Status
Not open for further replies.

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
But to answer you question, more mAh - milliAmp hours - equates to more battery life; more vape time. But you do want to make sure your batteries provide at least 10 amps safely, this will allow your coils to go down to about 0.6 amps, which is pretty low. You want high-drain IMR batteries, for sure.

ETA: higher mAh is more runtime, and you'll probably end up around 2000-3000 mAh, that can vary pretty widely.

Last edited:

scratchtheweasel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Pocono PA
Can't hand these links out enough - you can't go wrong reading up on a few of Bad's blog entries:

Inexpensive Mechanical Mod/RDA Setup

Battery Basics for Mods: IMR or Protected ICR?

Be careful when getting into mechanical mods. There's too many posts on the forums from folks using the wrong batteries and getting themselves into a risky situation. If you do your reading first you will likely save money and lower your risk level. Do your homework and you will have happy vapes. :)

As for a recommendation I would offer up the k100. It's my first mech mod and it hasn't let me down. It's rock solid and works like a champ. Just make sure you know how to use it and have a correct setup with batteries properly matched to your coil's resistance.

Oh and +1 on RTD Vapor. They are a reputable vendor for batteries.

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
a lot of good advice here but I'll chime in a bit.

no one ever recommends a non 18650 bat I for one love my 18490s and 18350 the mod will be much smaller than with a 18650, you just need to know the limitations of those and what ohms do you plan on vaping.

I would recommend getting a few in each size
18650 sony vtc5 safe limit .2ohms
18490 aw safe limit .45ohms
18350 safe limit .7

rhean

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
Sooo...I'll recommend a Launcher clone. It's solid as a rock, smooth threads, copper contacts. Smooth, recessed button so you don't have to worry about a locking ring or accidental firing. Telescopic, which makes it very easy to adjust. Drawback: It's not pretty.

launcher.jpg

Re batteries: Sony vtc 4 or 5 are good. AW makes great batteries, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread