Looking to PULL - anyone else still seeking very tight draw RDAs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
I do MTL and settled on the SV rda clone. It's the only atimizer I use. I use a tall slip ring to prevent leaking in my pocket and it can be pulled part way down to adjust aiir flow. I use a different drip tip that's easy to drip through. Sitting on a pico it's very compact. In all black it stealthy. The deck is a bit fiddly to build on but once you get over that it's got a good sized well and is good at flavors.
$8.48 SV Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$2.47 Silicone Anti-slip Ring for E-Cigarette Atomizers / Mods (10-Pack) 10-pack - 22mm outer diameter / 18mm inner diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping The slip ring in the photo doesn't have the ugly printing because it is turned inside out.
$0.81 Resin 510 Drip Tip for Derringer RTA and More - 13mm / black at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$25.96 Authentic Eleaf iStick Pico 75W TC VW APV Box Mod - 1-75W / 100-315C'(200-600F') / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$1.36 Iwodevape Protective Silicone Sleeve Case for Eleaf iStick Pico 75W Mod - authentic at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
LG HG2 18650 Battery Genuine & Tested - 20A 3000mAh - Flat Top - Wholesale Discount

I'm also using the Arctic Fox firmware. It lets me fine tune temp control with pre heat Shows me max temp and max watts for each puff and has a nice PC tool box to compliment the on board menus and button presses. Recommended.

I use one more item in the rig, a .032' shim between the SV and the pico so there is a flush fit. I make those on my engraving equipment at work. Don't know where you would buy them.
View attachment 658419

View attachment 658421
Hmm, using a slip ring to control air flow. .. never thought of that. Genius! Into the cart!

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Reactions: David Wolf

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Hmm, using a slip ring to control air flow. .. never thought of that. Genius! Into the cart!

I found the standard slip ring did not fit tight enough to stay in place in my pocket. The one in the photo stays in place very reliably because it is taller than most. I'd love to have that slip ring with no printing so it doesn't have to be turned inside out. I would love to find another rda that works for me as well as the SV. The fan boys drive the market so they get the attention. The best MTL rda's are probably going to be older designs and probably some are no longer being made.

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
microdrip....it's not the tightest airflow, kinda like a nautilus with airflow wide open.

my favorite

MicroDrip

Yeah, the older ones seem to work best. Would love to find bottom air flow that's tight enough, but I just don't think it's out there.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Yeah, the older ones seem to work best. Would love to find bottom air flow that's tight enough, but I just don't think it's out there.

The SV comes with two barrels. One with one air supply and another with two. Either way they are on the same side. I gave up on rda with adjustable air, inner rings, bottom air, etc. because I couldn't control leaking in my pocket. The SV with a slip ring covering only one air supply will only leak if it gets upside down in my pocket. But one of the reasons I've learned to like very low flavoring in my DIY is because if there is a leak I don't reek.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
microdrip....it's not the tightest airflow, kinda like a nautilus with airflow wide open.

my favorite

MicroDrip
And I would favor the SV because it is short, easier in my pocket. My work involves a lot of bending and crawling and various contortions. When I'm not doing that I'm on the motorcycle. A short rig works for me.

Reactions: petrotech

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
And I would favor the SV because it is short, easier in my pocket. My work involves a lot of bending and crawling and various contortions. When I'm not doing that I'm on the motorcycle. A short rig works for me.

then you can hide it in a microstick or tesla stealth mini. :pervy: (little box mods on the left)

5439_zpsht2ezlom.jpeg

I do a lot of crawling around too for work, but luckily my truck is always close by. normally carry like this:

20170430_214937_zpsniobedps.jpg

1.2 ohm coil will last me close to all day, even chain vaping while driving.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
then you can hide it in a microstick or tesla stealth mini. :pervy: (little box mods on the left)

5439_zpsht2ezlom.jpeg

I do a lot of crawling around too for work, but luckily my truck is always close by. normally carry like this:

20170430_214937_zpsniobedps.jpg

1.2 ohm coil will last me close to all day, even chain vaping while driving.
I don't do mechs.

Reactions: petrotech

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
I don't do mechs.

to each there own! I pretty much stopped using regulated mods when I dropped my old sig 150 in 8" of gas. twice. lol. I got lucky the first time...second time not so much. now I just bring a spare and clean it when I get home.

Reactions: Izan

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Anyone with thoughts on the Hadaly? Glowing reviews all over, some say the AFC is good and tightens down really well. Think I can get it tight enough for a real pull?

The Hadaly RDA is a Very Good RDA. Great Flavor and pretty Easy to build on. And You can crank down the Air Flow on it.

I give the edge to the NarDa. But I'm NarDa biased.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I forgot about this:

$3.35 Free Shipping Anima Style Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer (Anima RDA, SS + Brass) at m.FastTech.com

built it last night and forgot how much i liked it. nice and tight airflow...lots of flavor.
I have to go to bed now so can't try the following. Search on "rda dripping" in fasttech then set sort order to date listed then go to the back of the list and browse page by page forward in time. MTL was the norm in the early days. May be there some rda's from back in the day that were intended for MTL and are competent designes AND still available for sale.

Fasttech keeps old listings of discontinued items. Are there other large mail order places that allow searching by date listed and go back some years?

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
Personally, the mtl definition doesn't really get me quite where I want to be. What a lot of folks use as mtl is still to open for me. I'm talking about the tightest end of the mtl spectrum, something that requires a good pull for a long, slow draw. Anything more than 1mm is just too much for me.

Got a Wasp and a Hadaly coming, and also some nonslip rings. Will monkey with those, see if any snug up to my liking.

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
Personally, the mtl definition doesn't really get me quite where I want to be. What a lot of folks use as mtl is still to open for me. I'm talking about the tightest end of the mtl spectrum, something that requires a good pull for a long, slow draw. Anything more than 1mm is just too much for me.

Got a Wasp and a Hadaly coming, and also some nonslip rings. Will monkey with those, see if any snug up to my liking.

I'm with you there...that anima I just posted. the smallest hole is probably .75 mm? the smallest coil rod I have is 1.5mm and it doesn't come close to fitting.

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
I have to go to bed now so can't try the following. Search on "rda dripping" in fasttech then set sort order to date listed then go to the back of the list and browse page by page forward in time. MTL was the norm in the early days. May be there some rda's from back in the day that were intended for MTL and are competent designes AND still available for sale.

Fasttech keeps old listings of discontinued items. Are there other large mail order places that allow searching by date listed and go back some years?

if you're on a computer (I use my phone most the time, and it's hard to navigate) check out:

FTDB - The FastTech Tech Specs Database

you can search and filter by in stock, date listed, etc. pretty neat tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread