handle up to 50 watts but I only run 7 watts on my protanks and 12 watts on my orchids.but a new coil in your tank, set your mod for the lowest power setting then slowly work up until you get a good vape with no burnt taste out of your tank

This is great advice. The istick 50 was my first regulated mod (had it about five weeks, I think) and it is easy to use and will fire anything - but you definitely have to find the sweet spot.

That actually applies to all attys and mods, not matter what combo you are vaping.

Just wondering - how often do you use it and how do you draw on it?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
hello! I'm looking to find the right tank for my istick 50w. I have the nautilus mini, from my old battery. I bought this new battery I'm not sure if it is up to the task. It seems to burn out my atomizer within days.. I'm new to the vape scene.. I don't really know what I'm doing.

You can use the Nautilus Mini. You will just have to turn the power down.

I have a 75 watt mod and I vape at 9-12.5 watts because that is a satisfying vape for me.

If the Nautilus Mini worked for me I would turn the power down to a satisfying vape that didn't burn the wick.

Turning the power down does two things for you.

1. A tasty satisfying vape.
2 longer battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread