Looking to PULL - anyone else still seeking very tight draw RDAs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
I'm with you there...that anima I just posted. the smallest hole is probably .75 mm? the smallest coil rod I have is 1.5mm and it doesn't come close to fitting.
.8mm is the smallest I have, on my igo-w4. It's perfect for me.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
Spotted a couple RDAs on FT today that looked interesting.

Little Bang
$20.36 YFTK Little Bang Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 316 stainless steel / 18mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Strike 18 (they also have a 14)
$17.95 YFTK Strike 18 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 18mm diameter / bottom feeding pin at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Still waiting on another FT order, with the Hadaly, but keeping an eye on both of these. Looks like the Strike 18 has air holes at 1.0mm, 1.1, 1.2, & 1.5

Reactions: petrotech

Magic Of Light

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Englewood Ohio
I am the same. Using MTL RDA right now. I have 3 im currently using, one is brand new. The Narda, Magma v1, and igo-l. The igo-l is the best of the 3, less cleaning, less fiddling with airflow to get it just right ect. They seriously need to stop making 3mm airholes on every rda and realize there is a market for mtl vaping. Or im going to have to quit completely, cause almost every true mtl rda is old and hard to find.

Any RDA that says they can do both, doesnt do mtl well. My narda is VERY finicky, and you have to have it JUST RIGHT and one hole plugged, and have the coil exactly in the right spot/airflow right. Its a friggin pain. The magma is too much cleaning and leaking. The igo-l is superior to them both. And i got them for 3 bucks each from MVS. If I had known the narda was gonna be that finicky for mtl, i wouldnt have ordered 8 of them...

What MTL vapers need is one exactly like the igo-l with velocity style posts where the middle post is off center like in the narda. That would be the perfect RDA for mtl vaping. But its all dual, quad coil, or huge airflow now. It sucks, and if it continues im going to quit completely. Why continue when they dont make what you like anymore?

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
I am the same. Using MTL RDA right now. I have 3 im currently using, one is brand new. The Narda, Magma v1, and igo-l. The igo-l is the best of the 3, less cleaning, less fiddling with airflow to get it just right ect.
BTW, if you get a chance, pick up an Igo-W4. With one air hole plugged, that thing is nice and snug and makes a great single-coil RDA. It also has post holes to make building easier. That's the dealbreaker on the Igo-L for me. I have to have post holes. I'll never go back to trying to trap wire under the screws. ;)

Magic Of Light

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Englewood Ohio

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Feel like I'm a bit of a dinosaur here, but I'm finding that all of the new-wave RDAs are just too airy for my tastes. I really need that pull you get from a nice snug RDA. I use mainly the IGO-W, single coil with .8mm air holes ... and one of them plugged shut with a toothpick.

Surely I can't be alone. Is anyone else out there interested in similar RDAs? I've tried a bunch of late, but everything with airflow adjustment just isn't right for me. The RDAs with slits that you adjust by twisting the cap just never hit the right spot for me. I'd love to try a bottom-airflow RDA, but I just doubt any of them will hit the airflow right.

So ... thought I'd start a thread here for ultra-tight RDAs. Here's hoping I don't end up talking to myself....
I'm with you on that, I'm about to jump into squonking, and the RDA's I bought a while ago are good for MTL, so I'm on the hunt for some good MTL RDAs with a tighter draw.

CagedSpam

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2015
FoPo, Oregon
Well before this thread dies I'll give it some juice.

Coiled this up last night, YFTK Viper V2 Style RDA Silver 316 SS PEI 14mm Rebuildable Atomizer

Thanks to the family for a cool fathers day gift.

A very pleasant vape. 29G @ 1 ohm and 2.5mm. Everything is snug, the Oring is a little tiny bit big pushing the cap up just a hair. Just enough to keep staring at it and pushing on it:) Doesn't seem to affect the vape though.

Tightened the air to about a squished 1mm. Makes solid contact on my P67.

If anyone is looking for a baby RDA this is worth a consideration. If it was a threaded cap it might dethrone my RM2.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Well before this thread dies I'll give it some juice.

Coiled this up last night, YFTK Viper V2 Style RDA Silver 316 SS PEI 14mm Rebuildable Atomizer

Thanks to the family for a cool fathers day gift.

A very pleasant vape. 29G @ 1 ohm and 2.5mm. Everything is snug, the Oring is a little tiny bit big pushing the cap up just a hair. Just enough to keep staring at it and pushing on it:) Doesn't seem to affect the vape though.

Tightened the air to about a squished 1mm. Makes solid contact on my P67.

If anyone is looking for a baby RDA this is worth a consideration. If it was a threaded cap it might dethrone my RM2.
How big is the airhole on the deck under the coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread