Looking to PULL - anyone else still seeking very tight draw RDAs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
Feel like I'm a bit of a dinosaur here, but I'm finding that all of the new-wave RDAs are just too airy for my tastes. I really need that pull you get from a nice snug rda. I use mainly the IGO-W, single coil with .8mm air holes ... and one of them plugged shut with a toothpick.

Surely I can't be alone. Is anyone else out there interested in similar RDAs? I've tried a bunch of late, but everything with airflow adjustment just isn't right for me. The RDAs with slits that you adjust by twisting the cap just never hit the right spot for me. I'd love to try a bottom-airflow rda, but I just doubt any of them will hit the airflow right.

So ... thought I'd start a thread here for ultra-tight RDAs. Here's hoping I don't end up talking to myself....

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
Feel like I'm a bit of a dinosaur here, but I'm finding that all of the new-wave RDAs are just too airy for my tastes. I really need that pull you get from a nice snug RDA. I use mainly the IGO-W, single coil with .8mm air holes ... and one of them plugged shut with a toothpick.

Surely I can't be alone. Is anyone else out there interested in similar RDAs? I've tried a bunch of late, but everything with airflow adjustment just isn't right for me. The RDAs with slits that you adjust by twisting the cap just never hit the right spot for me. I'd love to try a bottom-airflow RDA, but I just doubt any of them will hit the airflow right.

So ... thought I'd start a thread here for ultra-tight RDAs. Here's hoping I don't end up talking to myself....

hopefully some one chimes is cause I'm in the same boat. us MTL drippers get left behind most of the time.

the ones I use the most are microdrip, A7, and Hobbit.

CagedSpam

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2015
FoPo, Oregon

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
Reactions: petrotech

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I like a Tighter Draw on an Tank. For an RDA, I like a more Medium to Semi-Tight Draw.

I've found that on Many RDA's, there is a Very Fine line to restrict the airflow from Not Enough to Too Much. What I find works well is to use Drip Tips that have a Small Inner Bore.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
I agree on that super-fine adjustment. For me, an RDA with a slit that you line up with an inner section just never seems to work quite right. The draw always seems to be more of a seeping hiss than a tight pull.

I'd love to see manufacturers release custom bell caps that fit on atomizers. So if you want a .8, 1mm, 1.5mm draw, you can order exactly that. And all the people who whine and complain about why the airflow is so restricted could get just what they want (which seems, for some, to be little more than a stainless steel mesh surrounding a coil! ;)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I agree on that super-fine adjustment. For me, an RDA with a slit that you line up with an inner section just never seems to work quite right. The draw always seems to be more of a seeping hiss than a tight pull.

I'd love to see manufacturers release custom bell caps that fit on atomizers. So if you want a .8, 1mm, 1.5mm draw, you can order exactly that. And all the people who whine and complain about why the airflow is so restricted could get just what they want (which seems, for some, to be little more than a stainless steel mesh surrounding a coil! ;)

I've have some like the Derringer and the Stumpy that use a row of Holes and a Slot in the RDA Cover. These are easier to Dial Down the air flow.

And I'm sure there are probably other RDA's that use a Similar technique. But I only look for Single Coil or Single Coil able RDA's. So I can't really say who else makes one.

Reactions: aceswired

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Too big for me. All my atties are tiny! 22mm is when I'm feeling lung inhales

I like a little more air but the flavor on the Origen Little 16 keeps it in my rotation.

Origen Dripper 16mm BF by Norbert

Every once in a while you can pick up a Nuppin' by Pdib in the classies, I can't recommend them enough.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Feel like I'm a bit of a dinosaur here, but I'm finding that all of the new-wave RDAs are just too airy for my tastes. I really need that pull you get from a nice snug RDA. I use mainly the IGO-W, single coil with .8mm air holes ... and one of them plugged shut with a toothpick.

Surely I can't be alone. Is anyone else out there interested in similar RDAs? I've tried a bunch of late, but everything with airflow adjustment just isn't right for me. The RDAs with slits that you adjust by twisting the cap just never hit the right spot for me. I'd love to try a bottom-airflow RDA, but I just doubt any of them will hit the airflow right.

I do MTL and settled on the SV rda clone. It's the only atimizer I use. I use a tall slip ring to prevent leaking in my pocket and it can be pulled part way down to adjust aiir flow. I use a different drip tip that's easy to drip through. Sitting on a pico it's very compact. In all black it stealthy. The deck is a bit fiddly to build on but once you get over that it's got a good sized well and is good at flavors.
$8.48 SV Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$2.47 Silicone Anti-slip Ring for E-Cigarette Atomizers / Mods (10-Pack) 10-pack - 22mm outer diameter / 18mm inner diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping The slip ring in the photo doesn't have the ugly printing because it is turned inside out.
$0.81 Resin 510 Drip Tip for Derringer RTA and More - 13mm / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$25.96 Authentic Eleaf iStick Pico 75W TC VW APV Box Mod - 1-75W / 100-315C'(200-600F') / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$1.36 Iwodevape Protective Silicone Sleeve Case for Eleaf iStick Pico 75W Mod - authentic at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
LG HG2 18650 Battery Genuine & Tested - 20A 3000mAh - Flat Top - Wholesale Discount
Stainless Steel Wire 30 AWG RW0576 - 250 FT 1.08 oz SS 316L Non-Resistance AWG TEMCo Industrial

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X6PQJ2Y/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I3DEUIAIXUT0C3&colid=1175D1C0HPR2Y Organic cotton

I'm also using the Arctic Fox firmware. NFE Team It lets me fine tune temp control with pre heat Shows me max temp and max watts for each puff and has a nice PC tool box to compliment the on board menus and button presses. Recommended.

I use one more item in the rig, a .032' shim between the SV and the pico so there is a flush fit. I make those on my engraving equipment at work. Don't know where you would buy them.
20170221_105429.jpg

20170226_115341.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread