Looking to upgrade to a box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

pukinguprainbows

Nov 29, 2016
Salem, MA
Hello! New to the forums, and looking for some buying advice on my next upgrade!

So currently I'm using a provari 2.5 I believe (Honestly can't remember if it's the original or the 2.5, it's the limited zombie addition if that helps!) with an aspire mini nautilus tank. When I first started vaping (about 2ish years ago) I was using a hand-me-down machnial mod and an RDA a friend gave me to help cut down on my heavy gain smoking (no idea what the make or model of either of these where) but I did like using the RDA more then the tank I have now (also just from trying out a few of my friends set ups I've preferred them)

So if any of you could help point me in the right direction of a decient box mod with a good RDA for those of use new to building our own coils that would be great! Still a chain vaper if you will, and looking to get something with a bit more power. Would probably say I'm more a flavour chaser, and I do love a good throat hit. I will say I'm not very savvy with most vape lingo so please let me know if there's any additional info one might need to help! I'm working with about $100-$150 all together for my budget. Thanks again! -Gabii

Reactions: LouisLeBeau

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hello! New to the forums, and looking for some buying advice on my next upgrade!

So currently I'm using a provari 2.5 I believe (Honestly can't remember if it's the original or the 2.5, it's the limited zombie addition if that helps!) with an aspire mini nautilus tank. When I first started vaping (about 2ish years ago) I was using a hand-me-down machnial mod and an RDA a friend gave me to help cut down on my heavy gain smoking (no idea what the make or model of either of these where) but I did like using the RDA more then the tank I have now (also just from trying out a few of my friends set ups I've preferred them)

So if any of you could help point me in the right direction of a decient box mod with a good RDA for those of use new to building our own coils that would be great! Still a chain vaper if you will, and looking to get something with a bit more power. Would probably say I'm more a flavour chaser, and I do love a good throat hit. I will say I'm not very savvy with most vape lingo so please let me know if there's any additional info one might need to help! I'm working with about $100-$150 all together for my budget. Thanks again! -Gabii
I am a big fan of the istick Pico or eVic VTC Mini

Heard great things about tge IPV mods

All of those fire up to 75-80 watts if you need more power than that consider a dual 18650 battery mod

Reactions: Izan

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
For a single-battery mod and up to about 40w (the runtime with a single battery will be quite bad above 40w), the Eleaf Pico. You'll be limited to 22-23 mm tanks though. For up to 100-120w, get a two-battery mod (e.g. the Eleaf tc100w. The Smok Alien also seems nice but I don't have experience with it). For more than 120w, a three-battery mod (e.g. Wismec rx200, Lost Vape Triade). The Ijoy Limitless/Limitless+/Combo RDTA/RDTA Classic are pretty much drippers with a tank so you might like them. They're 24-25 mm though so make sure your mod fits them.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

CoreyDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham, UK
I'd take a look at the Smok Alien Kit.

220W dual battery box with the TFV8 Baby tank. The RBA has to be bought separately.

I've used the TFV8 baby for quite a while on a TC100 and absolutely love the tank. Great flavour, big clouds, easy to maintain and a fairly easy RBA to work on.

After my TC100 died, I decided on the Alien with Samsung 30Qs batteries, so far after 2 weeks, I'm very impressed. Battery life in 2 days (Chain vapour aswell) between 40W and 60W depending on coil I use. Using 18650 batteries (20A), you will be safe up to 110W but I went up to 85W once and was far too much for me.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
08741db8570515b6a8bcdbc68f192b89.jpg
welcome to ECF!
These mods are becoming two of my favorites..
White 80w IPVD3 (18650) and Black 100w Wismec Presa (26650)
fire the BabyBeast .15 ohm coils at 60w without even breaking a sweat...love that black Friday sale at my local B&M, ($20 for the D8) lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

Welcome and glad you joined. Can't be for cost and flavor:
Eleaf Istick 40TC----going on 2 years with same battery
Magma &/or Origin RDA
Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel Vape Magazine
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
What is an Atomizer? E-Cig Terminology Simplified
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013

Hi Gabi @pukinguprainbows and welcome to ECF. My daughters name is Gabi and she is beautiful too. :)

As you already know from the Provari, a quality mod is MUCH more important than the topper. SO many good Chinese knockoff RDA's and such to be had $10ish ( www.vapingcheap.com ). So, that said, I am completely loving the quality build and excellent circuitry of the DNA board devices. If small is your thing, the VT75 Nano (single 18650), or the slightly larger but flexible VT75 (single 18650 OR 26650 battery) are fabulous 75 watt devices. With your budget, you could even opt for the much larger DNA 200 Watt Triade and STILL be in budget with an RDA or two.

For toppers, flavor often comes at the expense of vapor. Less is more kinda thing. I really love the Petri, Tugboat, and Twisted Messes. Pretty sure they've all been cloned, as the originals are pricey.

Anyway, it's wonderful to have you aboard. Good luck on your search, and I hope to see you around the forum!

Oh, and you are using button top AW IMR batteries I imagine, in the Provari. You will want much higher Ohm rated and higher capacity batteries for a box mod. LG HG2's, Sony VTC6's.. excellent batteries. If those will hurt your budget, you can send me a PM. I cycle out my batteries every year. They are still almost new performance wise (maybe 30 to 50 charge cycles on each out of probably 500), and aesthetically, so if you need a few, PM me and I'd be happy to send them to you. Helping new vapers is part of this hobby for me. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: smacksy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread