Looking to hear how you all flavor, opinions, suggestions, chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpogNYC

Feb 9, 2017
Brooklyn, NYC
Hi everybody, I'm fairly new to vaping and I'm starting to settle in in terms of the differences I had to get used to between cigarettes and vaping. Anyway, I wanted to hear from you all about flavors and also get some feedback about what I'm discovering right now.

Ok, I started out with fruit flavors, as I wanted to get my nicotine but didn't want it to resemble smoking (temptation is always lurkin', haha). Anyway, I have already tried blueberry, mango, and raspberry lemonade. They were all great, and I found an e-liquid company that's great and produces awesome flavors (I'll not mention the company as I'm a newbie and don't know if I can do that, might think I'm promoting or something).

So yo, I got curious about straying from the fruit flavor genre and decided I wanted to try a dessert flavor. I just got it today, I got cheesecake flavor (I'm a New Yorker so maybe I got tunnel vision while looking through the selections, haha). It's weird. Maybe it'll just take some time to get used to it, but I don't know if I'm a 'dessert' flavor kind of guy. This is my first experience with a dessert flavor, so maybe I have to give some other choices a go. It kind of tastes like cheesecake, but not as much as the fruit flavors tasted like fruit. I bought from the same company I use.

What do you all like in terms of flavor genre? Any dessert flavor lovers have any advice for me? Do you tend to stick to one genre (fruit, dessert, drinks) or do you hop around? I think the dessert flavor takes some state of mind to get into, I dunno, haha. I'll obviously use the whole bottle of this cheesecake flavor and hopefully I'll get into it, but if not, what dessert flavor do you think could convert me into a believer of dessert? Ok, I'm clockin' out, I just typed a novel because I babble like a brook. Thanks for reading, lemme know what you think. Outie.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Cheesecake is difficult to reproduce - your cheesecake will never quite taste like cheesecake, from my experience.

However, cinnamon roll.. that's the best ever, and tastes like the roll. (Its been my go to adv)

Also, Apple pie, very nice dessert flavor, can be an adv.

You can (and likely should) skip chocolate, it's another difficult flavor, much like cheesecake, it's much more difficult to get right and you have to be super finicky about where you buy it.

Things like butterscotch (and snickerdoodle cookie flavor) are lovely flavors that can easily be adv, other things like banana nut bread are lovely flavors, but not necessarily an adv, but rather, more occasional.

Taste however is subjective, and everyone is a little different.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
Hi there, @SpogNYC. Glad you're getting along with the vaping, and that you've found a good place to buy liquid. There's no harm in telling us who they are. We're always bragging about the liquids we like.

If you're new to the scene, you might not have understood @Who_Dey_1991's post. MTL is mouth-to-lung vaping, where you collect the vapor in your mouth before inhaling, much like smoking a cigarette. DL refers to direct-lung vaping, where you suck it straight down. These styles often depend on what sort of vaporizer you use. Feel free to tell us about your gear, also.

Plain cheesecake flavor makes a pretty plain sort of dessert vape. You'd probably want some fruit in there too, like strawberry or blueberry. Plain custard can be nice, and fruity varieties with strawberry, blueberry or peach are popular. @Opinionated had some good suggestions too, so you've got a few to start out with. Good luck.

SpogNYC

Feb 9, 2017
Brooklyn, NYC
Thanks for the responses everybody, good to hear what you all think. I'm going to stick with fruit flavors for now, as the cheesecake flavor really turned me off of dessert flavors. However, I might heavily-handed add some fruit flavor juice to my cheesecake flavor and see if that helps. Maybe I should have gone with a fruit-based dessert flavor to begin with, so lesson learned, haha! Take care all.

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
I use fruit flavors almost exclusively. I have one coffee and a few sweet flavors, and they're hit and miss. I'm looking for some good soda flavors, but it's hard because here in Indiana we can't have juices that come from out of state, so no online ejuice orders. After you've vaped for a while, and find a flavor palette you like, you might give DIY a try.

Vapemesilly

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2017
Nevada
Everyone has different tastes. You will have to try lots of flavors and flavor profiles to find out what you like. That's part of the fun, IMO. Also, you will find that your preferences will change over time. I've been vaping for a little over two years. In the beginning I only liked tobacco flavors. Now I vape lots of flavors. I still like a good tobacco but also really enjoy light fruits, custards and even the occasional menthol.

Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Everyone has different tastes. You will have to try lots of flavors and flavor profiles to find out what you like. That's part of the fun, IMO. Also, you will find that your preferences will change over time. I've been vaping for a little over two years. In the beginning I only liked tobacco flavors. Now I vape lots of flavors. I still like a good tobacco but also really enjoy light fruits, custards and even the occasional menthol.

And sometimes even early on you might get surprised by a flavor you never thought you would enjoy.. my son swore he would never want anything but tobacco flavor but I bought him some Kilo Apple Pie as it was on sale and I was buying other things for him at that store.. and he vaped it and fell in love with it..

So often, I think you just never know what you will end up liking, until you try a flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread