Looking for the hardest hitting mech mod...

Status
Not open for further replies.

3ebmike

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2015
single 18650 battery, to be used in cloud competiions.. right now i've looking at the AR mods and the LIMITLESS mods.. what type of cylinder tube mechmods have you guys tried/had experience with.. which one has given you the most vapor/kick.. I know a lot will depend on build as well.. but speaking in terms of the mod only... any one that shines a bit brighter than others?

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Copper with Copper contacts and a berylium copper spring, maybe silver plated copper contacts and spring. Next to pure silver or pure gold, straight copper has very little voltage drop. AR Mech, to many holes to cause a voltage drop imo. I have a copper clone Nemesis and an Authentic Brass Cartel, both hit equally well and almost comparably side by side.

Still have my eye out for an Authentic Copper /w Brass Vanilla or an Authentic Copper Pegasus

Next materials to look at would be brass, maybe aluminum if looking at competition

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

jbok

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2014
Virginia
single 18650 battery, to be used in cloud competiions.. right now i've looking at the AR mods and the LIMITLESS mods.. what type of cylinder tube mechmods have you guys tried/had experience with.. which one has given you the most vapor/kick.. I know a lot will depend on build as well.. but speaking in terms of the mod only... any one that shines a bit brighter than others?
The AR sucks, don't waste ur time and money on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Reactions: tweaker30

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
The difference in mods is all in the pins and switches, not the tube. The tube is mostly decoration. As long as the center pin in the 510 is made of a good conductive material and the switch makes solid contact with the neg end of the battery, the rest is just the resistance on your grounding. The difference in voltage drop between tubes made of different materials is less than .05V most of the time. If that means win or lose in a comp you have a problem with your build, not your mod. Most of the folks that win cloud comps win on lung capacity anyway. It doesn't matter how great your mod or your build is. If the next guy has bigger lungs, he's gonna win. When you start looking for gear, remember that density of the cloud makes a difference as well. If your atty is TOO airy, your cloud will be thin and won't win no matter how big it is.

OfTheBrave

Jul 13, 2015
I've always found hybrid top cap connections on a copper mod to be the hardest hitting. I really enjoy my Stingray X clone by SXK/infinite when it's in hybrid mode.
Most definately true. When you eliminate the fire pin you eliminate voltage drop through the pin.

For my money I keep it SMPL. You could upgrade the button but don't bother, as others have said, it's about the build.

Oh, and for the love of god, don't put a tank on a hybrid mod if it has a spring pin connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread